OH MY GOSH, MONSTER FOREST FIRE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am praying for your safety!

Tanya-

Hope things are looking better by now. I just saw this as I've been out in the barn with my filly who is not doing as well as she was, so consequently saw no TV or internet.

Prayers for you, Lee, your 4-leggeds and all your neighbors.

Barbie

Thanks so much all of you! Your prayers were heard. Thank you so much! The winds kept it going toward the river, where we hope it will burn itself out. The command center it still active and the shelter at the church has a full house for the evening with Red Cross assisting with food and provisions. Everyone has been so wonderful, just like when the tornadoes hit us last year. Also, the local sheriffs, forestry and fire departments and surrounding fire departments all came together and so far are gaining containment well. Thank you all, with all our hearts! Last report NO HOMES were lost, PRAISE GOD! Prayerfully, all the families currently bunking at the church shelter will get to go home sometime tomorrow. Lord willing, the winds will continue to cooperate where they can fully distinguish or keep it towards the river where it has no where else to go.

I cannot thank you all enough for all your prayerful support, you have my whole heart completely in my throat in gratitude to all of you! God bless you all! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Ok, I really need to go lay down for the night. I'm totally beat!

Warmest love & appreciations,

Tanya, Lee and all our hometown neighbors

PS. Please pray for RAIN? We need it DESPERATELY!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sooo glad to hear you all are Ok. Thank the Lord the fire missed your area.

Sending prayers for a good rain and for your continued safety.

I hope you are getting some rest now and will get to read our Prayers in the morning with all the fires out or controlled. We are very dry here in Daytona area without rain for many months. I had the guys leave the building of the stalls alone today and put them to work mowing the pastures of all the dry grass and weeds. The ground is so dry it crunches when you walk on it. We had fires in our area in years passed so I know almost how scarred you were but at those times I did not have my minis. We will Pray for much needed rain and for you all to be safe and at peace. FLFlyingW

I hope all goes well for you and it burns itself out! I was on pins and needles last year just like you. Had a huge fire just 20 miles south of my house in the middle of summer. Burned so many acres so fast and the wind was horrible! Had the truck loaded and ready to go. Just needed the horses and we were out. Thank goodness they got it under control!

I hope everything works out for you!

Thanks for that WONDERFUL update Tanya!! I am so happy to hear you are all safe there!
default_aktion033.gif

Oh wow Tanya, I wasnt home tonight. Just saw on the news it was Paisley and got online. How scarey and awful for u all!! Thank God the wind shifted it away. That sure was another close one.

EVERYONE PLEASE PRAY FOR RAIN HERE IN FLORIDA, WE NEED IT SO VERY BADLY!!!

THANKS, JEN

Sorry to hear about the fire
default_no.gif
Definitely praying for rain for you. I don't know what I would do in a case like that as I have alot more horses than one trailer would hold. I would be crying nonstop if I couldn't put them all in.

I hope your night is TOTALLY uneventful and quiet.
default_yes.gif

God Bless!

Watched the weather forecast this morning, saw that rain is expected in the Southeast, mostly in Florida! Praying that it'll come your way and do you good!
default_yes.gif

Thank goodness. I thought of you all last night and am relieved to hear you got a bit of relief from the immediate risk of the fire at least. I do hope it continues on toward the river and eventual control. A bit of the torrential rains we've been getting would be just the ticket for your area now.

So glad to hear the good news of your update, Tanya!

Yes, anyone who would, please DO pray for rain for all of us around the country who are suffering drought conditions....New Mexico has already had a BUNCH of fires this year(too early for the 'normal' fire season--the most recent one burned 59 homes--and this in a rural, but forested area, in the Manzano Mountains, not far south and east of here.) Virtually the entire state is TINDER dry.

Hope the fire burns itself out, and eveyone is able to resume their lives!

Margo

Hello,

I am deeply touched by all your continued encouragement and prayerful support. THANK YOU SO MUCH! You all are so wonderful!
default_wub.png

I spent the morning at the homes of a couple elderly folks up the road from us here. We are thankfully still out of any eminent danger, but they are still very unnerved, and I just hope what little I could do in hopes to offer comfort to them somehow helped to ease their minds and hearts. I'm home now for a bit of a break for rest myself.
default_wacko.png

Last report, the fire is still raging, only 20% contained. The strategy at this point is to bank around it's outer perimeters in hope to gain the containment ratio. Once they have it better contained, then they will resume to actually fighting it again to distinguish. In the mean time, YAYYYYY, the rain is "HOPEFULLY" on it's way! We've had spirradic sprinkles throughout the morning, but we NEED an actual downpour. Hopefully, the clouds will lower and open up for us soon. I'm almost afraid to ask for downpours anymore, LOL. Seems "feast or famine" with stuff like that,
default_unsure.png
but at the current moment, we do need it.

Well, I need to go grab a bite and hoping for a quick little "nap". My face is fighting me awful fierce today...hoping a nap will calm it at least some.

EDITED TO ADD: Also, last report, those who were evacuated are still being held at the shelter until they can gain better containment of the fire. Your contined prayerful support is deeply appreciated for them as well. {{{WARMESTHUGSTOYOUALL!!!}}}

Well, it's actually RAINING all across Central Florida! So hopefully you will not have anymore problems Tanya. I can actually see the grass getting greener!

NEW REPORT: Ok, the helicopters and airplanes are back over the top of us again, spraying more and dunking water from our lake. I don't know if this means they've lost control again, or if the containment ration miraculously (sp?) went up so high that they could resume the actual battle of the blazes. Either way, just having them all over top of us again has raised concerns again. My phones ringing...neighbors calling...I'm trying to keep them calm. I guess I will just go back over and set with them a while longer.

Looking to be another very long day.
default_wacko.png
The forestry dept. and fireman are doing their best, I know, and I'm sure they must be overly exhausted too. God bless them!

default_aktion033.gif
I see very dark and lowered clouds FULL OF RAIN just north of us!
default_risa8.gif
Coming over from the Marion County line.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
It just needs to drift a tad further southwardly to be over top of us, I hope it makes it way down to us, it looks to be a HUGE LOAD OF RAIN! PRAISE GOD! BRING IT ON!
default_aktion033.gif

ADDING: OH MY GOSH! The winds have shifted and the clouds are heading DUE SOUTH!!!!

THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!! THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER!!!!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

It's not here just yet, but IT's DEFINATELY COMING RIGHT AT US! GLORY BE, HALLELUJAH!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

NEW REPORT:

IT's HERE! IT's HERE!!! It's RAINING, IT's POURING, THE OLD MAN IS SNORING!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Not my neighbor...well, he might be soon, now that it's raining, hopefully he'll rest into an afternoon nap, LOL!
default_wub.png

It's actually coming from the south way west of us and going north easterly, as the winds have shifted again, but it's bringing THE MOTHERLOAD!!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back