OFFICAL "weigh in" thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been "bumping" 2 lbs around all week...up, then down (I know it doesn't help to weigh yourself every day, but I do...lol) I ended up the same weight as last Monday this morning, so nothing lost...sigh! I've been basically at the same weight for 3-4 weeks now.

It is way too hot outside (even in the morning) to go out and walk and I just can not get motivated to exercise inside the house...I will do it for a day, but then quit...too boring!

I am a slacker...I need a "exercise buddy" to motivate me.

default_unsure.png
:unsure
default_unsure.png

Congrats on your losses!! It does keep me from quitting when I read about your progress. So, keep it up ladies!
default_aktion033.gif

I am down again this week
default_aktion033.gif
Thrilled at going the right direction. Linda, don't worry about the bounce up and down, stick with it and you will settle out. Go back to the food tracker and see if there is any relationship between food choices and the downs and food choices and the ups. I found that when I choose my 29 points out of more carbs (I am a carb addict)... then I stayed the same or bounced up. When I choose more power foods and limited my breads to one serving a day, I lost steadily.

The cool thing is that you don't have to stop and "exercise" put on a pedometer, record your steps and try to increase the number of steps you do in a 24 hour period. you can add steps by taking the long way to the bathroom, walk around the kitchen table while cooking, use the bathroom on the second floor. At work the bathroom down the hall is 400 steps back and forth, the one closer to my desk is only about 150 steps. Park your car out farther and walk, mow the lawn with a push mower...You get the gist. Quite a few people i know lost weight on this diet with no exercise program at all. It takes longer but still comes off if you change your eating habits and exercise portion control. Sometimes it is hard exercising when the weight is there, you simply don't feel like it. I do more now that I have lost some, as you lose you feel like moving around more. This diet I was told was designed for working with no exercise, but if you get up and get moving it will work faster, but don't feel guilty for not exercising, but be firm with the points and you will lose without working out in the heat.

Good luck ladies!! We are doing it, support is the key they told us today. They said that people that worked with a buddy lost 50% more weight, we are all forming a buddy system here on LB.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ladies! We are doing it together. Boy, does it make a difference having this group for encouragement.
aktion033.gif

I like all the tips about exercise. I am spending less time out side these days as well. The heat just takes the energy out of me. I have been losing steadily for a month now, tracking everything that I eat. I try not to use my extra points but leave them as a buffer in case I miss figure points on something. Really filling up on the power foods like fruits and veggies. Cooking more baked fish, more grilled shrimp, and of course, smoothies and popcorn for snacks. Trying to park further from my destinations too.

I made the roasted veggies recipe from WW booklet the other night.. They were delicious! This will become a family staple since they were eaten up with gusto.

My weight loss this week will not be correct if I put down what I weigh right now, so I will wait until I go to WW Thurs.

(I am having a colonoscopy tomorrow so today was clear liquids and really nasty bottles of gunk! My scales say I lost 3 lbs. today. I know they will be back by Thurs.)

Today was my wedding anniversary so we hope to go out to dinner Thursday night. We plan on going to Out Back Steak House so I will try to make decent choices and maybe one splurge.

Reading your struggles and successes are real inspirations for me. Thanks. Let's keep positive!!!
yes.gif

When you go out to eat, you can google the restaurant menu and plan out your meal before you go and when you know about how many points you will be eating, you can adjust and figure out the rest of your points for the day. Somebody shared a story at the ww meeting this week about going out to eat and ordering a salad. She found out when she got home that her salad cost 27 points! Don't think that salads are more healthy. She was flabergasted at the points, she said if she had choosen the hamburger it would have been less points. good luck this week ladies and for the holiday picnics you all will be going to.

Weight watchers just came out with a smaller size chocolate fudge ice cream bar that only costs 1 point per bar. They are terrific, they are good to give you a chocolate fix and they don't break the bank for your points.

Great idea to goggle restaurant. A couple of weeks ago, I went to Ruby Tuesdays for lunch. Thought the steamed veggies would be a good choice for my side dish. When I took the first and only bite, they tasted way too good. I called the waitress over and asked if they had butter on them. ( I had requested no butter). She said no. Then I asked how they were cooked. She went to the cook and found out that all their steamed veggies are prepared in butter and water. Even if you ask for no butter, they have already been cooked in it!!
no.gif
So I just had my plain salad with fork dipped in dressing with my small steak. They offered me a baked potato but I had had one the night before at home. Shared this at my WW meeting. Now I know to ask how the items are cooked, not just how they are described on the menu.

A lady at WW meeting shared that at some large chain restaurants like Out Back, the steamed veggies are already cooked, seasoned, and packaged in frozen serving size bags. They just pop them in the microwave like I do at home. It is sad to think that I pay more money to eat out and and get precooked packaged food.

On the up side, my colonoscopy went fine and I should be down some pounds at WW tonight.
yes.gif
Then on to dinner out with hubby Tom.

Thought I would share a pic that a visitor to our barn took last week. Lil'Bit and I doing our little jump course for exercise. Not sure how many activity points I get per jump. My pants are baggy !!! I have washed all my cotton pants in hot water to try to shrink them. Yea!!
aktion033.gif

Summer 2011 pt 1 080_2.jpg

Lookin good Melinda!

