OFFICAL "weigh in" thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:arg! wow~~ this is hard work .... I didnt do good at all this week. In fact I gained 1 lb, but I know it was my fault. I went out to eat 2 times, and both times I had a dessert, plus, I snacked some over the weekend. Now, I need to really get back on track this week.

This was really one of those "one step forward, 2 steps back" kind of weeks for me! I GAINED 2 pounds this week, so after my 1.5 lb loss week one, I am now heavier than when I started!
default_wacko.png
BUT, I am not giving up. I was away from home for nearly a week and was hard to stay on the straight and narrow when eating "out" so much. Then to make things worse, I had been walking daily at home here, and never walked once while I was gone. Back to the swing of things today. Yes, I fell off, but I am getting back on!
default_yes.gif

It IS hard to keep on track...but I know you can get back on track! I think what we need to realize is real life doesnt stop because we are trying to lose weight. I think that it is possible to still go out to a restaurant...just choose a more healthy entree OR when you order, ask for it to be split in half with one half in a doggie bag, so you don't eat it! When I went fo my 1st appointment with the weight loss center I knew I'd never be able to stick with just their food and would end up gaining it back...I need to LEARN to eat healthy eating REAL food...and that includes eating out. Let's face it, we all love restaurants. It's part of our lives. So, don't feel bad for doing it. Plan your menu (or change it up afterwards) if you know you plan on going out.

High Protein....low calorie...low sugar...and don't worry too much about the fats. A lot of high protein food are high fat, BUT they are "healthy fats.

You CAN do it!!
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, another week, I lost 3 more lbs so am down to 181. that is on my scale. I know the doctors office will weigh more but at least I can keep a record. I am finding I am getting full faster so I am eating less. My clothes don't seem like they fit any looser so it may be alot of water loss right now.

everyone keep hanging in there and congrats on everything that you are doing.

Good job you guys!

Anyone else??? (BTW...anyone can join in anytime! It's not a "contest"...just a place to come and share your progress, goals, frustrations and LOSSES!
default_biggrin.png
)

I left my scale at school for a project we are doing in class, and now we are on Spring Break - so I'll have to weigh in next week!
default_saludando.gif

I have not been feeling the best for the past 4 days - so haven't eaten much, so that may help!
default_wink.png

Good luck everyone!

Barbara

Good job you guys! Anyone else??? (BTW...anyone can join in anytime! It's not a "contest"...just a place to come and share your progress, goals, frustrations and LOSSES!
default_biggrin.png
)
Hi LindaL, and all my weight watcher friends...
default_wink.png

Started because of High Blood Pressure.

Have lost 3 lbs. this week.. and been on fish oil pills.

My blood pressure was only 138/85 the best it has been in months...

Hope I can stay away from having the Dr. give me blood pressure pills.
default_no.gif

I forgot to post yesterday, I lost 1lb this week. I have been walking everyday too, Jazz and Pepper escaped from their paddock ans went galloping up the front field towards the road, luckily my neighbour was outside taking his snowfence down and turned them back. Meanwhile I went down the driveway to the road meaning to get behind them, my heart was pounding so the gist of all this is to say that I got an extra workout today
default_new_shocked.gif

Yvonne

Well, OK....I didn't do that great this past week....It started out pretty good, but Saturday night we went out with friends and I totally went off my "food plan" (including some really good drinks..lol)...then of course yesterday was Easter and I was not going to NOT eat my mom's baked ziti! lol (and there were lots of desserts sitting on the table all afternoon!
default_new_shocked.gif
So, when I weighed myself about Wednesday I had lost 2 more lbs since Monday, but when I weighed in this morning I had only lost 1 lb all week...It's OK...today I am back on track and will be good all week!
default_smile.png

well, day after easter, I weighed in this am at 180 so 1 lb lost. that is ok. my clothes actually feel looser and I am getting more energy back. good luck to everyone with their weigh ins.

The good news for me is I have gotten in more walking. I still am not walking four days a week but I am doing a solid three and have doubled the time. So I am satisfied with that. I think I have the routine set.

The bad news is I gained 1/2 pound. Rats!!

WHEW! After my big upset last weigh-in day, finding I had not only GAINED weight but weighed 1/2 more than I weighed when I started the diet, I am happy to report I have lost 4 pounds this week!! I am also going to pat my own back, because chocolate is a killer for me, and with it being Easter yesterday, and 3 little grandsons being here all day eating their chocolate bunnies we have them, I had nothing more than a smell of them!
default_thumbup.gif

Still walking my 2 miles a day, 7 days a week.

Still keeping on track, which is nice but have not been in to get my blood pressure checked at the pharmacy but feel good.

Lost another 2 lbs. Had a wonderful day with our Granddaughter Olivia yesterday, and she did share one little chocolate bite of her easter eggs. I could not say NO to her sweet little face.
default_wink.png

I was so sure with Easter just yesterday, and all the chocolate candy plus desserts..and we wont even mention that I just HAD to eat a little of everything..LOL.. I was so sure I would of gained most of the few pounds that I lost, but I DIDNT! I actually lost 1 pound, not alot but it sure is better then gaining. I dont walk, there are too many bears, coyotes, and wolves around us at this time of the year, but between the grandkids, poodles, and horses I sure do get my exercise.

Well, with Eaaster yesterday and we had ham for dinner. Ham always makes me retain water. I know that is not an excuse but I Was 186 last week and this week I am 189.
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
Now by next week I had better be 185 or I am having my mouth stiched shut.

Good job everyone!!!
default_cheers.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I just wanted to "take back" my original post from this morning...something must be wrong with my scale, cuz.........I have lost 8 lbs total so far (2 weeks)!!! I went for my weigh in at the weight loss center and that is what their scale said.....I'll take it!!
default_biggrin.png
My counselor also said I should start "halving" my BP meds (woohoo!) and should eventually be off them all together! I do however have to start on Metformen (Sp?) for my "pre-diabetes" but that also will be temporary...mostly I am taking it to "jumpstart" my insulin levels to a more normal range.

I've been doing a happy dance since I came home from the appt earlier!
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

I am having my mouth stiched shut.
This made me lol. I feel the same way about my weeks.

While in FL on vacation we stayed with family for a couple of days and my BIL makes a killer lobster alfredo and there's no way I could pass that up but for the rest of the time I tried to be good. I did gain a few pounds, got in a couple of good walks on the beach. We got back Saturday and on Sunday I walked 3 miles on the treadmill, stripped stalls and we didn't have an easter dinner, just burgers on the grill. Yesterday I had lost weight and also got in another 3 miles on the treadmill. Today I skipped the 3 miles but will do it tomorrow. The weight has been slowly coming off and hopefully I can keep it off.

Latest posts

Back