Okay Obama pple

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlesteppers

Reaction score
I can not figure this all out by myself..Seriously..want to know how, why and who..

Here it goes..

Obama was born a poor guy.according to his own words his mother was on foodstamps at One point..yet ..he is running for president..if all the african american people are so suppressed in this horrible country that you just cannot be proud off..how is it possible..apperently we give NO fonds to the poor..how did he afford Harvard..????

He said he had gotten scholarships and loans. Does that work for you Littlesteppers?

So it is possible to climb the ladder of success?? Even if you black, poor and suppressed?

I am not sure where you are going with this? Other then what it sounds like you are implying? Baiting for a debate about race? I mean really why is what is available for African Americans being related to the discussion of Obama if race means nothing to you?

Of course anything is possible however the reality is in this great country of ours it is much harder for some then others.

Last edited by a moderator:
You serious..you don't get this...
default_wacko.png

No you missed my point entirely. I am serious, I do get where you are going with this. I get it loud and clear.
default_no.gif

Actually we GET you are trying to run him down..... again.

But he is trying to make it easier for people to get an education.

I believe, and please Christine do correct me if I am off base here, the idea is and the impression is that Obama may have been culitvated all along for what is going on now. It has absolutely nothing to do with race. Why would you even go there? Nothing along those lines was even stated here. The idea is that he may have recieved money from outside sources to promote him. This would have to do with some of his possible upbringing. The idea of having muslim ties. Muslim being a religion not a race so no racial issues here. The question is, if he grew so poor, where did the money come from. And it would be a good point for either candidate. If McCain grew up poor and went to Harvard, where did that money come from? Same thing.

And I just have to say, Crabby.......wrong side of the bed this morning or what? Wow!

I know I am knowledgeable enough to know "ALL THE AFRICAN AMERICAN PEOPLE" are not surpressed . If anyone knows anything about our country, they know that all African American people have the same freedoms as anyone else......there are both whites and blacks that have ben surpressed but those who want it better stand up on their own two feet and go after what they want and what they want to be. I
default_saludando.gif

I can not figure this all out by myself..Seriously..want to know how, why and who..Here it goes..

Obama was born a poor guy.according to his own words his mother was on foodstamps at One point..yet ..he is running for president..if all the african american people are so suppressed in this horrible country that you just cannot be proud off..how is it possible..apperently we give NO fonds to the poor..how did he afford Harvard..????

Well it really has not much to do with race and NO I am not baiting or stiring No pot..

Obama stands and believes that we need to help/ finance the now how do I say this best..you guys gonna find something..hmm..lower income class?? might work..yet he said he was lower class..and he worked his way up..so it is possible to do it IF you have the ambition..thats all..

it is possible to do it IF you have the ambition..thats all..
Yes.. I agree... "ambition" goes a long way..

And you would have to have GREAT ambition to want to be a politician.. no matter what side you are on..
default_smile.png
ML I agree..if you want something..go for it..and you can get it..depending on how much you want it...

Soo why does he say that the lower income class need help..financial help..from the top 5 percent of the country..(the rich) why would anybody want to break the ciycle and work to climb the ladder if things just being given to them..

We have a house about 500 feet from us..this guy is old now..he was in and out off jail..he was drinking all day..shot his gun in the air when my kids had to go by his house to go to the bus..he molested his daughter..anywho..never held a job..now his house looked horrid..so the county came in..got the whole thing redone..NEW siding..New roof, New aircondioning system..satellite..

I need a new roof..
default_sad.png
default_sad.png
who buys me One??

Well it really has not much to do with race
Well actually you brought race into this conversation more then once. In fact you started with it. You did not mention anything at all about ambition and what you can achieve if you posses it.You never said how much ambition Obama must have had to get through Harvard. You simply stated

..if all the african american people are so suppressed in this horrible country that you just cannot be proud off..how is it possible..apperently we give NO fonds to the poor..how did he afford Harvard..????

You then followed up with a comment once again bringing race into the conversation with

So it is possible to climb the ladder of success?? Even if you black, poor and suppressed?
and then

Well it really has not much to do with race and NO I am not baiting or stiring No pot..Obama stands and believes that we need to help/ finance the now how do I say this best..you guys gonna find something..hmm..lower income class??
Guess I am confused if this was your orginal intent as a question why mention African American, black, and poor at all? Surely you know the difference between lower income and African American.

Not sure where you are getting confused that race was brought up in this conversation? As you can clearly see it was not pulled out of a hat.

