Our 2nd and last foal for the year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dona! Echo is a perlino and I don't think he carries silver. I think his (colt's) mane is diluted from the dun gene as Echo has dorsal stripe and leg barring and throws it. I think that's why his eyes are like that, kinda gray/blue.

Sarah!?!?

Dona said:
WOW....he's gorgeous Kim!
aktion033.gif
    Does his cremello sire carry silver as well?  That colt definitely looks like a Silver Buckskin!
yes.gif

CONGRATULATIONS on another great foal!!!!
aktion033.gif

418003[/snapback]

Gage said:
Getitia said:
Does his cremello sire carry silver as well? That colt definitely looks like a Silver Buckskin
Actually his sire is pretty interesting genetically - he carries 2 black, 2 agouti and 2 creme genes and 1 dun. No silver - sire is a buckskin, dam is a buckskin dun.

418034[/snapback]

does that mean he is homozygous for buckskin with out being bred to a horse with non cream? Or if he was bred to a perlino or a cremello or a smokey cream he would be homozygous for a perlino?

-Gage-

418037[/snapback]

He will only produce buckskins with non-cream mares and perlinos with cream mares. Takes the guesswork right out of it!
biggrin.gif

Awww, he sure is cute! He looks so tiny next to his mama! His eyes look as though they will stay blue too! CONGRATULATIONS!

Meavey said:
Since his dam is chestnut she could carry silver.He sure is pretty! Congrats.
aktion033.gif

418200[/snapback]

Thanks! Nope, no silver in his dam either, her dam is black and her sire was bay so the colt can't be silver.

Latest posts

Back