Our 2nd and last foal for the year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's another boy! Still thinking of a name for this little guy. He was 19" at birth with a 6" cannon bone. His eye's look blue, they're more gray/blue/green. Is that hazel? They're pretty eyes whatever color they are! He is this mare's first foal and she loves being a mama. Pretty cute, huh?

Rbycoltgllp.jpg

colttrot1.jpg

HOW ADROBLE!! I think I am in love with him!! Do you have pics of the sire? He is such a pretty boy!! CONGRATS!!

-Gage-

[SIZE=14pt]Lovely mare and foal!! COngradulations.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Lovely mare, gorgeous stallion and what a special colt! He's just perfect. My first thought was "In My Father's Eyes". Congratulations. He sure favors his daddy!

ohhh wow that sire is GORGEOUS!!! No wonder your colt is so pretty, pretty dam and pretty sire!!

Is this colt going to be for sale?

-Gage-

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! Yes he will likely be for sale. He has a (much leggier) brother too by the same sire and out of a mare who is the dam of the sorrel mare. (Photo below) This mare turned 20 years old this year. She's in great shape!

Gage said:
ohhh wow that sire is GORGEOUS!!!  No wonder your colt is so pretty, pretty dam and pretty sire!!
Is this colt going to be for sale?

-Gage-

417896[/snapback]

DSC00026.JPG

Hey!! I own one of his sisters! Cute babies and wonderful personalities!! You are very lucky!

WOW....he's gorgeous Kim!
aktion033.gif
Does his cremello sire carry silver as well? That colt definitely looks like a Silver Buckskin!
yes.gif

CONGRATULATIONS on another great foal!!!!
aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

KIM,

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR AWESOME BABY...HE IS VERY, VERY NICE...I LOVE HIS SIRE...HANDSOME LAD!!!!!!!!!!!AND, I LOVE THAT PRETTY MOVIN MAMA
aktion033.gif

HE SURE LOOKS TO BE A KEEPER
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

LIS

Does his cremello sire carry silver as well? That colt definitely looks like a Silver Buckskin
Actually his sire is pretty interesting genetically - he carries 2 black, 2 agouti and 2 creme genes and 1 dun. No silver - sire is a buckskin, dam is a buckskin dun.

Getitia said:
Does his cremello sire carry silver as well? That colt definitely looks like a Silver Buckskin
Actually his sire is pretty interesting genetically - he carries 2 black, 2 agouti and 2 creme genes and 1 dun. No silver - sire is a buckskin, dam is a buckskin dun.

418034[/snapback]

does that mean he is homozygous for buckskin with out being bred to a horse with non cream? Or if he was bred to a perlino or a cremello or a smokey cream he would be homozygous for a perlino?

-Gage-

Last edited by a moderator:
minimama said:
Hey!!  I own one of his sisters! Cute babies and wonderful personalities!!  You are very lucky!
417977[/snapback]

I wanted to ask you if your filly is a dun? My older colt has a dorsal stripe and leg barring. Looks really cool!

OOOOHHH KIM!!! These are the BEST pictures yet!!!

aktion033.gif
He is so GORGEOUS!!!
aktion033.gif

You have the BEST lookin` horses...
yes.gif

Latest posts

Back