OFFICAL "weigh in" thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I did not do well in the walking I had planned, I did make a start at more exercise. I hope to really get in the swing of it as the temperature rises and the rains lessen. I did manage to loose a little over 4 pounds this past week. My goal is 11 more pounds and I'm hoping to take off 2 pounds a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I lost 5 lbs last week. to be truthful, not sure how. I had cut down on eating, especially at night after doing chores. yesterday, I worked outside all day, so probably burned off tons of calories. spring has come to wis and I couldn't be happier. all my tank heaters have been off all month. can't wait to see my barn electricity. should be wayyyyyyyyyy down. I will have extra money to buy some horsey things at the midwest horse fair. (LOL) good luck to everyone this week and congrats on one week being gone. should be easier now.

I lost 4 lbs this week. I did cut out was my horrible habit of sitting at the computer with a bag of candy. I also was eating a little bit more healthier food. Like Pondlake said, spring has started in WI so now I have been a little bit more active doing outside things that need to be done in spring. Ohhhh, and our huge yard is starting to look so nice..the grass is turning green, and no winter "furkids" poopy piles to clean up (I do try to keep up with that all winter..but its hard with 4 dogs!) Keep up the good work everyone, Congrats to all of you that lost weight this past week.

WTG Charley, PondlakeMinis and Meadowridge Farm!
default_488.gif

OK, so I feel like this week was such a waste for me *sigh* I had a hard time getting motivated (even after I psyched myself up with this thread). I am still trying to get 100% well (had pneumonia I found out) and just had other things on my mind, so needless to say....I gained 1.5 lbs this week....
default_frusty.gif
default_gaah.gif
default_doh.gif

On the upside...while I have been going to the Dr for other medical things, I found out that this office has a Medical Weight Loss program (Dr run) and I am going in this afternoon for a consult. I really feel like I need someone (at least at 1st) to tell me what to do....sad to say even tho I DO know what to do).

Losing weight is hard work....keeping it off is even harder work...

Good luck everyone!!
default_saludando.gif

Just trying to do healthier. Relaced my pot of coffee with water and juice. My afternoon candy bar at work is now an apple or banana with a bottled water. When off work am making dinner instead of a pizza. Coming down off of the caffene, sugar rushes feels better now. Lost 1 pound just from losing the junk foods.

Congrats to all!! Linda, do not beat yourself up,,,regroup a little and go forward!!

WOW...CONGRATULATIONS to everyone on your results thus far. Linda, don't give up....hopefully it will get easier. Although I would love to announce losses like the others here, I am not far behind you. I lost this week, but only a marginal 1.5 ponds, and had I not started walking again, I am sure I would have gained.

On the + side, I have been writing down EVERYTHING I have been eating, and am therefore becoming more aware of things. I have figured out my daily calorie needs and what I need to take in and still lose. I am SLOWLY becoming more interested, but I find I am actually looking at the label information for the first time in my life and looking up calories on the internet where needed for other things I am eating. The one thing I know I will have to get more serious about is watching fat content...is there a "magical" system? Like a % to watch for? I know everything says 2,% or 5% or 8% (or whatever), and then there is a thing that says you are allowed so many grams a fat a day...I really HATE to have to count grams of fat a day on top of my calories, so is there a safety number in the % number givenm that should keep a person within their limits?

Sorry I cannot write more...am pressed for time here as I am heading out for the day, then coming home and heading out until nearly the end of the month. I will be away so will miss my weigh-in for next week, so I am going to have to try extra hard to keep myself on a decent path...will be MANY hours of straight driving time and that is one of my problem areas (eating in the car while driving, and of course then it is pop and chips and chocolate bars!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_no.gif
)...but I will try!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Starting weight was 190. I weighed this morning and weighed 187. But then I have been sick.

So, I went to my consult on the Medical Weight Loss program. Their program is high protein/low calorie consisting of bars, shakes and soup....BUT, they also will work out a diet plan with you using what I call "real" food...and that is what I am opting for. 5-6 small meals a day each consisting of 16 grams of protein and 160 calories!
default_new_shocked.gif
(Less than 1000 calories/day). It would seem like you would "starve", but the protein helps you to feel full and not feel hunger like you would normally with a high carb/sugar diet.

So, off to the grocery store I go for my food!
default_biggrin.png

I have to ask....

Can I join?
default_unsure.png

I know some with think I've cheated... and in one way I have.

On October 1 2009 I weight in at 306lbs. (I am 6' tall and 'big boned')

On October 10 2009 I had gastric bypass.

After years of weight loss up and down, everything you can think of, the Doctors said it this or realize you are going to end up in a wheel chair or worse!

