Okay, here goes.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RainSong

Reaction score
Most of you know things are pretty messed up on my end of things.

But I've got a plan, finally. I'm just... not sure if it's good. or right... or whatever.

I don't want Nathan raised by someone else, let me say that first. Daycare is fine two, maybe three days a week- but he's MY son, not theirs. He shouldn't be with them 8 hours a day for five days (or more!) a week.

Most of you also know, I don't have my diploma, or my driver's license. Well, I failed the Driver's test in January, but on the 22nd I try again, and I don't think I'll fail. My next step is to see about going to school for my GED. That has to wait till the school's daycare program has an opening for him, etc. So it may not be till fall or later. If it IS that long, I'll take online classes...

I'm also planning to do schooling to attempt to get a job with the state like my mother has. It's 2k a month, and the benefits are spectacular. I'm pondering doing schooling as well for Medical Transcription or Coding.

Even when I finish schooling for these I may not be able to get work right off- I don't expect it to take four years, and until Nathan is in school (Or jobs situations work out) I won't do full time. Part-time stuff can be hard to find. BUT I will HAVE the skills and the GED to be able to work once he IS in school.

I've been suffering pretty bad depression lately. The home situation, Dave being gone 3-4 weeks (this time 6!), not having enough money to even pay rent... it's all really getting to me. I know though, even if I do this- I'll waver. It'll be long, and it'll be hard, and the reward isn't anything tangible that I can really feel. But I'm still wondering if it's a good idea. If I should, really.

So there we go. I'm not trying to do anything big right now. Baby steps. I just want to maybe be able to have our own place- maybe even have a horse, or something, and not be stuck worrying all the time and all. I'm worn down and worn out, and plotting great things has become a habit of the past.

But it's a good plan, isn't it? I just need more then a couple people to talk to about it.

And wish me luck on my test on the 22nd, please!

Good for you! You have a plan and taking it one step at a time is the only way to do it. Good luck on everything. I'm sure you will be getting that license this time.

Having a plan is the number 1 thing to do.

So you are gonna pass that drivers test on Feb 22nd, First step accomplished, then go to the next..

If you are willing to work hard there is NO limit to what you can achieve..

Believe this and it will come true!!

Good Luck
default_biggrin.png

When it comes to furthering your education, you can never have enough.

Get your drivers license to begin with; that's important since you are alone with the baby so much

and totally go for that GED. You have a good plan and it's great to see you are setting goals. That's the way!

When it comes to furthering your education, you can never have enough.

Get your drivers license to begin with; that's important since you are alone with the baby so much

and totally go for that GED. You have a good plan and it's great to see you are setting goals. That's the way!
First step is that pesky license. I keep having to cut myself back, make sure I focus on one thing at a time.

I do have the paperwork to apply for financial aid and such, so I can start taking online classes whenever the school will let me. I just haven't yet taken the time to fill it out- I got sick a day or two after filling it out, and only yesterday did I feel mostly normal again!

Thanks guys. It's nothing spectacular- no "I'm gonna be a Dr!" but I don't think I can do spectacular anymore.

You are doing spectacular! Just planning and knowing that you need to take it in steps is a step in itself. Now on to the driver's license, all the while being a Mom to a great kid let alone all the other hats you are wearing. You are doing great!

Baby steps, Baby steps working toward your goals. I'm impressed. Obtaining a drivers license is obviously a great idea as a parent. Obtaining a GED is also a wonderful idea. Classes on line will leave you at home

with Nathan during the day when he needs you. But be prepared as it can also be distracting trying to

study and care for a child at the same time. Take pride in even your smallest accomplishments. Bit by bit you will get there. I don't know your home situation what I do know is that you have a willingness to

succeed. That alone is something to be proud of. I wish you the best in your goals. Keep us updated on

how it goes. I look forward to meeting you someday.

One of the hardest jobs in the world is raising children. It can be tedious, and you never know how well you are doing, it seems, til they are grown. It's tough! But oh-so-worth-it. And important.

Your plan sounds wonderful, I'm sure you can do it.
default_aktion033.gif
Just keep reminding yourself that while what you are doing may not SEEM spectacular, it truly is. Hang in there!!

Life isn't easy for ANY of us. . . I think people forget that sometimes. We all have challenges, they are all just different. Try not to be so hard on yourself (it sounds like you are being tough on yourself to me).

You've got a great plan and you're right, you just gotta take it one step at a time! Can't wait to hear the good news when you get your license!
default_wub.png

The universe gives back to us whatever we put out only it's magnified 10 times so i am sure you will do fine!

default_yes.gif

Bonnie

Ok, so now you have a plan, fine, stick it in the back of your mind and work on accomplishing and completing one thing at a time. First, your drivers license. Go for and do it
default_aktion033.gif
, then move to step two. If you look at the whole picture it can become too daunting, and seem unattainable. It isn't. You don't do everything at once. Take it one day at a time, just like everything else in life. You will do great!

Latest posts

Back