OFFICAL "weigh in" thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Down another pound and a half here too. Loving this diet. Only possible with the smoothie treats I make instead of eating full fat ice cream. I didn't get in as much walking, but I have been helping my husband mow some fields and staying out of the house and not snacking is working for me. My inspiration this week was putting on a pair of jean shorts I haven't worn in quite a few years because they were too small and they were not only too big, I could take them off without unbuttoning them.

Here here for weighing in your birthday suit in the morning, that's what I do. On weight watchers day I try to pick light weight clothes and I leave the jewelry at home and be sure my cell phone is not in my pocket when I weigh in. I have seen some people take off their earrings and bracelets etc... LOL. Every little bit counts.

Congratulations Mona and Melinda... way to go! Good luck on this upcoming week!!! see you for check in next week
default_aktion033.gif

Way to go ladies!!! We are doing great, and our health will get better and better!

I have actually found I am eating lots more food than I did before getting on the WW Plus plan. I was snacking on junk before. Now I am eating lots of pop corn, trying fruits I had never eaten, and if I want to go out to lunch.... getting seconds at the salad bar before checking out the "dinner" end of the buffet. I am surprised how well it is working since my activity level has gone down due to our heat wave.

Yesterday it rained here for the first time in weeks. When the minis started running around in it, my 2 dogs took off out of the shade to join them. At first I was scared our newest huge 97 lb. rescue dog "Jupiter" was going to hurt them, but soon it was clear, he was trying to be part of the little herd! The young stallion stopped and did the "I am friendly" back chew on him, "Jup" fell to the ground in front of him and offered his belly. Then they ran the fence lines together. When they were all tired out I called Jup back, but Little Chester wanted him to stay with his herd of 2 geldings. He kept trying to steer him back to his group. Finally Jup got between the wheel barrow handles and I shooed Chester away. Every one but me got lots of exercise!

Here are some pics so you can get an idea of their sizes. They both love to play in the kiddie pool to stay cool. You can see why I was scared when Jup started after the minis... he could certainly take one down if he wanted to. I am so pleased they have become buddies! ( It be will next year before I post a pool pic of me in my bathing suit playing with them. Quite a few pounds and inches to go!)

Let's try to keep up the good work, ladies. Let our skinny inner selves out!!!

DSCN1551.JPG

DSCN1608_2.JPG

DSCN1619.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Been away on a trip back to Portland...and went totally off my "eating plan" during my time there (as I knew I would...lol
default_rolleyes.gif
)...weighed myself the morning after I got back and I only gained 2 lbs! PHEW! Not bad for a week of gorging on lots of really good food!
default_aktion033.gif

Leaving today for a 3 day horse show, so I doubt I will eat healthy while I am there, so...Monday I will restart eating salads again...
default_wink.png

Sounds like everyone is doing great!! Good job!!
default_aktion033.gif

We have had a crazy busy week on the farm... I am getting alot of exercise and no time to snack. I got on the scale this morning and I am hoping it is real, but the scale says 29 lbs lost so far! I stepped on and off about 5 times. I started this diet March 1st this year. I may even get confident enough to buy some clothes. I hope it lasts. Thanks guys for continuing to post and keep the support rolling in for everybody, you all are doing great
default_aktion033.gif

I went to a horse show this past weekend...and it was sooo dang hot, I sweated (and walked) off those extra pounds I had gained from my trip the week before!! Yay!!
default_aktion033.gif

Great work Linda!! All your hard work at the shows paid off there AND on the scale! CONGRATULATIONS on your wins and weight loss.

I am down 1.5 lbs this week.

Hi everybody. Another week, maybe another pound or two gone. I do not go to Weight Watchers until Thurs. night to get the offical scale reading, but I can feel my tight clothes getting a bit more comfortable. I could not have hung in there this month with out you ladies and those banana smoothies!
risa8.gif
I just signed up for another month at Weight Watchers. Longest I have stuck to a diet in years.

Linda... your mini looks beautiful. Glad you won, and lost too.
aktion033.gif

Have a great week every one. Thanks for being here!

Tell me again, what do you girls put in those smoothies? I have a blender, so I just need ingredients and amounts to mix. Thank you.