Today, Monday March 22 2010 I weight in at 209lbs.
default_wacko.png
I still cant believe the person I see in the mirror is me!

It has not been easy, it is not a 'quick fix'.

I have a lot of the same problems we all face.

I also have access to some wonderful support from the facility I had the surgery and I know it would help all of us!

Even if you have not had surgery but are working on the weight loss the 'old fashion way'

sooo can I play too?
default_unsure.png

Doobie....congrats on your current weightloss (Im sure that gastric bypass is not an "easy fix" either) and YES, you can join in!!
default_saludando.gif

My weigh-in day is Tuesday - so here I am! I had started in January and lost 10 pounds. But then fell off the wagon. Luckily I had only gained 2 of those pounds back when I weighed last week. Today I have lost those 2 pounds + 2 more for a total loss of 4 pounds this week! I'm very happy with that!

Good luck everyone!

Barbara

nada,zero,zilch..NOTHING :arg! ..didnt lose an ounce!

But thats ok, I'm a very patient person.

I did manage to get in at least 20 mins of exercising 5 days last week.
default_thumbup.gif

Congrats Barbara! WTG!
default_488.gif

Lynn....You did better than me!
default_wink.png
And at least you got exercise in...I didn't even do that...but today I start walking!
default_smile.png
Don't give up! We will both lose this week!
default_biggrin.png

:arg! :arg! went out to eat tonight, and the desserts were SOOOO good,not to mention the tenderloin tips and baked potato, which of course just wouldnt be a baked potato without all the butter, and sour cream...and then there was the huge dessert bar.
default_no.gif
I think I gained back 4 of the lbs I just lost...where is my will power when I need it???
default_no.gif
default_crybaby.gif
Oh I could just kick myself..anyone care too??
default_please.gif
default_gaah.gif
But, I did have only diet pepsi and coffee to drink with it.

After the surgery one of the big rules is to stay away from sugar.
default_unsure.png

But I know how hard it can be eating the same old same old day in and day out...
default_no.gif

Here is a yummy dip for your snack time apple that just needs a little something extra!
default_biggrin.png

Enjoy!!
default_wub.png

ps... I love it with Grannies, or Mac's, the best!!

Apple Dip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients

1 (8 ounce) package ⅓ less fat cream cheese

1 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated

¼ cup SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend

1 teaspoon vanilla

4 sliced apples

Directions

1.Combine all ingredients, except apples, in a large bowl, mixing with a hand mixer until smooth. Serve immediately or chill, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

2.Use sliced apples for dipping.

Nutrition Info (per serving)

Calories 140 | Calories from Fat 40 | Fat 4.5g (sat 3.0g) | Cholesterol 15mg | Sodium 130mg | Carbohydrates 21g | Fiber 2g | Sugars 18g | Protein 3g

Oh Id like to join!

I weigh 155 pounds, and would like to go back to 135. So 20 pounds! I have been trying to loose weight for months, but havent lost any!
default_sad.png

Your successes have inspired me!

Good luck everyone!

Can I still join, I have to loose weight the Doctor said or blood pressure pills.

Ok I need to loose 40lbs. but the Doctor said even 10 lbs. would help.. so I am in...

I did find that fish oil pills helps, with blood pressure, does anyone know if it is true or used them?

My blood pressure has been

Systolic 173 Diastolic 94

*******162*******100

So do need to get this down....

Good Luck to all...
default_wub.png

Boy, Monday came too soon and this week I snacked a little. So no weight loss this week and a gain of 1/2 pound
default_oops.gif
. I didn't do any better on the walking....I did walk two days but the weather got cold, windy, and wet and I wimped out.

Ok, hope I got that all out of my system. I'm getting back on track today for sure!

I LOST 4.5 LBS this week!!
default_risa8.gif
default_488.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
After last week's gain, I was not gonna let that happen again this week!
default_nono.gif
I also started the Medical Weight Loss plan, so that really helped me get going...went grocery shopping right after that so I could get all the "right" foods in the house. I did kind of slack a little towards the weekend, but not TOO bad...made as healthy of choices as I could at the restaurent....mostly (OK OK I had one slice of bread with a little honey butter on it....pfft!), but I really did try! As Dr Phil always says "Let's be honest"....LOL
default_rolleyes.gif

I only walked (1.6 miles) one day this past week, but the weather isn't great, so I tend to use that as an excuse....I really need to get out there more...I do enjoy walking...It is relaxing for me and helps me "think" (which could be a scary thing....just ask Deb....lmao!
default_laugh.png
)

Charley....It's OK...we all will go thru those periods when we lose alittle focus...like I did that 1st week. That was last week and this is a NEW week!
default_wink.png
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back