OH MY GOSH, MONSTER FOREST FIRE

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am SO happy for you that the rains have finally made it!!
default_aktion033.gif
Hope it rains long and hard!

NEW REPORT:

It's calmed down out here quite considerably over the last hour. The air crews are no longer overhead, nor can I even hear them beyond over the tree lines. I'm hoping that's a good thing. THe rains have dwindled back to just a sprinkle, but according to the weather reports there's another band heading our way, so hoping they make it over us again.

I left my neighbors homes, both were wearing SMILES this time, so I'm feeling they too have finally settled into somewhat of a comfort zone.

I've not heard any news yet, on if the families still in shelter were allowed back into their homes or not yet, but I'm hoping they will be soon.

I don't know how the fire itself is doing still, but as soon as I know more, I'll post an update on that as sson I can.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN, with all our hearts!
default_wub.png

Tanya I did'nt see your post here until just a while ago!!! I too want to send you many ((Huggsszz)) and prayers to you, your family, critters and neighbors. I cannot even begin to imagine how horribly scarey something of this magnitude must feel like. Stay safe and bless your heart for being their for your neighbors especially to lend them calm and encouragement. I hope the rains all douse the fires and that everyone is safe and sound.
default_pray.gif

Oh my gosh, will this roller coaster ride ever end? The forestry and fire air crews are back over top of us again. I guess this means the fire is still ongoing and they are still fighting. God bless them!

So far my neighbors haven't called again, I'm hoping they must be napping. I'll go check on them in a little while to make sure they are ok, but will give them time to rest while they can.

NEW REPORT:

Firstly, ALL the previously evacuated families are BACK HOME! Thankfully!
default_aktion033.gif

Secondly, the fire is still only 20% contained. The airplanes and helicopters are still over top of us taking water from our lake behind us and another about a 1/2 mile just west of us. The fireline has, however, changed direction away from the river, but still going northerly AWAY from danger to any homes. Just the forest itself is still at risk, which is sad in itself, especially to all the forest animals out here. But, thankfully, the PEOPLE of our town are at least considered SAFE, so long as the wind direction sustains.

Continued prayers are still very much needed, for the enduring strength and diligence of the forestry and fire crews still at this full force. As well as for MORE RAIN that is still very much needed. And for the wind direction to keep it at least AWAY from families and homes....and for all the forest animals still in evident immediate danger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, for the first time since all this started yesterday afternoon, just over the last hour the air is VERY THICK with smoke, seaping through the walls of our house...seems like it anyways. Lee and David (our house guest) are going up there now, to see if the winds are bringing it back toward us.

My prayers are going out to you, your family and your animals,

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Tanya and family, you have all my prayers Sis that the fires are contained soon before they do more damage...{{{BIG HUGS}}}
default_pray.gif

Love,

Jenny
default_wub.png

In the comical spirit of an old episode of the TV comedy "Friends"...when Monica has the very badly frizzed out hair...

default_unsure.png
Um... "IT's THE HUMIDITY". :DOH!

Lee just came back and said THANKFULLY all the emergency personnel have all departed from the command center, and NO FIRES are seen anywhere. The smoke filled air is because it is so incredibly HUMID out that it is keeping the smoke packed down on us. However, this too, is slowly lifting.
default_aktion033.gif

I think we are finally in a place with it all, where we can safely say, IT'S OVER!
default_aktion033.gif
THANK YOU all so much for bearing with us through it all, and THANK YOU WITH ALL MY HEART for all your endearing encouragement and prayerful support.

YOU ALL HAVE MY WHOLE HEART DEEPLY BEHOLDING!!!!
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back