Only 2011 foal here, it's a good 'un!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HGFarm

Reaction score
Well kick me again for selling the sire - but early this morning my last foal here by National Top Ten CR Lakota Renegade was born... Renegade is a chestnut leopard son of Carousel Designer Legacy, who earned many titles himself in halter color and driving. Mama is my near leopard mare sired by a leopard and out of a mare that goes back to Toyland Little Sombrero.

Newly arrived is his sire's look alike, a chestnut leopard colt!! (And now I know that mama is not homozygous black, lol) I am pretty pleased with this little guy-

These are terrible pics.. the first pic he was still wet and didnt yet have a clue... the others were taken going on 4 hours old. He is very alert, friendly from the start and likes to be scratched already.

It's hard to see all his spots yet- but if you look closely under the red pig hairs, which will disappear, you can see quite a few. He has a star on his face too.

Vixen11colt3hrsold.jpg

Vixen11leopcolt4hrs.jpg

Vixenfoalfront4hrs.jpg

Vixenfoalspots3811.jpg

VixenfoalRF4hrsold.jpg

Vixennew11foalrear.jpg

**MORE PICS ON PAGE 3 LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, he is a full brother to my fewcap filly that was born two years ago.... Sire and dam pictured here... Can you tell I am excited?

Renegade as a foal.... and then an adult...

RenegadebabyEN.jpg

Renegade41108.jpg

And the colt's mama....

VixenFront08.jpg

I'll have to check back from my other computer. Can't see the images now but hope to later. Congrats!

Congratulations on a very nice colt and since you sold his daddy, maybe you ought to keep this little cutie.
default_poke.gif

Oooo La La! Congratulations, Laurie! What a lovely colt! Love all the spots!!

Pam

Hahaha, Sample, dont encourage me!!!! The thought HAS crossed my mind a couple of times already.. Ok, a whole bunch of times, LOL

His spots dont show up well in the pics yet... on the one pic where he is reaching towards his mama you can see the spots on his neck under the reddish outer coat. Woohoo, can't wait til he's old enough to clip!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Laurie, he is soo cute! Guess you lucked out with spots and only one foal born this year! I think he looks a lot like his Renegade's foal picture.
default_biggrin.png

My pinto mare is in foal with Carnival's first foal, also a Designer Legacy son, she is around 327 days and crossing her legs.
default_wacko.png

I LOVE him!!! He does look like his sire!! Whhaaa Whoooo Congrats!! ANd yes I think Spot, your little few cap ( future hersire) would LOVE him as a permante play mate!
default_aktion033.gif

Cant wait for more pics!!!

Congratulations , he looks super
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
I cannot believe you sold his sire
default_new_shocked.gif
you must be mad
default_yes.gif
he is GORGEOUS !!!!!

Congratulations on a gorgeous colt, definitely should keep that one LOL! I am excited for my first appies to be born here!

Yes I am still kicking myself for selling Ren- this colts sire, but am just so limited on room here and can only keep so many... sigh. What I couldnt do with winning the lottery and a few more acres! LOL It might be a good thing I AM limited!

Thank you so much for the compliments... am trying to raise better looking Appies that can move and perform- that's my goal anyhow.

LOL Zoey I am sure Spot would love to have a playmate since he has to be a 'big boy' now and can't be out with the girls. Can't wait to see your foals out of your Spot lookalike!!!

Kim run your mare around the block a few times... one of you will give up, LOL

And Maple Hollow, I can't wait to see what you get too. I just love spring and all the babies! I am kinda sad that I just have the one this year. Oh well, that's ok!

I am so happy for you! I love the excitement in your post! If this is your only foal this year I would say you did it up BIG!! Congratulations and have fun playing with him!! Lavonne

Oh Laurie CONGRATS! He's a DOLL! I love his spots!

I can't wait to see him clipped later!
default_aktion033.gif

Yes Lavonne, this is my only foal this year... I sold another mare in foal to the same stallion. She is now owned by forum member CheyAut and will be due soon. I really wanted this to be a leopard filly to keep and breed to my other stallion later, but we'll see what life brings.... Maybe CheyAut will get the leopard filly, since that mare had a leopard by the same cross before! It's so fun breeding Appies, you just NEVER know what you're gonna get!

Yes, I cant wait to crank up the clippers and give this one a buzz!! Actually I have a couple here I am dying to clip but gotta hold out til it warms up a bit more.. it's quite windy today... the tarp in the background on the pics is helping block some of the gusts....

Congrats on your little cutie. I love seeing these foal photos, spring is in the air!

Back