OH MY GOSH, MONSTER FOREST FIRE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sending PRAYERS and a WHITE LIGHT BUBBLE around you and your's!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are able to log back in soon and let us know when you are ALL SAFE!

Hello,

Ok, I'm running around like a headless chicken right now, so this is brief and spirradic. WE ARE OK, so far. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I went out to where it's at, and saw for myself that it has NOT crossed 42 as first reported to me by my neighbor. THANK HEAVEN! However, it has grown from just 50 acres to (and I'm still getting mixed reports on this so don't know exactly for sure that the moment) well over 600, to possibly over 1000 acres. One station is reporting 600, another is reporting 1000, so I guess it's anywhere in between. Regardless though, over 90 homes in front of us has been mandatorily evacuated currently, with our neighboring communities all on standby alert.

So far it has NOT crossed SR 42, but they have it completely SHUT DOWN due to all the emergency assistance chaos and smoke wall.

So far, the winds have shifted back to northerly, and we are directly south of it, so THANK GOD the winds, for the moment, are keeping from us at the moment. It is, upon last report though, still 100% out of control, so it's still very unstable as to what to predict at the moment. So long as the winds DO NOT shift again, we ourselves will be OK. PLEASE KEEP PRAYING for all our neighbors in front of us though???

I finally got ahold of Lee, he is in Cape Canaveral with our friend who's visiting from Scotland these last 2 weeks. It was a bear of a chore getting my phone to work where I could get through to him so far away, but he's on his way home.

I have my horses all haltered, trailer hitched and I'm all set to load up and pull out if given notice. Hopefully hubby will be home soon too, pending if they'll let him through where we are shut off from on 42.

PLEASE KEEP PRAYING FOR ALL OUR NEIGHBORS???

NEW REPORT, though I'm not sure how reliable... "the winds have shifted again". Not sure which direction. The helicopters and airplanes are all flying right over the top of us now, dipping from our lake behind us to throw down.

I wish Lee would get home soon.

I am so sorry you guys are going thru this! We went thru this last year.
default_sad.png
Our farm is in north FL in Jasper, you are more than welcome to come here with your crew. SERIOUSLY you are all welcome we can make room. BE SAFE! Kari [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
another neighbor just called me, it has crossed 42 and is coming down my road RIGHT NOW! I have to go

Keeping you and your neighbors in my thoughts and prayers. Please stay safe!

Oh Tanya, sending prayers for you and your family and horses to be safe, and that the fire does NOT reach your home!!

Tanya,

You and your neighbors are in my prayers.

I hope we hear good news from you soon!!

Susan O.

Ok, I'm going bonkers! Getting very FRUSTRATED with my neighbors! I called the forestry department and they have confirmed that it still has NOT crossed 42. I know my neighbors are elderly up the road from me, but MY GOODNESS SAKES ALIVE ALREADY!!!! Had me shaking in my boots! LITERALLY! So far, we are still OK, the fire is still out of control but thankfully shiftted back away from us. My neighbors have all left, my whole road (only 5 homes on my road) is EMPTY, I need hubby HOME!

Hubby just called and is nearly home. THANK HEAVEN! I hope they let him through!!!! My back is shot, my face is KILLING ME, my left eyeball HURTS and has lost vision, my nerves are SHOT! LEE, PLEASE GET HOME???

Lee just called, they let him through and he's coming down our road now. THANK YOU LORD! He did say however, after coming through where the heart of it is, he feels we should still load back up (I was unloading everything already) just in case. Our road is the ONLY way out, if it gets blocked off, we are trapped in with nothing but acres of forest behind us. So I guess I'll go pack everything back in, and keep the horses haltered and ready to load back in. Oh man, I'm beat!

Please keep in prayers for our neighbors in front of us though, this fire has gone into over a 2mile stretch all along the front of us, and they will NOT be able to return to their homes tonight. Lord willing, they will soon though. Please keep praying for them?

I sure hope they get that fire under control SOON!!! I would be past insane by now!! Don't wait to long to get out!!

How horribly frightning! All of you and the animals are in my prayers. I can feel your terror in your words.

We had that 2 years ago and were preparing to evacuate as people we didn't even know were on their way with trailers. Bless them. The wind shifted.

Praying for help & safety for the fire fighters.

Charlotte

Oh my gosh Tanya! Praying for you and all your neighbors! How scary!

oh no! Praying that all urns out well. I'e been there and I know how scary it is! Let us know when you are able how it all turns out. I'll keeping praying for you and your little ones!
default_pray.gif

God be with you, your family and animals, and your neighbors, Tanya! If you need to leave, don't hesitate-we want you whole and safe!

Sending prayers and strong positive thoughts and best wishes,

Margo

Wow, Tanya, you certainly are going through a crazy time today. I am praying for you and the others in the area.

Latest posts

Back