Glad your testing went ok too
default_wub.png

I haven't bought new clothes yet, but everything is so big. I know how that feels, love it. Have fun on your dinner outing!

Thanks Adair, When You do go out to by new clothes, have fun and enjoy it.

Just back from WW and dinner out. Lost more weight this week so I got my 5% goal star. 14 lbs. in just one month. Best part, I can feel the difference in how I feel. All together, 17 lbs. since my Dr. visit that got me motived to start doing something about my health. Thanks for all the help this month!
saludando.gif

I looked on line for Out Back's nutrition info. but had no luck finding it. I bought the dinning out book at the meeting tonight. It listed Out Back so I used it to make my selections . Very happy to say their steamed vegs were good, brought to me with out any butter. They were fresh, not frozen like some one told me they were. Had a small steak and splurged on the garlic mashed potatoes. We'll have dessert at home.... Smoothie time. Feels good, coming home and not feeling guilty about eating too much. I still have extra points left and the week is over for me. Start again fresh tomorrow.

I know I will hit those days where I will cave in, pig out or something, but it is nice to know that the next day really is a new beginning. Here is a motto I heard again tonight ladies. Know you have all heard it a hundred times at least. "Eat to live, not live to eat." Hard when you love food as much as I do. I am going to write it down and post it on my mirror to remind myself each day. And may be put something up lifting there too. Like, " I Love My Lil"Beginnings weigh-in supporters!"
thumbup.gif

Wow, Melinda, you are an inspiration... Congratulations on your weight loss and your 5%, you are doing it!!!

Look at the size of 3 bags of sugar and say to yourself, wow, I was wearing that!

You will get more and more energy as you lose more now, once you hit that 5% number it becomes easier. Easier to walk, to bend, pick up stuff and you will start to get even more motivated to stick with the plan. The farther along I got, the less the urge to pig out or wreck the plan. I found I wanted to be able to smile and cheer on the scale every week, a weekly goal and the increment rewards is such a cool way to stay motivated. I have so much will power now, I had none when I started, but getting the stars, hearing the stories, learning to live healthy... You will get POWER and control that you won't believe you ever had before, 5% is AWESOME.

Congratulations for surviving your outback dinner outing... You should be proud of yourself! I may try the eating out guide next meeting, I think it would be really helpful for me too.

Take care and have a great week!
default_aktion033.gif
Gotta love those smoothies for taking the edge off the sweet urge. I tried something different this week. I made my frozen smoothie from yogurt, bananas, frozen strawberries and frozen peaches. Then I took it out of the blender and mixed in some whole frozen raspberries. YUM YUM WOW it was terrific with the fruit chunks in it,

Hey everybody... Hoping you stay strong for the holiday tomorrow.
default_wub.png

I plan to contribute some choices I know I can eat to the picnic plan for tomorrow. wish me luck and good luck to all of you.

I have decided that potatochips are just not worth the points.
default_wacko.png

Lean meats done on the grill, yum yum yum,.

Hi Ladies... Happy 4th tomorrow.
saludando.gif

I just tried out a good recipe for dessert if you can be near a refrigerator. Over heard 2 gals at Weight Watchers talking about. it.

Use a 1 oz. box Fat free/Sugar free Pudding mix (I used Jello brand white chocolate), 1 -1/2 cups skim milk. Whisk together for 2 min. , stir in 1- 1/2 cups Free Cool Whip. Then add fruit that is canned with out sugar or syrup. ( I used oranges segments in splenda. but the gals used fruit cocktail) Cool for a while. Just had a serving 1 cup for 2 pts. I ate 2 cups. The Cool Whip adds mass to the pudding without adding pts. If I have underestimated, sorry. That's what I use my extra points for. I layered it in Ice Tea goblets.

Next time, I plan to use dark chocolate pudding too, since this was a little light flavored for me. Think it will look prettier with 2 colors. Yea, my hubby loved it too.

Am going to a cook out tomorrow so will try to be good "as possible". Lucky for me it is at my stepdaughter's and her husband has been on WW for a year, lost lots of weight, so I know there will be some safe choices for me.

Be careful but have fun tomorrow every body.
eat.gif
Stay Strong, or if you indulge a little, REALLY enjoy it

I went clothes shopping yesterday but I found I wasn't quite ready to step down a whole size. My current size looks huge, but a size down wasn't good either, then I tried on bathing suits and it was the kiss of death.
default_smileypuke.gif
LOL. Not ready for a bathing suit yet
default_new_shocked.gif
but maybe in a month or two. Maybe by winter ... hahaha

I did treat myself to some underwear and was tickled with that choice so I did get something accomplished in my shopping trip.

Funny how we lose in our boobs and face and legs first and the butt and belly is last to catch up and go smaller.
default_laugh.png
My stomach is what is holding me back from going down another size but that might be from having three kids in my 40's not much tone there anymore, but I am staying strong, it has to go down if I keep at it longer... willpower... .

