officially need help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi alicia

i still havent heard back from you but i do know that tony said he would take the horses in. CMHR cannot go in and get them though. I have been told that only homeowners are allowed back into the areas hit by Rita. Please let me know if you get them moved to tonys place

I thought yesterday that the horses were coming here today. However, today I have heard nothing, so I must assume that something was found closer. If they still need to come here, call my cell 512 576-5903 or my home, where my wife will be until Friday, 512 295-4575. The man that works for me knows that they may show up and will take care of it, if they do.

I hope to get away in the morning for the World Show, but the way that things have been going today, it may be late in the day. We are trying to get all the paperwork done on sixteen horses going to The Netherlands a day after I get back and I worked on that over four hours today.

Tony

Thank you so much for trying to help!!! I still have never heard back from alicia so I dont know what is going on.

Alicia pls if your reading this call me. This morning they are still saying they will not allow anyone in Beaumont texas unless you live there and have a compelling reason to go back in. I feel sure if you tell them you have to get horses out they will let you in.

Kay

Wow... Im a new poster on this forum but I would just like to wish you the best. I am from Australia, so unfortunately physical help is out of the question, however I will offer everyone in need moral support. Good luck and positive vibes coming your way.

Hi everyone,

we went home on Wed. Or Tues, I am not sure. The horses are ok, some a bit banged up, but all alive and well. They had dropped weight with no feed in 7 days, but are already looking better on 1/2 rations.

We were unable to coordinate getting them out, so we will live in Houston on the weekends, and home on weekdays til power is back up. We do have water, and feed stores are slowly coming open. We are thankful for all the thought and prayers. Now just to get the trees off all of our fences. Yes, they hit all fences. I will post pictures, when I get them downloaded here. We have gotten no assistance from FEMA, although we registered the day after the storm, and the insurance company is not returning calls either. Sean still has a job, I am not sure about mine.

We are thankful to be here, and the miralce through it all are the tiny baby kittens we found when we got home. OUr home has some damage,and the barn had half of a wall torn off. We are so blessed it was not more. Thanks everyone for your efforts. I will just have to patch fences as we get trees off of them.

Alicia,

So good to hear from you! I'm glad that your horses are ok. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Take care and God Bless!

wwmhf said:
Ann, I appreciate your encouraging words. Yes, I prayed for you , and now myself.

With that said,I need a rescue mission. My house is apparently standing. My horses status is uknown. No water is available. Mary Breckling is trying to headup a rescue for my horses, if they are even alive. I understand my property has substantial damage. We may have to stay out as long as 30 days, or as little as a few.

My horses are without feed. I do have a few very hard keepers.

There are 25 horses there, including a mini donkey, and 2 Quarterhorses. I may be over reacting , but, since I am not there, I do not know.

I am pretty sure the barn is gone. I think my horse trailer should be there, and it is a large stock trailer.

I hate to ask for help without really knowing what happened to my horses, but, If they are there, I hope they are ok.

Also, Carlene Fontenot is located in Orange, on Hudnall. She had like 7 horses there. She is also out of touch.

I also have a house cat, and a border collie.

I would appreciate any help you can give, and LSER may have to be involved. I have one of their foster horses at my place/.

thank you, alicia, sean and Savannah.

472790[/snapback]

/quote]

Alecia,

I have some friends that headed down to the hurricane area...not sure exactly where, but they are Horse/animal people.. Berk & Jim would give their right arm to help/save you and yours...here is their email addy...as I said, I'm not excatly sure where they are, they emailed me pics from their last trip, and were headed back to help more, bringing food, water, and essentials ...they could at the very least put you in touch with someone to perhaps [email protected] bless and good luck, my heart goes out to you and yours. let me know if you don't hear from them....i may be able to raise them via phone!

Thanks for all the input. We are going to be fine. Feed stores are opening up on generators, so feed is now available. Now, to get the trees hauled off, and get life back to normal. Thanks for all the prayers, that is what has gotten all of us in southeast texas through. All farms are now accounted for. ( at least I think so)

Oh Alicia, I'm SO glad you're back home! Hearing that all your horses made it is the best news! I know you have a lot of work ahead of you. {{{hugs}}}

Deanna is doing fine. The horses are ok, too. We have e-mailed back and forth through this whole ordeal. We are all ready to get back to normal.

Latest posts

Back