OMG!!! Friends at Never Ending Ranch in Canada came close!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Aaron's eye is OK, it looks red and irritated, should get that checked out, just had brunch with my friends, he sure is a tough guy, and still has fast reflexes.. so glad to be able to see you and hear the horses are OK.

I am always amazed at how many friends are there for you when you sure need help...

God Bless All, who where willing to help a friend in need...
default_wub.png

So this accident got me thinking......would my trailer be covered should I have an accident while hauling it???? Checked today with my insurance carrier and NO.....it would have to be added to policy, like a car to be covered for damage. It would cover any liability issues should it hurt somebody else's property such as backing it into something and damaging somebody else's property but my trailer would not be covered......hhmmmmmm

SO how many of you have your trailers covered and is it worth the cost and deductible to have such coverage?

So this accident got me thinking......would my trailer be covered should I have an accident while hauling it???? Checked today with my insurance carrier and NO.....it would have to be added to policy, like a car to be covered for damage. It would cover any liability issues should it hurt somebody else's property such as backing it into something and damaging somebody else's property but my trailer would not be covered......hhmmmmmm SO how many of you have your trailers covered and is it worth the cost and deductible to have such coverage?
We now have 2 million liability, and for another $71.00 a year for collision and comp.

collision $500.00 deductible and comp $300.00 deductable (for the trailer)

Something everyone should check into?

Last edited by a moderator:
OMGosh thank goodness everyone is OK. It is a miracle the horses were uninjured. So sorry for the loss of your trailer.

I hope we can all use our experience as a lesson, please check with your insurance company and make sure your trailer is in fact covered, do not assume that because it is attached to your vehicle that it will be covered, we are finding out in most cases it is not!

We thought our trailer was covered as we specifically gave the insurance company the title information and told them we haul horses to shows and for other reasons. We also had full coverage on our truck. Well upon talking to the insurance people after the moose accident, they are now saying our trailer is NOT covered. We did not get a seperate policy issued when all the rest of our policies arrived but we ASSUMED that since we said we wanted to make sure it was covered that it was under our vehicle policy. Ignorance is NOT bliss.

A few of our friends have called their insurance company and found out they did not have coverage on their trailers either. They all thought they were covered as well. Believe me that you do not want to find this out after your trailer is totaled. These friends live in both Canada and the US so wherever you are CALL your insurance people double check as a couple minutes will save you a huge expence and a lot of grief.

Back