open/fun shows in New England

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bitsy

Reaction score
HI, this is my first time on here. Thought this might be a good place to ask where we can find mini fun/open shows in the New England area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Wow! I can't believe the quick response, thank you all so much. The info was actually needed for a very good friend of mine who lives in Connecticut. I'm in PA and thrilled to join the forum!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Maine Miniature Horse Club is hosting 3 shows this year. They are open shows and arefun type shows. our first of the year will be May 28. It will be a clinic/show with Lee Crutchfield as our judge for the day. This is an excellent show to start with for novices to the experienced showman. Our shows are held at Cumberland Fair grounds about 5 minutes off I 95 just north of Portland.

Good luck with your showing and hope to see you at some of ours.

Mark

NbarH Riding Club in BarringtonNH has 4 mini shows, their website is www.nbarh.org and Carriage Meadow has 2 shows in Gonic NH-contact [email protected]. Both series are great shows with something for everyone and lots of nice people willing to help newcomers.

Welcome! I'm in eastern, MA
default_smile.png

Others posted good info already
default_smile.png

Tammie

In addition to the shows above Colonial Miniature Horse Club is having several shows and clinics. One will be an AMHR rated show and the others will be open to any reg mini [WCMHR, AMHA, AMHR]. The dates are:

6/3&4/06 - AMHR rated show, Chesire Fairgrounds, Keene,NH

6/25/06 - open show, Miracles in Motion Arena, Wyman Rd, Keene

7/16/06 - open show, Clearbrook Farm, Hancock NH

8/13/06 - open show, Winchendon Country Stables, MA

Clinics

5/13/06 - Show Clipping and Hoof Trimming, 12 Noon @ Blessing Farm, Stratham, NH

7/23/06 - Driving (bring your horse & cart), 10 am @ John Whitney's, Swanzey, NH

9/24/06 - Fun Day: Obstacles, Trail drive, & lunch (bring your horse and cart) 10 am @ Debbie Gokey's Rindge, NH

You can contact either John Whitney @ [email protected] or Linda Best @ [email protected]

What part of New England are you from?

The New England Miniature Horse Society is having its first show of the season on May 21, 2006 ,in

Greene, RI and it will be a Amatuer & Novice & youth show, open to all AMHA horses,and will be having clinic held after show , This will be great learning experience , You may want to come and show or just watch, I can give you more info if you want- E-mail me at [email protected] Hope you can go ! JANE

Hi

I'm from New England, Rhode Island, and the newly formed NORTHEAST MINIATURE HORSE CLUB. Our first show this year is May 27 @ Townsends Training Center in Pembroke, NH and sanctioned by AMHA. Any horse registered with AMHA, may show at our show. This show has two judges, one of which is a WORLD judge. We have added classes for "MENTORED BEGINNERS". These classes are mentored by regional/world amateurs that will be able to guide the exhibitor during their classes. We hope our mentored beginners will feel encouraged to show at any of their local shows with confidence. Our group of amateurs can answer questions regarding conditioning, feeding programs and ring presentation.

For information, our website: http://northeastminis.org If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact any of our members.

Hope we'll see you there!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back