Other than Nationals -

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffian

Reaction score
I will be watching a lot of the show, but hubby isn't the horse fanatic that I am. Any suggestions that we can do on the days we aren't showing?

I've never been but I did not there was a racetrack and simulcast center on the same property. There is also a baseball field but again don't know if the Tulsa team will be playing then or not. Someone mentioned there is a zoo nearby as well. I also saw there is a home show and a flea market on the first Saturday. This might help: Tulsa attractions

The State Fair of OK starts Sept 17th at the fairgrounds in OKC.

It's really large and has lots to see! Make a day of it!

It seems like they always have a "gun and knife" show or flee market right there on the grounds, nearly every year.

of course you can always swing by and visit the "WATER'N HOLE".

Linda Killion

ericastinytrotters

Depends on what you like to do: On site baseball may be done unless playoffs extend season. Ice hocky downtown, HS football all over, College ball a couple blocks away(TU), Shopping of many favors, Bass Pro is down BA expressway a short distant, all levels of racing (Drag, micros, stock, road racing, etc)(Staurday night drags are fun) in area, Zoo is fair, River parks always has weekend events running & aquarium, Grocery store flyers with local events listed & eating locations. OKC state Fair is 96miles down turnpike & also will have a host of things going on. Indain Casincos abound all over Tulsa now. Cherokee Casinco has just had Grand Opening of "HARD ROCK" branding & opening of another restuarnt = Toby Keith's. Okla is only behind Las Vegas now in number of Casincos & Tulsa has more than its share. For eating just ask some local show people as there is almost everything that you can find at other places.

CAUTION: Stimulus money has orange construction barrels all over the place but it is still pretty easy to get around. Owasso, just north of town has some nice eating places & shopping now that is very easy to get to. There are TURNPIKES heading in from OKC or I35/Kansas or Joplin Missouri, or Muskogee = about any direction you come into town is on turnpikes. Any branding of church is also here for those who wish to attend, again, just ask the local show people.

IF THERE IS SOMETHNG SPECIFIC PLEASE INQUIRE & IT CAN EASILY BE FOUND. Metro area is over 750,000+ now.

Tulsa is a reality easy town to drive in & find things with short directions.

Have fun & be SAFE...

Back