OFFICAL "weigh in" thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Frosty. No, I have no intentions of gaining it all back, for sure not! I HATE looking back at old photos of me. It's wierd, because as you are losijg, you don;t see it, but now looking back 5 years, and trying to find a picture of my husband and I together, all I could find were pics where I looked so horrible...it was depressing me trying to find one, and I gave up looking. No wonder I felt so depressed and wirhdrawn, not wanting to be seen in public when I was heavier...I can;t even stand to see myself that way anymore!
default_sad.png

I totally agree Mona, I have no intentions of going back either. There are so few photos of me around because for so many years I hated having my picture taken and then look at it later and see how large I was. It was only the draw of having my photo to show someone my driving carts, that had me letting someone photograph me earlier this year. It was those same photos and looking at my big butt in my cart that made me decide I had to do something right away. geeze, nothing like a photo shot from the rear to make you say... AAAAHHHHH I need to go on a diet.

That and squeezing into some of those cold weather gear clothing like Under armor and looking like a huge bloated sausage.
default_new_rofl.gif
If I had photos of that, I would post them on the fridge. LOL

I am not going back, nope. Don't let friends and family influence you to eat too much when you go out, but if you do splurge, you can always get right back on track... Let the day slide, take your extra points, take an extra long walk... you can restart at any time. Just don't ever give up...

. My husband was frustrated by my will power and said "so you can't eat it just this once?', Nope I say, no can do. It is so much easier to gain than lose, it wouldn't take much to tip back the other direction... I may have ups and downs in the future, but now that I know what it takes to lose it, I want to stay motivated to keep it off. Exercise makes you lose faster, but the beauty of Weight watchers is that you do not have to exercise to lose it if you follow the plan. It is like changing your life. I always wondered about those people that seemed naturally thin. I bet if we polled what they ate, you would find that they naturally had good eating habits.

For those people that eat cake and cookies and stay thin...
default_shutup.gif
Adair

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep a photo of the REALLY FAT ME on the fridge.It reminds me what can happen when I get sloppy.I look at it and think that I don't ever want to be there again.I will always have to struggle with my weight until I die.I really like the sweet stuff and it is such a challenge.At least now there are some better alternatives in lower fat&lower sugar stuff.I weigh my self everyday or I go up.I am now within 5 pounds of my lowest since before pregnancy and my first child will be 50 in December.My goal is to get to 150-155 by New years Day.If I go to the gym 2 or 3 times weekly it helps my knees and my weight.I eat very differently than I used to.I just make different choices most of the time and try my best to stay away from the Dairy Queen and those chocolate blizzards.Summertime and lots of fresh fruits and veggies helps lots.

Bevann, that is wonderful for you to be so close to where you want to be, and yes, I sound an awful lot like you in my likes for food...sweets, snacks etc. And yes, summer is so much better as there is a larger variety of fruits available. Winters get pretty boring! I agree, this is definitely going to be a life-long struggle to keep the weight off. It's just too easy to fall back into the "same old".
default_yes.gif
Keep up the GREAT work!!
default_aktion033.gif

Went to the gym again today and ate healthy so far.going to get some fruit&watch Big Brother.I still have 25 or more lbs to lose, but I can do it -1 lb gone at a time.I always said in the race between the turtle and the hare-I have always been the turtle.I just keep plugging away slowly, but I eentually get there.I have a pair of size 12 pants that I bought on sale.My goal is to get my not so fat butt in them.I can do this.then I need to win the lottery or Publishers clearing House so I can have plastic surgery and my tummy tuck.My friend from elementary school had it done and she looks great and we are both over 70.

I wanted to encourage everyone and share. For two days now my weight has been at my wedding weight--26.5 years ago. About five years ago, when both kids were headed to college, I decided it was time to lose the baby weight. I was 20 lbs heavier and not comfortable with that. I joined WW and lost 17 lbs in two months. A bit crept back on--about 5-7 lbs. I promised myself that in my 50s I would get it back to the 130s and never leave. I'm 51 now. I haven't seen the 140s since the end of June, and now I'm at 134.5. My goal is 132, but most importantly my goal is to never reach 140 again. Feels good.

I strongly suggest WW. I have pizza (I make it) and ice cream and even chocolate covered pretzels now and then. I eat out at Subway and have grilled veggie Panini sandwiched at another restaurant. I don't feel I've given anything up and even last night I was drinking a smoothie with a yogurt, two bananas, a cup of frozen blueberries, and a tbsp of peanut butter at 8:00 because I had more points to use.

