Other half STILL in the hospital

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HGFarm

Reaction score
In the middle of all this mess with my beloved still being in the hospital, my mare Nutmeg decided Monday morning about 1 a.m. to bring into the world a lovely JET BLACK colt, sired by my old stallion Grays Smoke Signal (Bob).

Friendly from the moment he announced his own arrival (all her foals have done this- it's so funny and they are so friendly from the first moment they are born) he thinks the world is pretty cool.

I thought, in the dim light, that he was chestnut like mama, but was surprized when I went out the next morning to find that he is very black- his sire is a black based silver dapple, but sure didnt expect this, LOL

He is handsome and healthy, and is sure a blessing during such rough times we've been having. Home computer is still broken, but will try to figure out a way to post pics by this weekend maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]CONGRATULATIONS [/SIZE]

Sorry to hear your other half is in the hospital, how is he doing now?

But this is good news.

Hope you can download a picture or two.
default_saludando.gif

Congratulations on your new arrival!

I hope your SO is able to get out of the hospital very soon and gets to recovering. I'm sure it's very stressful for both of you. {{{Hugs}}}}

Congrats on your new colt! I can't wait to see him!

HUGS & PRAYERS for you and you S/O
default_wub.png

Congratulations on a healthy new colt!!! Sending prayers for your "other half's" speedy recovery
default_wink.png
default_pray.gif
:pray

Prayers for the hubby to help him recover quickly and get home where he belongs.

Isn't it just wonderful that the Lord see's to it to give us hope and happiness in a little black colt!

So glad you have this little bundle of joy to love on and he sounds like such a sweety.

God bless you and your family.

Congrats on your new arrival
default_aktion033.gif
And hope your hubby is back home and all better soon.

Glad to learn about your new colt! Have you decided on a name?

How about "Black Smoke or Black Fire" to go with his sires smoke signal name....

Congrats on the new baby. I cant wait to see pix...

Hope your hubby gets home soon,,

(((HUGS))) to you all..

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah Can't wait to see pics. Prayers for a speedy recovery for your S.O.!

Please keep in mind I took this with my cell phone, emailed it to myself and went from there, so it is NOT a very good pic, but here is one of the little new guy! He is five days old and out in the 'big world' for the first time. Nutmeg is his mama and Bob (Grays Smoke Signal) is his pop.

AND great news that Clyde gets to come home from the hospital some time today! His chemo went well yesterday, so they are letting him come home! Woohoo! Three more treatments to go....

I have not thought of a name for baby yet, but did want to include something with the sire and dam's name.

Dam's dam was Almost Heavens Cinnamon Sugar, and dam is Heather Glens Nutmeg. Nutmegs other colt was Red Hot Chili Pepper (he was chestnut). Any ideas out there?

Nutmeg09colt5days.jpg

Aww, what a cutie! Glad to hear Clyde is coming home too, what great news!!

The first name I thought of was Smokin Black Pepper, not very good one!

Latest posts

Back