OK - I've had it

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacy Score

Reaction score
Yep, the soggy Northwest is now a sheet of 1-2" thick ice - with snow up to 15" on top of it - just great (NOT!) :new_shocked:

It took 4 hours for me to get home last night and that was pretty good from what I have heard - some people were stranded all night and still haven't made it home.

Our area is very hilly, with lots of winding road and trees that keep the sun (yah, when there is sun) from getting to them to clear off the ice - so I am home today - keeping the water running and breaking ice out of buckets for the horses that wanted to go out.

On the flip side, it is really, really pretty and the horses and dogs just love to play in it - but at temps that are close to 10 degrees they can't stay out long!

So all of you with your sunny November weather that is in the 50-60-70 degree range, please send us some of your warmth to help with this nasty ice! :aktion033:

Thanks everyone!

Stac

We saw that on the news this morning, looks like you guys got hit big time! (we always pay attention to the weather out in BC and the west coast, my hubby is from Vernon) While I sympathize, I am enjoying our unusual reprieve from all that. Don't suppose that will last long though!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
And I hear you are sending it our way and darn it is cold enough here! I am always surprised to see how well these little guys handle it. Our daytime temp has only been like 15. Of course we are more acclimated to this than you people in the Northwest....at least we see the sun!
default_yes.gif
: Mary

Yep, the soggy Northwest is now a sheet of 1-2" thick ice - with snow up to 15" on top of it - just great (NOT!) :new_shocked:

It took 4 hours for me to get home last night and that was pretty good from what I have heard - some people were stranded all night and still haven't made it home.

Our area is very hilly, with lots of winding road and trees that keep the sun (yah, when there is sun) from getting to them to clear off the ice - so I am home today - keeping the water running and breaking ice out of buckets for the horses that wanted to go out.

On the flip side, it is really, really pretty and the horses and dogs just love to play in it - but at temps that are close to 10 degrees they can't stay out long!

So all of you with your sunny November weather that is in the 50-60-70 degree range, please send us some of your warmth to help with this nasty ice! :aktion033:

Thanks everyone!

Stac

Hey Stacy

We're expecting a real blizzard Thursday. The weather guy has been warning us all week to get ready. It's supposed to drop down into the 50's. Maybe even into the 30's at night.

Time for another visit here?

Gee Stacy, so sorry to hear that. So I guess you don't want to hear about our mid 60's and sunny weather, eh?
default_wink.png
:

But Stacy... think of all those beautiful Mini and dog photos of them playing in the snow!!

I love it, myself. We don't get enough snow around here, though I'm sorry for all the distress it's causing.

People don't know any better than to slow down.

I know our friend that drives a tow truck hasn't slept in over 48 hours, and probably hasn't really stopped to eat or drink much more than what he can grab on the run (and he's still supposed to be resting from the accident last month!).

People just can't get that they need to slow down to half the speed limit in most cases and sometimes less.

I can't imagine, Stacy, driving those roads to your place in the conditions you're describing. Glad you are home and safe w/your fuzzies.

Ours are pretty happy and excited. Gramma is not overly impressed though she did take a powedery snow-bath when she first went out yesterday and today.
default_smile.png
She sends her love.

Liz

:saludando: Sorry about all that nasty weather. Lived in cold country most of my life. Can't hack it anymore. Here in South Florida its 80 right now! I'll take that any day!
default_wub.png
:

Just think... the minis and the dogs are enjoying themselves!!! That must be a site... Here in Wisconsin... it's raining and 50.
default_yes.gif
: I can't believe we didn't get any snow durring deer opener on November 18th! I'm not looking forward to the cold and the snow.... :no: Please, don't send it this way... I'll share our warm weather with you though.

It's currently -23 C here not including windchill. We keep the house at +22 C, so it's a shock to go outside.

And yet, the dogs are still out playing in it. I never said they were bright.
default_smile.png

Our winters here don't really start until after Christmas.

We had a little misty drizzle today all day. Was about 65 degrees. I got hot in my sweat shirt doing chores and just had on my tee shirt. I have my gravel roads to the fields and in the barn yard in place so I can walk anywhere I want to and go out wearing some serious Gucci 4" heels if I had any and not get a bit of dirt or mud on them. My barn insullation is working wonderfully. Warm and cozy in the winter and nice and cool in the summer. I have a couple of windows open in the house to air it out..........it's stuffy in here.

I just know the bottom is going to fall out eventually and I'll be griping like crazy!

BarnChristmas2.jpg

Back