I haven't been to a WW meeting for five years--but when I stick to their points, it works. My daughter-in-law has lost over 70 lbs so far. She attends meetings and is on-line. She is so happy and we are so proud of her. It took her three tries to be ready to stick to the plan. She and Justin have been married a year and she says she never wants to see her wedding weight again.
default_laugh.png

Think of weight loss as a gift to yourself. You're worth it.

Oh, please be careful, my Ex Sister-in-Law had a tummy tuck that went wrong, she got an infection and almost died. I would like to look better but nothing is worth what she went through. I shutter when ever I hear of someone thinking of surgery. I hope you win Lottery, but chose not to have surgery
rolleyes.gif
I sure hope someday we both get back into those size 12's !

Went to the gym again today and ate healthy so far.going to get some fruit&watch Big Brother.I still have 25 or more lbs to lose, but I can do it -1 lb gone at a time.I always said in the race between the turtle and the hare-I have always been the turtle.I just keep plugging away slowly, but I eentually get there.I have a pair of size 12 pants that I bought on sale.My goal is to get my not so fat butt in them.I can do this.then I need to win the lottery or Publishers clearing House so I can have plastic surgery and my tummy tuck.My friend from elementary school had it done and she looks great and we are both over 70.

I'm super disappointed this week. I gained 1lb.
no.gif
I was really good. I don't understand. I think I need weight watchers? I'm going to weigh again tomorrow since I did have a salty day ( had egg white's with salt, and got a little carried away with the salt) yesterday so I'm hoping it's a fluke. I'm so frustrated!!! It's so hard to be good all week then see NO results. I'm going to look into weight watchers today. I refuse to fail this time around.

don't worry Frostymeadows, 1 lb is not too much. It could well be the salt. I can fluctuate 1-2 lbs in a day depending on what I eat, and salt is a big factor. I am trying to live without it, I used to really love to salt my food and it was hard to give up. I do use pepper now to add flavor. You can eat corn on the cob and use those little laughing cow cheese triangles instead of butter and sprinkle with pepper and yum yum.

Do you track what you eat every day? Get a little book and write down everything you eat and drink, how much and if you salt or season it. You will see a trend and can adjust accordingly. I weigh daily and keep a food diary for tracking. It REALLY helps. We can all be your buddy, having a buddy during your journey will increase your weight loss dramatically.

I weigh the same time of day so you can measure more accurately. 1 lb can be a glass of water and some salty ham and not really a reflection of loss or gain, so tracking what you eat whether on weight watchers or not really helps.

Weight watchers works but only if you follow it and not cheat outside of the extra points they give you for "overdraft protection".... Be honest with your points if you use ww, if you want to lose faster, use only the 29 points and don't dip into the extra points and eat more power foods and limit the carbs. THe cool part about weight watchers is that you can eat anything you want as long as you count it in. Cookies will cost you big points, but they don't tell you to deprive yourself and not have one... Depravation equals bounce back on the weight when you just go crazy from not letting yourself have your favorite foods.

Weight watchers is big money IMO, so a commitment to really wanting to follow it is needed. A friend of mine at work tried, but didn't lose any weight... she was not tracking her points either and was depriving herself of all kinds of favorite foods. She went off it and gained like crazy... Her doctor told he she was 100lbs over weight.
default_new_shocked.gif
She gave up. Don't give up, what ever you do..

THe weight loss on ww is slow, but steady and mounts up over time. You can use their e-tools on line on the computer, although I admit to only using the paper book, the little calculator for figuring out points, a pedometer for walking and their food scale which is terrific for tracking.

stay strong frosty meadows... don't get discouraged. we're all in this together, that's why we are posting to share.
default_wub.png

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. It's nice to know I'm not alone. I love cheese and try to be very careful about how much I allow myself, I'll have to try the laughing cow.

I love cheese too, Laughing cow makes little soft cheese triangles for a point a piece. Pick the light variaty, the swiss is delicious. Comes in a little circular carton and the wedges are individually wrapped in foil. I also recommend mini-baybell cheese light, little circles of cheese, you peel off the wax and slice yum. Really good, one point per little cheese. The laughing cow and mini cheese I found in the "special cheeses" section of the grocery store.

I also recommend eating egg whites. Not the yucky egg beaters, they now have pasturized eggwhites in a carton and they are terrific. Spread the laughing cow on top and you can eat a big pile of cheesy eggs for two points, really fills you up.

