OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valerie

Reaction score
Yep, I was lucky enough to be invited by a friend and we got to sit in a Suite (oh man, could I get used to that) and I have to say it was one of the BEST concerts if not the best concert I have ever had the privilege of attending.

Sir EJ, put on a 3 hour concert, no intermissions and man what an outstanding performance it was!! Old stuff and some new stuff, songs to get you on your feet & dancing!! I told my friend, if I never get to go to another concert, I will be ok, this couldn't have been any better! (Oh, ok except the younger couple sitting next to me never clapped or did standing ovations or stood up & danced, or even swayed to the music, I kept thinking what a waste, people that enjoy EJ should have been in those seats, it was kinda odd) I think they were given the tickets as well, but I was just very surprised that one doesn't automatically feel the need to get up & dance to "Crocodile Rock"., but that is just me maybe? :bgrin

After every song, EJ got up from the piano & bowed to the audience and he would say thank you & point to different areas of the arena. Then he went & got a drink of something dark, and then went right back to the piano, to go into yet another fantastic song.

Towards the end of the 3 hours, he did something I have never seen any performer do, he left the stage & came back up on stage & went around the whole front of the stage & signed anything anyone asked him to sign (in the meantime his band was back changing) and when he was done doing autographs he went right back to the piano & the band was back & they rocked the house with 3 more oldies but goodies!!!

This was his 2nd night in Seattle and I have to say, the guy was the ultimate! I would have been happy in any seat, being in a suite only added to the experience, it was like nothing I have ever been too. We had food (too bad we ate dinner before we got there) and sodas and waters and desserts! Unreal!

Anyway, I have always been a fan of EJ's and I am soooo happy I got to see him in concert and if anyone gets the chance to see him perform live, it is sooooo worth it. I can honestly say he sounds just as good in person as he does on CD and not all performers live up to that!

Ok, enough of me going on and on about it. I am paying for my late night out, got home after 1 am and am fighting a "fall cold" but all in all, it was soooooo worth it and I can now say I have seen Sir Elton John in concert!!

Thanks for letting me share my experience. :bgrin

Oohh...man, you are soooo lucky!! I love Elton!! I have seen him in concert 3 times before and he is going to be here in Portland tonight and I REALLY wanted to go, but....I am getting ready to move next weekend and just couldnt pluck down $$ for this concert!! Wahhhh.......

He really does put on an awesome show!!
default_yes.gif
:

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!!! My hubby and I went to an Elton John AND Billy Joel concert a couple of years ago and it was THE BEST concert we ever went to. Started at 7pm and they both played a few songs together, then Billy Joel did a set, then EJ came back on and they did a few more together, then Billy Joel left and Elton John did a huge set. Then Billy Joel came back on and they ended together. We were SHOCKED to look at our watch at the end and it was 11:30 PM!!!! Four and a half hours just went by like nothing!! I thought the tickets were expensive at something like $79 a piece for not even the greatest seats, but once the concert got going I thought that was a BARGAIN!!

I can't imagine sitting like there like that couple not even moved by those great songs. They must have been having a spat or something. Sheesh. Party poopers to say the least!!

I'm so glad you got to be in a suite and have such a good time. I think everybody needs to see Elton John in concert sometime!!

Jayne

I saw him and Billy Joel about 12 years ago, and it was so awesome! :aktion033: EJ came out of the ceiling on his baby grand, singing candle in the wind. He was sooo awesome! Glad you had fun, those box seats sound like they were super.

every concert I have gone to lately (4 this summer) a LOT of people sit and look like they are not having any fun. No clapping, yelling dancing or even a smile? :new_shocked: When I pay good $$ to go to a concert, I want to be entertained! :aktion033:

thanks for sharing your fun time with us!

I was there on Friday and it was fab!!! He has soooo many great songs, there were some he couldn't play even with the loooooooonnnnnnng set!

The only BAD part for me was that the DANG SEATTLE TRAFFIC caused us to be 20 minutes late for the show and we missed Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding and Benny and the Jets!!!!!!! OH WERE WE MAD sitting there in traffic...sitting and sitting.

OH YES we were up shaking our booties to Croc Rock, Saturday Nights all right for Fighting, and The Bitch is Back! Wooooooo, so sore throat all day yesterday too from all the hollerin! Good times! :bgrin :aktion033:

:aktion033: Elton John was my first concert after my divorce years ago. His I'm Still Standing was my come back song from the divorce. Been to a lot of concerts before and since but that one still stands out in my mind.

Latest posts

Back