Our Baby is Here....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Happy Appy for posting these. Mama is LWL'S Racheal 201102A and Daddy is Lessleys Dapper Dusty A68122. Destiny was born on day 305 but seems to be quite healthy. (I let them out in the corral while I cleaned the stall in these pics. Hope to let them out in the runs this afternoon....

And the pictures are in!

mamaandbaby.jpg

Destiny2daysold2.jpg

Destiny2daysold.jpg

That baby is gorgeous! Congratulations! I was in the same boat as you a year ago, except no one thought she was bred when we brought her home. Between this forum, advice from experienced and helpful breeders, and "The Complete Book of Foaling" I was able to save our filly and probably my mare. I was shaking so hard and so scared! But the landmarks and information I had memorized and had covered and pinned in the stall kept me from panic when only one hoof and head presented. I never did find her other leg, she was big and overdue, and we got her pulled out and down with contractions and delivered a beautiful baby (avatar). Her leg apparently had been pinned under her, it was weak for a day and night, the vet said keep them in the stall it would straighten out and gain strength, it did the next day!

She also has a perfect heart on her right side front....

Wow, what a looker
default_wub.png

You did your homework and did a great job!

I bet your mare was happy you were there to assist. Alot of credit is due to this forum for making so many deliveries successful, including me
default_yes.gif

Congratulations
default_biggrin.png

And the pictures are in!

Destiny2daysold.jpg
What a gorgeous foal! Wow. Look at those hind legs! I really love the way she is put together. Very cute. And a little heart on her shoulder!

I'm outside in the freezing cold waiting by my mailbox for her to arrive!!!!!!!!
default_yes.gif

Congrats on your beautiful filly!! And to anyone new to foaling u need to get in there and help BEFORE the mare wears herself out trying to have a mispositioned baby. Im sure this little fillys Mamma is very happy her owner was there and helped her out!

WOW!!! What a GORGEOUS foal! Congrats! And good for you helping your mare!!!!

Sue,

Just want to say again how happy I am for you and your new foal! Not only beautifully colored! But a filly to boot! How cool is that!

Congrats!!

Joy

Kiss Breezy for me :0)

I'm a little partial to chestnuts my self....I love your new little one!!!! congrats!!

Thanks, Joy. I really appreciate all the help and answers to any questions I've had, not only with Breeze but with the foaling questions too. Can't wait to start practicing with Breezy. And as usual, I will still have questions.....
default_smile.png
))

Sue,

Just want to say again how happy I am for you and your new foal! Not only beautifully colored! But a filly to boot! How cool is that!

Congrats!!

Joy

Kiss Breezy for me :0)

Back