One more loss, mare aborted

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif
I hope the rest of your mares do well!

Thank you all. Gracie read all your posts and appreciates your kind words. We are just so happy Rockette seems to be doing well and happy being back out with her friends.

I can not believe our luck. My daughter lost a mare & foal last year and then lost another foal last year (the only two she was expecting and her first year expecting foals). Now a mare just aborted at 8.5 months pregnant. She coliced 2 nights ago and we had the vet out and she was oiled and seemed to be doing well. Then we go out to find an aborted colt this morning. This is the same mare who lost her full term pregnancy last year because the foal did not get out of the sac. Last year it was a bay tobiano filly, this year was a sorrel tobiano colt. Everything appeared normal on examination, except the cord was pretty heavily twisted. The foal also seemed to be the right size for as fas along as she was. My vet said that it could have been a number of things which I already know. Poor Gracie is once again dealing with loss and defeat. We have 5 more mares still in foal but now she is panicked about the rest. They are not due to foal until the end of April with the last one expected June 1.

So very sorry for your loss. We lost a baby this past year, and it is heartbreaking. She has been bred back to the same stallion, and we hope for better luck this year. We will keep you in our thoughts and hope everything goes well with the other ones.

So terribbly sorry for your loss but at least the mare is OK and we can only be thankful for that.

Yes after losing a mare & foal and then another foal last year (our first year foaling minis) we are extremely thankful that this mare is doing well. We pray that everyones foaling season is uneventful and goes well.

how awful!! so sorry for your loss!!!! hang in there Gracie! hoping and praying that all your other mares and foals do really well!!!

Latest posts

Back