Only 3 babies for us this year

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky-C-Acres-Minis

Reaction score
Sweet Tart lost a black colt about an hour ago..
default_no.gif

So sick right now, baby was kicking up a storm last night when I went out to shut off lights.. Said he had been dead 6-8 hours after they finally got him out (head was tucked down).. Wasn't here, I was at work but came home when mom told me she was having problems, had it out when I got home.. *sigh*

Edited to add:

Mare is doing fine but sore, nibbling at grain, never called out to baby or looked for him.. Flushed her out and have her on banamine and close eye for the next couple days

Last edited by a moderator:
default_no.gif
I am so sorry to hear about your colt. It is the one thing we all dread. Prayers going out to you & your mare.

Oh geez, I am so sorry. So scary to have that happen, and to carry a foal all the way to the end and then lose it, is so heartbreaking.
default_crybaby.gif

Sending big hugs to you and your beautiful mare.

im so sorry for your loss. Sending good thoughts to the mare

Kay

So sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif
I know what you are going through as I lost my fist colt of the year Saturday.
default_sad.png

Here is hoping that all of use who are loosing foals, have all of the rest born healthy and happy.

Cristina, so sorry to hear this news. It just plain stinks! So sorry.

Debbie

Oh, that is so sad, I'm very sorry for your loss.
default_sad.png

Thank you for the kind thoughts and prayers..

I knew it was bound to happen one day, that's the risk you take, but after losing the three mares over the past three years I was really hoping and praying for a smooth and easy foaling season this year.. Of course it's my sister's mare/foal, and it was her mare that we lost last year, so she's taking it pretty hard, doesn't want to go out to the barn
default_no.gif

I can't believe he's gone so soon.. I had gone out to the barn at 9ish last night to turn off the lights and sat in her stall for 10-15 minutes feeling/watching him bounce/kick and talking to him, hard to fathom that just a few hours after that he was dead.. Dad said that his umbilical was pretty twisted close to his belly, only thing we and the vets could find wrong, looked like a healthy, normal developed 280 day foal.. Jet black with frosting on his hips..
default_sad.png

Sweet Tart is doing well, she's really sore, but she is eating and walking with us up and down the aisle-way of the barn (don't want to turn her out as it's pretty muddy) Never cried for him which I'm thankful for, would break my heart even more to hear her crying for him.. They flushed her out as a precaution even though placenta was intact, and we have her on banamine for the next couple days..

Latest posts

Back