Quantcast

Our 2nd and last foal for the year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Reaction score
It's another boy! Still thinking of a name for this little guy. He was 19" at birth with a 6" cannon bone. His eye's look blue, they're more gray/blue/green. Is that hazel? They're pretty eyes whatever color they are! He is this mare's first foal and she loves being a mama. Pretty cute, huh?

~Palomino~

Reaction score
HOW ADROBLE!! I think I am in love with him!! Do you have pics of the sire? He is such a pretty boy!! CONGRATS!!

-Gage-

lyn_j

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Lovely mare and foal!! COngradulations.[/SIZE]

Lyn

ChrystalPaths

Reaction score
Lovely mare, gorgeous stallion and what a special colt! He's just perfect. My first thought was "In My Father's Eyes". Congratulations. He sure favors his daddy!

~Palomino~

Reaction score
ohhh wow that sire is GORGEOUS!!! No wonder your colt is so pretty, pretty dam and pretty sire!!

Is this colt going to be for sale?

-Gage-

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Thank you! Yes he will likely be for sale. He has a (much leggier) brother too by the same sire and out of a mare who is the dam of the sorrel mare. (Photo below) This mare turned 20 years old this year. She's in great shape!

Gage said:
ohhh wow that sire is GORGEOUS!!!  No wonder your colt is so pretty, pretty dam and pretty sire!!
Is this colt going to be for sale?

-Gage-

417896[/snapback]

minimama

Reaction score
Hey!! I own one of his sisters! Cute babies and wonderful personalities!! You are very lucky!

Dona

Reaction score
WOW....he's gorgeous Kim!
Does his cremello sire carry silver as well? That colt definitely looks like a Silver Buckskin!

CONGRATULATIONS on another great foal!!!!

GREENWOODMINIS

Reaction score

KIM,

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR AWESOME BABY...HE IS VERY, VERY NICE...I LOVE HIS SIRE...HANDSOME LAD!!!!!!!!!!!AND, I LOVE THAT PRETTY MOVIN MAMA

HE SURE LOOKS TO BE A KEEPER

LIS

Getitia

Reaction score
Does his cremello sire carry silver as well? That colt definitely looks like a Silver Buckskin
Actually his sire is pretty interesting genetically - he carries 2 black, 2 agouti and 2 creme genes and 1 dun. No silver - sire is a buckskin, dam is a buckskin dun.

~Palomino~

Reaction score
Getitia said:
Does his cremello sire carry silver as well? That colt definitely looks like a Silver Buckskin
Actually his sire is pretty interesting genetically - he carries 2 black, 2 agouti and 2 creme genes and 1 dun. No silver - sire is a buckskin, dam is a buckskin dun.

418034[/snapback]

does that mean he is homozygous for buckskin with out being bred to a horse with non cream? Or if he was bred to a perlino or a cremello or a smokey cream he would be homozygous for a perlino?

-Gage-

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
minimama said:
Hey!!  I own one of his sisters! Cute babies and wonderful personalities!!  You are very lucky!
417977[/snapback]

I wanted to ask you if your filly is a dun? My older colt has a dorsal stripe and leg barring. Looks really cool!

CyndiD

Reaction score
OOOOHHH KIM!!! These are the BEST pictures yet!!!

He is so GORGEOUS!!!

You have the BEST lookin` horses...

Latest posts