Take care and stay strong! Adair We are all in this together
default_aktion033.gif

Well I FINALLY had a more decent week. I never did anything to lose, but I did, so I'm happy! I just spent more time outdoors puttering around, which in turn, kept me busy and away from the kitchen!
default_biggrin.png
I am down 4.5 pounds this week!
default_aktion033.gif

Wow that's awesome! 4.5 lbs!! That's like 4 weeks of work for me. I don't even want to weigh in this week
unsure.gif
I spent the weekend in the car driving to Nebraska and back and to pick up a new little horse. My eating habits were not stellar. I've got some catching up to do by Friday.

Congrats again on your loss!

Hey Frosty meadows, I hope you posted photos of your new horse...
default_wub.png

I too am afraid to weigh in this week. I am getting close to "goal" and so I splurged a couple of times. On my scale I look to be the same weight as last week, but tomorrow will tell if I can stay away from snacks and eat right tonight.

Mona, 4.5 lbs is AWESOME, way to go..
default_xbud.gif
You're doin it!
default_xreiter.gif

Hi Ladies
saludando.gif

Been a while since I posted. Was just reading the last couple of weeks worth of replies. You are all terrific! It is so great learning about your experiences and tips. You are my support group! And what is the reward for all these healthy changes I am trying to make my new life style?

These photos say it all.

My weight loss is getting slower, but I can tell a huge difference in my clothes. Here is a pic. taken today as I was leading my little stallion Chester down my road, with 2 kids leading my other geldings, Buck & Bit. The day I first posted on this thread in May, I could not fit into these shorts comfortably, and the T-shirt was way too tight to wear.

Now my shorts look like a skirt!!! Thanks to you ladies
wub.gif
and all your help
aktion033.gif
. Melinda (Gotta go clothes shopping!)

DSCN1663_2_2.JPG

DSCN1663_2.JPG

Way to Go, Melinda!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
You look so happy in the pictures. And, new clothes is often a moral booster.

Just remember if a size doesn't fit in one brand or style, try a different brand or style; its amazing how different the different styles and brands fit, even in the same size.

WOW Melinda, you look terrific! Thanks for posting the photos, your smile says it all. It is great to have loose clothes and feel better about yourself. You are an inspiration.
default_aktion033.gif

Your horses are cute too
default_wub.png

I played around with my points this past week just a tad. I am within 1.3 lbs of goal and was testing the waters too see where my points would start turning the other direction. I found it, had a 0.4 lb gain this week. First gain in 21 weeks, but needed it to see where I will be for maintenance. I am hoping to hit goal with in a week or two. and then I have to stay for 6 weeks plus or minus 2 lbs of that goal weight in order to hit lifetime for ww. I really wouldn't mind losing more than my goal but am trying to pick a realistic weight that isn't hard to maintain either. This is as heavy as I ever want to be so that is where I choose goal if that makes sense..

I did discover that I can not eat the extra 6 points they recommend for maintenance. I got plenty of exercise and didn't eat any of those exercise points and am not sure if it was just water or not since I moved about 3 ton of stone by myself the last few days. It also can be food choices I do remember pointing in and counting some bad food choices just because I wanted them and because I had some stress at work. I am a total stress eater. Gotta remember to not do that anymore. That is how my whole problem started to begin with, stress.... . This week ww encouraged us to pick one day and eat no meat, you can do veggie burgers, soy, etc, you can have eggs if you want. Just pick a day and try meatless. They have more than one category you can try, totally meat free, no fish or eggs, or no meat, but you can have milk and eggs. Sounded interesting, I am going to try it for at least a day. I did this a few times when I first started loosing and I remember losing more weight the weeks I went with the veggie burgers rather than the real thing.

Anyway... stay strong, be happy,
default_yes.gif
You all are awesome!!!!

WOW Melinda, CONGRATULATIONS!!! As for my weight loss, I did not "try" to do anythng. I don;t exercise at all anymore, not even walking since early Spring. The only exercise I get is whatever I putter around at here, and I am not as dedicated as the rest of you in the kitchen either. I have no idea why the loss, other than just being more active outside in the heat for a couple of days, so really thinking that is what did it. I am up some one week, down the next, then back up, so it is kind of normal for me, other than the amount. I have averaged about 2 pounds per week over the time I was actually trying to stay at a loss each week. I will just take it as a nice little bonus, and who knows, maybe next week I'll be UP that much!
default_yes.gif

Hi all, Love your pictures melinda! I can't wait for my clothes to be loose. I've only lost 5lbs but I swear my jeans feel a bit better already.

I too am going to start doing the meatless day (or two) each week.

I'm going to try to attach a pic of my new mini, we brought him home in our car.Rising Star in the car.jpg

Latest posts

Back