Oh, and congrats to those still on-track and losing.

Whoo hoo, down some more weight for my weigh in again today. I have lost 1-2 lbs every week since first week of march. I am down 15% now. It feels great. best diet I ever tried. It works and I am not hungry and I am losing weight like crazy.

For my smoothies... I buy the really big vanilla stonyfield fat free yogurt. I put one cup full in the blender , add a fresh banana and then start piling in frozen strawberries, frozen peaches, frozen raspberries, what ever you like, it all tastes good when blended. I rough blend it so there is still a few chunks of fruit. According to weight watchers you aren't supposed to chop the fruit up and still call it free, but I do it anyway and only charge for the yogurt. I share my smoothie but I fill one or two coffee mugs with it and charge 4 points for my smoothie treat. I drink one every other day and sometimes every day. I eat 5-10 almonds for 1-2 points with my smoothie, I always pair my fruits and carbs with a protein. I love icecream, and this is my icecream alternative. I make it thick so I have to eat it with a spoon. It is hard on the blender when you make it that thick but I don't care. it is terrific.
default_aktion033.gif
Best wishes girls on all your weigh ins!!! Keep strong, it really works. Eat power foods and don't make all your 29 points out of carbs. You all are a terrific support group...thanks
default_wub.png

For my smoothies... I buy the really big vanilla stonyfield fat free yogurt. I put one cup full in the blender , add a fresh banana and then start piling in frozen strawberries, frozen peaches, frozen raspberries, what ever you like, it all tastes good when blended. I rough blend it so there is still a few chunks of fruit. According to weight watchers you aren't supposed to chop the fruit up and still call it free, but I do it anyway and only charge for the yogurt. I share my smoothie but I fill one or two coffee mugs with it and charge 4 points for my smoothie treat. I drink one every other day and sometimes every day. I eat 5-10 almonds for 1-2 points with my smoothie, I always pair my fruits and carbs with a protein. I love icecream, and this is my icecream alternative. I make it thick so I have to eat it with a spoon. It is hard on the blender when you make it that thick but I don't care. it is terrific.
default_aktion033.gif
Best wishes girls on all your weigh ins!!! Keep strong, it really works. Eat power foods and don't make all your 29 points out of carbs. You all are a terrific support group...thanks
default_wub.png
Thank you. I'll have to give it a try and see if I like it; it would sure be a better alternative to the crap I can't stay away from when I crave sweets. Maybe for breakfast too. It would probably be better if I followed a program, but we live very rural, and hubby won't go for diet food and I'm not planning two meals; so I'll pick my "battles".

Thank you again for the recipe, it sounds good.

I love bananas and was eating one every day for a long time. When I went to the Dr last year, she did a blood work up on me (for general reasons) and said that my potassium levels were way off balance. Also, when I did not eat a banana one day, by the next day I had leg cramps from my potassium being off. I actually stopped eating bananas every day because they are also "high sugar", but because of my potassium being off, I have to take potassium pills every day.
default_wacko.png

I don't know if this is "normal" if you eat a lot of bananas, but wanted to share that with you all, if you plan on making banana/fruit smoothies every day.

Smoothies with the yogurt and fruit are awesome. For myself, tho, since I don't own a blender...lol...I just put the yogurt in a bowl and put the fruit on top.
default_yes.gif

I love bananas and was eating one every day for a long time. When I went to the Dr last year, she did a blood work up on me (for general reasons) and said that my potassium levels were way off balance. Also, when I did not eat a banana one day, by the next day I had leg cramps from my potassium being off. I actually stopped eating bananas every day because they are also "high sugar", but because of my potassium being off, I have to take potassium pills every day.
default_wacko.png

I don't know if this is "normal" if you eat a lot of bananas, but wanted to share that with you all, if you plan on making banana/fruit smoothies every day.

Smoothies with the yogurt and fruit are awesome. For myself, tho, since I don't own a blender...lol...I just put the yogurt in a bowl and put the fruit on top.
default_yes.gif

Oh a banana sounds so good. HOw I miss them days. Eat them now it doesnt like to stay in the belly. Apparently she dont like them. She how ever does like brats despite the fact prior to here I hated them with a passion, she doesnt like any other meat besides chicken really.

