Ok question for your Pony people about

• Thread starter Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis
  • Start date
Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis

I am just curious to me and my untrained newbie eye when looking at horses on sites and in person there is usually a difference in the way the Moderns look and go compared to the Modern pleasures.. I know there is a difference or there wouldnt be two divisions
default_wacko.png
: BUT my question is

when discussing them would you just simply call them all Moderns... or are you specific about Modern and Modern pleasure?

Is it proper or not to lump them togther

Not sure if that makes sense but I guess my question is when looking to buy or sell and listing a horse or talking about it with someone do you simply say I have 5 moderns for sale or do you say I have 2 Moderns and 3 Modern pleasures

guess wondering what proper Modern etiquette was so as not to be outed as clueless from the beginning LOL
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited:
Lisa I always specify that Patches is Modern Pleasure. Because Modern is such a specific body type that patches doesnt at all meet I like to use Pleasure. Otherwise I get some pretty funny looks when I tell people shes "Modern"

Years ago when my friend tricked me into entering her in a Modern class we stuck out like a sore thumb as she is so not that type. I have to say though once I got done being embarrassed it was pretty funny. They were all standing at the rail laughing so hard they were about to fall down.
default_wacko.png
:

Most (not all!) modern pleasures look more like a classic pony in type, with more action. some like patches are on the tall side.

Remember like patches they have a B designation on their papers. Meaning she has a hackney outcross.

I call mine by each division they would be classified in, so yes, when I am doing ads I will have something listed as modern and some listed as modern pleasure. If I have one that is borderline it usually goes something like, he will show modern pleasure if you keep him barefoot with a short toe, but if you shoe him he will have to go modern! Confusing, I know....Right now I have a modern mare but she produces either pleasure or classic foals depending on the stallion bred too and I have a two year old modern pleasure filly. The two year old is B papered and does not have extreme action so I always refer to her as modern pleasure when someone sees her in the pasture. When you call modern breeders and are looking to buy you will have to ask either for a modern or a modern pleasure.

Thanks guys that is a huge help... dont want to start off with my foot in my mouth LOL

Remember like patches they have a B designation on their papers. Meaning she has a hackney outcross.
Some, but not all! Willowlawn's Mr. Unique is Modern (he's one of those like Leah described - showed Modern if shod up and Modern Pleasure if not) and he is also A papered and Foundation Certified. Leah's Rock "E" son is Modern Pleasure and also A papered and Foundation Certified. An A papered pony can show in whatever division it is best suited for - Classic, Modern Pleasure or Modern.

Latest posts

Back