One Of Those -bleeping- Days

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lacie

Reaction score
Okay. I have been cramping like crazy. I just slept for over 6 hours in the middle of the day. So, while I'm awake, I figure Rizer needs another going over with the clippers for a show next weekend. I'm HALF WAY DONE and I need some kool lube. So I step out of his stall, place the clippers on this shelf thing, and they FALL. Whatever, I pick them up and put them back on the shelf. I come back, only to find my little switch is missing... All Golden a5 Oster owners know what I'm talking about.

That little cheap plastic switch of doodoo.

It broke off... I can turn my clippers on and use them, as long as they're upside down >8[ I am livid. It's not like they're cheapo little clippers - the blades alone cost $30. The clippers usually cost over $150. You would think, since they take such expensive pride in their product, they would put a better freaking switch on it.

So they're going to get a little pleasant call tomorrow, and God bless the soul because this is NOT THE WEEK TO MESS WITH ME >8[ Right in the middle of show season. Me and my luck. -headdeskheaddeskheaddesk- I have loved my A5's up to this point, but SERIOUSLY?! A CHEAP LITTLE PLASTIC SWITCH?! Am I the subject of some sick joke?

</vent>

I'm sorry your clippers are broken but seriously you should not expect them to be undamaged if you let them fall like that. You can also end up with the blades chipped and such if they fall.

I'm sorry your clippers are broken but seriously you should not expect them to be undamaged if you let them fall like that. You can also end up with the blades chipped and such if they fall.

Like the previous poster said...sorry you are having such a bad day..but in all honesty, there is no reason to get so worked up. Just call them in the morning, they will probably me more than happy to make it right by you. But the honest truth is, accidents happen...and you can't always expect everything to come out unscathed. If you drop your cell phone and it breaks, its not the manufacturers fault you dropped it...they didn't design or advertise that it could/would survive that.

As also mentioned, in dropping your clippers, you could chip or break the blades...but again, would you blame the manufacturer for that?

Sorry your day is so frustrating. I know how it can be. Hopefully the company will replace the part for you and all will be well again!

I own a dog grooming business. There is no way you can leave clippers like that, have them fall and expect them to work afterwards. Switches are cheap. You are lucky if thats all thats wrong with them. Sorry......

My Double K's cable broke 2 days before a show. Took 10 days to get a new cable, and still waiting on another part.

Life is waaaay to short to stress over a broken switch.

It's not like I let them fall, the shelf is oh, about three feet off the ground - above soft dirt. I've always placed them there when I'm in and out of the stall and they've never even budged. Should've known the strain of luck would end >.< They work on low speed right now. Supposedly the switch has a replacement and conveniently enough they're backordered until the 24th. Sounds like it's a pretty common issue. I'm not exactly sure how it comes off o_O But at the very least I can finish the clip and get the gelding clipped. The gelding is more of a show priority, so I should probably get him clipped first.

I have the heavy duty Double K clippers ithe a 12' cable, but I have two sets. Just incase something goes wrong with one of them, I have a back up. You know about Murphy's Law? It happens here all the time.
default_no.gif

So be prepaired is my motto.

An extra set of clippers is a MUST if you clip for show, even if the extra set isn't near the quality of your primary set.

I am sorry that your clippers fell, but placing them on a shelf without being certain they wouldn't fall (and you weren't, because they did) was just asking for disaster (and disaster you got). Remember not to do that in the future and chock this up to a life lesson. I hope the company sends you a replacement for free (though I wouldn't expect that if I were you) and, if they do, please remember what a wonderful gesture it was and pass that information along to your friends.

Gotta agree with the others. And $150 for a set of clippers is CHEAP! Wish Double K's were as inexpensive.

But believe me, I understand your frustration. There's nothing more frustrating than clippers that don't work or clip properly. Regardless of why!

Latest posts

Back