I use Shorthorsemon's basic recipe but some times add vanilla extract and cinnamon. I put in skim milk too. And lots of ice. Makes a peach smoothie taste a little like a pie. I did not know we are not supposed to chop the fruits up. I sure do. It has really helped me stay away from ice cream.

The other night my hubby and I stopped for a special treat at a new Ice Cream Shoppe nearby and I got the small cone. When they brought it to me, it was two huge scoops. Of course I ate it. Later I looked it up and it was equal to... EIGHT Smoothies on the point plus system, plus I was hungry later and way over my daily limit.
sad.gif
When I showed Tom the difference, he decided to stop eating his nightly bowl of ice cream and now shares my smoothie so I always make a double serving.
wub.gif

Has anyone put some in the freezer to see if it becomes more like a frozen dessert?

The smoothie I make gets rock solid in the freezer if you leave it in over night. I use all frozen fruit and it is more like a sorbet when I make mine. I don't want one to drink, I want to eat it with a spoon....,its my solution to not eating icecream when I found out the full fat premium ice cream is 8 points for a 1/2 cup. I say wow, who ever sits down and only eats a 1/2 cup of ice cream in one sitting so real ice cream is off my menu for now. The smoothies are working for me and I always share but I always charge myself 4 points for it. I also love the weight watchers ice cream bars that are raspberry with a chocolate coating for 2 points when i just have to have something sweet..

Hey Chandab.. my husband doesn't go for diet food either.. Instead of making two meals, I did start buying meat that is low in fat very lean cuts. My husband likes my meat choices and low fat meat is only about a point for every ounce so you can have a nice helping of meat for supper. You can roast a pork roll in the oven and slice it thin and everybody eats it and it doesn't taste like diet food. I don't make two meals, but do have choices at every meal that is on my plan and I can count. Funny thing is that my husband started helping himself to my veggies and salad and there is really only a choice or two that I don't put on my plate. I buy myself sweet potatoes, you can eat a half of a big one for about 2 points. I skip the butter, you can spritz with that 0 calorie butter tasting spray if you want flavor and nothing beats adding some garlic pepper to make it interesting. You can do fun things with spices to make things taste cool but still be low points. What weight watcher says, is don't deprive yourself of any food you really want... count the points and work it into your day. If you want pizza, have one slice of cheese and take the hit on the points. Same goes for chocolate etc. The weight watchers calculator for points is very helpful for figuring out what to charge for points. The food scale is terrific for portion control. Best wishes everybody!!! I am less than 10 lbs from goal weight thanks for keeping me inspired..... The race is on. I hope I make it, good luck everybody!

Hey Chandab.. my husband doesn't go for diet food either.. Instead of making two meals, I did start buying meat that is low in fat very lean cuts. My husband likes my meat choices and low fat meat is only about a point for every ounce so you can have a nice helping of meat for supper. You can roast a pork roll in the oven and slice it thin and everybody eats it and it doesn't taste like diet food. I don't make two meals, but do have choices at every meal that is on my plan and I can count. Funny thing is that my husband started helping himself to my veggies and salad and there is really only a choice or two that I don't put on my plate.
Thank you for the suggestions. but, no pork here; hubby is allergic to it and I don't like it. We raise our own beef, and its no where near as fatty as store bought (I really realized that his winter, when we didn't get our homeraised steer to the processor before we got snowed in and had to buy meat for 4-5 months this winter/spring
default_no.gif
). I do my best to have fresh foods when I can, but live 60 miles from town, so don't always have it available, some things just don't keep well. I can't wait to try the smoothie, my biggest down fall are snacks and sweets, so I'm hoping the smoothie will be satisfying, so I don't continue to look for more.

Celebration this AM.
cheeky-smiley-006.gif
Weighed on my home scales, naked Jay Bird style. Down 15 lbs. since I started posting on this thread a little over a month ago. Thanks to you folks, I have stayed motivated and full of smoothies! I got a star at Weight Watchers for 10 lbs. Thursday night but I had been losing for about 2 weeks before joining them. I think you ladies deserve the award
firstprize.gif
because if you had not rallied around me and revived this thread, I would still be feeling bad about my weight related issues. I still have a lot to go but 43 lbs. sounds a lot less than 58!!!