Melinda, thanks for the recipe... Nice of you to share. Happy 4th everybody!

IFunny how we lose in our boobs and face and legs first and the butt and belly is last to catch up and go smaller.
I wish... My boobs seem to be the first to gain and the last to lose. Just what I need.
default_rolleyes.gif

Perhaps a different brand or style will work to go down a size. Sometimes it helps, as each company has its own cut. And, different styles fit differently. Or with jeans sometimes you can go from relaxed to slim in the same size and have them fit better, well at least not look so big even if the waist is big.

Thanks chantab. I was feeling sorry for myself and then today I put on a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in about 9 years because I couldn't get into them and when I tried them on they were HUGE, almost too big to stay up. I felt much better. I also think I need to re evaluate my style, I keep going toward the same sort of style I have been wearing the last few years, I think I need a makeover. I think I will take a friend shopping with me next time, she is a shopaholic and she has a sense of style.

I did do the happy dance after bra shopping, I laughed and said, hmmmm, shirts look much
default_yes.gif
better when your boobs are where they are supposed to be.
default_laugh.png

Weight loss is really a journey of sorts. Thanks ladies for the encouragement.

Hi Mona.

Don't you just hate those same 2 pounds?
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
I have been there too. Seemed like I would lose a bit one week and then here they came back again, to haunt me.

I finally figured out that eating salty foods was my culprit. Then I started weighing after working really hard outside, sweating it off. Soon I figured out that I should only look at the big picture. Had I lost weight in the last month? That helped me not feel so defeated.

Of course that was 10 years ago when I lost 100 pounds over the course of many months. Somehow I stopped getting on my scale. My weight crept up slowly as life brought it's ups and downs. Now, ten years later, I am trying to lose those same pounds all over again. Bet they came back, 2 pounds at a time and I never saw them, cause I was not getting on my scale!

So
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
to you for keeping on, getting on! Bet next week those 2 will be gone, and will maybe take another pound buddy with them.

I went clothes shopping this weekend...... in the back of my storage closet!!! Some clothes that I bought 8 years ago now fit! Of course they are not very stylish but... they FIT! I had gained weight so fast back then that some still had tags. And the size differences from one brand to another....A pair of 16-18W size jeans fits me the same as a different brand 22 ladies.

I have a friend who took tape measurements of the cloths that fit her the best. She carries the measurements with her and only tries on clothes that come close. She has joint problems and pulling clothes on and off really makes her sore.

I'm all for some make overs. I need that fashionista friend to shop with when I lose a little more. I have always dressed like barn help or an old lady in Sunday best. I want Stylish Casual to be my new look.

Have a good time today every one.
cheeky-smiley-006.gif

I so envy you guys. Wish I could lose right now. Just feel like a bloated fat pig its disgusting.

I so envy you guys. Wish I could lose right now. Just feel like a bloated fat pig its disgusting.
Awww, Ashley, don't be so hard on yourself.
default_wub.png
Goodness knows, it is so hard to lose weight. I have battled my weight for many years. Wanting to do something right now is the first step toward getting a plan.
default_yes.gif

Weight watchers has an on line program right now if you like to do the computer and don't like going to meetings and they cost about $5 per week to do the on line program. I do the full program and the meetings because I know it wouldn't take much to get me back in my bad habits again. Cookies call to me from the cupboard. Every day i resist the double stuffed oreos I know are in there, I feel stronger. Not kidding here at all, I am the original cookie monster.

I never thought I would have success and gave up for many years. I said to myself your first sentence you posted every day of my life as I started over and over again trying to lose weight.

We can help you here on this forum, you have many friends that will support you and help you if you want to join a plan with us and get started. I highly recommend weight watchers points plus as an educating tool as to what to eat and what not to eat. I eat more now than when I was on a "diet". I consider weight watchers not a diet, but more of an educational tool of a healthier lifestyle. It is totally different from the old ww plan by the way...much easier to follow!

Thanks Melinda for the encouragement. And yes, I am on the up 2, down 2, but at this point, I am OK with that, as although it wouldn;t hurt my feelings of I were to lose another 10 or 15#, I am satisfied with "maintaining" where I am at now. I just don;t want to gain back the 50# I have lost! THAT is why I must keep getting on that scale. I do know I am bad quite often, and sometimes I am even surprised when I weigh in with a loss when I thought for sure I should have gained. This week was opposite...I expected a loss so was admittedly disappointed to see the 2# gain. Oh well, I am not sweating over it...there's always tomorrow, or next week. As long as I behave reasonably well, I am happy.

Ashley cannot go on a weight loss program now because of her pregnancy....just thought I'd mention it in case you weren't aware.
default_wink.png

And GOOD LUCK to those yet to weigh in and CONGRATULATIONS to those that have maintained or post! It's a tough journey for sure, so HUGE congrats!!
default_aktion033.gif

Right I cant because of being preggo. Sad part is at almost 5 and a half months I havent really gained anything maybe a pound or two but feel like its 20.

I know weight watchers works.A few years ago I lost almost 60 on it but gained most of it back. After this birth I will be shedding alot more then 60 pounds.

Latest posts

Back