OMHCI Free Educational Clinic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeCFarm

Reaction score
The Oklahoma Miniature Horse Club, Inc would like to invite you to our annual miniature horse clinic on March 29, 2008 in Norman, OK. If you would like more information or to receive a flyer, please email Stephanie at [email protected] or call me at (580)658-3972 and I'll make sure you get on the list.

Oklahoma Miniature Horse Club, Inc. Fifth Annual Clinic
Cleveland County Fairgrounds, Norman, OK

March 29, 2008

9am-6pm

FREE ADMISSION

Families Welcome--we will have activities for youth!!
Sessions include:

**Equine Nutrition by Tommy Brock, Field Nutritionist for Progressive Nutrition

**Equine Chiropractics by Dr Jill Beatty of Competitive Edge Chiropractics

**Ground Manners and Presenting a Halter Horse by Frank Lupton of Reflections

**Appaloosa Horse Genetics and Research by Tammy Cathers

**Foaling by Dr Michael Wiley DVM of Equine Center

**Paper Work by Becky Schulz of Redrock

**Show Halters and Selection by Charlotte Lupton of Reflections

**Confidence in Showing Halter and Driving by Tammi Boyster of Winning Ways

**Hands on Session with Your Horse--Anything goes, bring your horse for help with driving, halter, grooming, showmanship, etc

Lunch and drinks will be provided by OMHCI with an open discussion during the lunch hour with all attendees. This is a great opportunity to get the answers you've always wanted!

Door prizes and raffle items available!

Stalls are just $10 and you provide your own shavings. Of course, all horses must have their Coggins and health certificate as per state law.

Are you having a free barbecue lunch like last year ??????????
default_biggrin.png

Charlotte

You bet! Free brisket!
default_aktion033.gif
That's worth the trip for me, just getting the brisket, LOL!

Stephanie,

You have a great line-up for the clinic. You and Tammi (and others I guess) have done a fantastic job.
default_aktion033.gif

Hope to see you there.

Rita

It should be great for 'newbies' as well as those wtih more experience. Lots of great info available. Hands on practice too. Miniature horses + friends + food = a great day!

Hope to see lots of people there!

I have never been to this even.

Is the environment better suited for bringing your horse or is it spectator friendly?

I think I would like to come and learn but not necessarily bring the horses on that trip.

Ellen

Ellen, no need to bring a horse unless you want to. Plenty to see and learn even without horses. I'm going to be doing a presentation on AMHA paperwork which I think will be beneficial for many!
default_smile.png

Ellen, as Becky said, it is spectator friendly. The whole morning portion will be a lecture format, with an open discussion at lunch time, then in the afternoon will be a hands on session for those who brought their horses, but even if you don't bring one, you can learn a lot just from observing. If you will email me your address, I'll make sure you get on our mailing list for the clinic. We'd love to have you!

Thank you, Rita! We're trying! You better be there, I don't get to see you enough anymore!
default_no.gif

Looks like it's going to be great! Hope I get to go this year!

Viki

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! LisaB on the Forum (from Ozark Mtn Tack) is going to be selling DVDs of our clinic this year, hopefully to be released by Nationals!
default_aktion033.gif

Wow! What an awesome day you have lined up!!! And for FREE!!!! You should get a great crowd out for that - wish I was closer and could attend. I will just have to be satisfied with a DVD of the event I guess.
default_yes.gif

I actually think it is better to come without a horse. You can focus, then, on everything there is to learn without thinking about your horse.

The day just flies by! So much of interest.

Will the flyer have directions? Like, if one was going down I35?

Thanks!

Viki

Viki--It sure will, the Cleveland County Fairgrounds are VERY VERY easy to find. I used to show there years ago with my big horses. It is a very nice facility.

Maybe it is because I have shown for so many years, but I don't have a problem taking my horse to a clinic (or something similar). As long as I feed and water them when I get there, I just walk by periodically to make sure they are fine. No worries! And sometimes a fresh pair of eyes watching you work with your horse can provide a whole new outlook!

Marsha, thanks so much for your donations to the door prizes. Marsha has donated a HARNESS!!!! Wow!

Latest posts

Back