I do not think anyone will disagree that ambition and hard work can pay off and that many people just need to be shown that light at the end of the tunnel to get them motivated. We need to ensure the next generation is motivated by not only their own wants and dreams but on helping their community and not necessarily monetarily.

Now I know how Joe the plumber feels..all I did is ask a question..what I get is attack..forget it..No reasoning here..
default_no.gif

I don't recall Obama talking about lower class, all I hear is middle class and do you guys realize that in all 3 debates, the words "middle class" never once came out of McCains mouth. I do recall him referring to the normal person making more then $250,000 a yr. The man doesn't have a clue how people struggle in this country and his campaign is being run so dirty and it's getting worse, now the robo phone calls about his so called "ties" --- I guess it's true desparate people do desparate things.

I think we all know that any one can pick them selves up out of the mud and fight their way to the top if they want to, don't we? I don't get what you're getting at either, or maybe the terrerists groomed him from a child and paid his way and WOW, now after all these yrs, their man may be president, all their money is being paid back with a United States President in their pocket! That is what you're trying to get someone to say, isn't it? Maybe some of us just like Obama and his ideas and his running mate better, you think??

Joe the plummer is a joke, a set up, just something for McCain to rage on about and I"m not attacking you, Christine but all the crap put on here about Obama, it's time we get to the point, you wanted someone to come out with it and just say it so I did, yes, I think he is a terrerist that will be the doom of our country, I guess I'll vote for McCain, all the junk on here and the peoples badgering has convinced me, I may be a millionaire one day and I'll be so happy McCain is our president. Thanks for making me see the light.

I get what you are saying, but what is confusing is HOW you stated it. To me, you implied that Obama himself has stated that poor black americans are suppressed and cannot get ahead. He hasnt stated that to my knowledge and in his defense, I have heard him say more than once, that young black men need to stand up and be fathers, not just daddies. Bet that ticked a few men off. I think that as the system is now, some, young black people cannot get ahead. HOWEVER, I think that this is somewhat of their own doing. Well, maybe not they themselves, but their parents. If you are born, live and die on welfare, then that is all you know and unless someone teaches you different ( and you LISTEN to what they say) you can do a whole lot more.

Littlestepper,

I knew when I read this you would not get a reasonable answer. Just doesn't happen. Everyone is just believing what they want to no matter what side they are on. I think we have all made our decisions so lets let it go.
default_smile.png

I have received robo calls but nothing bad was said. And I believe the Democrats are also making robo calls. So let's let it go.
default_smile.png

If a person wants to believe Joe the plumber was set up, let them. It is only an opinion. I believe someone planted democrats in McCains rallies to yell out things to make McCain look bad. All in the way you look at it. Also McCain has repudiated every comment anyone made. He asked for a repudiation from Obama on the George Wallace thing. All Obama did was skirt around it. He did not apologize in any way, shape or form. He was not about to say a word in Johns defense. So everyone is being a butthead. Let's let it go. Whoever wins, wins. Nothing we can do about it. We will be stuck with it.

Some of us think McCain is the wisest choice because he has more experience, some of us think Obama is the wisest choice even if his will be on the job training in most cases. And we all know it will.

And as for McCain voting with Bush so much, have ANY of you looked up the issues he voted on. Or just going by what Obama says. "He voted with Bush 95% of the time." First you DO have to know what the vote was FOR. Do any of us? I doubt it. They have so much other crap in these bills, I doubt hardly anyone knows what they are. Maybe it was the right thing to do. You can't say until you look it up. Maybe Obama would have voted the same way, had he voted at all. My sincere feeling is that he doesn't vote so often is so he can simply say, "I didn't vote for it". In my opinion he also didn't vote AGAINST it. No vote means you really can't make up your mind which side of the fence you are on.

Okay all. Let's all love one another and have our own opinions . I can't say anyone was trying to shove anything on to anyone else. All debates that turned nasty. I admit I was in on it, but feel it is time to stop. Please?? No one is going to change my mind and I really don't expect to change yours. It is all just opinions and we don't agree. Love ya all.
default_wub.png

Well I don't feel like I tried to change anybodies mind..I will not go into the voting booth with anybody ..and I don't have my 380 yet..so nothing to worry about..I do feel however that if you ask any question it should be answered to best of anybodies ability without attacks or reading into things..

Thank you ML for your reply..I did check the web..but could not find anything about Obamas Mom second marriage as for her husband was weathy..do you remember where you got that info..?

Latest posts

Back