Can I post something else not weight related but dealing with emotional eating?

This is not related except that having some thing go wrong last evening made me want to over eat. I did not do it but did realize why I felt that way. I have had horses all my life. I was lucky enough to be born in a family of horse lovers. My father was an old time style horse vet. We had every body's cast off critters, most of which had "behavior issues" that my father always told us were "owner issues". I am now 59 and had to keep reminding myself of that last night.

I have a 22 month mini old colt that I brought home when he was 3.5 months old. He was already weaned and had been with other weanlings for about 3 weeks. Yes, I would call the farm a very nice mini mill. Way too many minis to handle all the foals a lot. 60 brood mares in 3 herds. Chester's mother had him early and out in the big pasture instead of in the foaling barn. It took the owners a long time to catch him up so he was not only not imprinted, but was scared of people when I got him. I have done a lot with him and he is no longer scared of humans but comes up to greet my many visitors. (My older gelding minis perform tricks and go visiting to children's libraries plus we host lots of folks to my barn to learn about minis). Chester does not go on visits but does watch the geldings perform and has learned from them how wonderful human slaves are. He loves getting groomed and handled by me and has picked up several tricks just by watching. He brings me buckets, his feed bowl, fetches balls with handles and lays down when asked, shakes hooves, and goes to home base which is a stand that he puts his front feet up on. I am saying all this so you will understand how far he has come and how upset I was when he kicked me last night!

I have never, ever been kicked before. Guess it had to happen sooner or later. Immediately I was upset with him, but resisted the urge to pound on him. Instead I grabbed him around the neck and held him really tight. Then I shouted at him 'go away' and ran him out of his stall which opens into the pasture. I walked around and when he tried to come up, I made him go away. I figured out that I was preoccupied when I opened his stall's back door and walked in as he was finishing some feed on the matt. He came from a place where the minis where all feed together and it was every man for himself. He has always been very protective of his feed. I stall each horse at feed time and give them lots of time to eat. My other guys will let me move their feed around or even take it back up while they stand quietly by. Not Chester!!! I know this. It was my stupid mistake to walk right up behind him, pat his rump, and then get kicked! After almost 60 years of horse experience!!!

When I finished my chores, he trotted over to me and helped me dump the wheel barrow in the manure pile. Thank goodness his attention span is so short. I am hoping that when he is gelded some of the feed protecting will ease up. I know it is both instinct and learned behavior. He is only allowed treats from me, and only in his little "Begging Bowl" that he holds up to me. No treats while being groomed, or learning, just praise and pats then. He is a smart fella and I am hoping to train as a pair or tandem to my other guys. Hope he forgets kicking me. Hope I always remember!!!

I came in the house and had a great big smoothie for comfort!!!

Tried my first smoothie for breakfast yesterday. Just vanilla yogurt and frozen strawberries, it was delicious and very filling. I might have to make more of those, more often. My blender isn't happy about making them, so I think I better try to at least cut the strawberries in half (I could only get whole frozen strawberries).

Thankyou for the recipe.

I am eating my smoothie right now and reading this post. I use frozen whole strawberries and I beat up my blender but they are terrific, filling and satisfy me for hours. I love the frozen strawberries best because I like to eat my smoothies with a spoon.

HOORAY Melinda you are doing terrific on the weight loss. Its all about short goals and stars... I have my book filled up with stars and loving it...The pounds really add up, you don't think 1-2 lbs a week lost on the scale is much at first and then it really starts to add up!.....4 months and suddenly you are down 25 pounds in a snap. I too started the diet before joining ww so I am always at a loss of 5 lbs more than weight watchers has me down for "officially". 15 lbs is terrific. I measure my weight loss in bags of sugar. Pick up three bags of sugar and hold them up to you and say WOW, I was carrying that all day...

Keep up the good work everybody... off the the barn for my nightly exercise program milking the cows.

Adair

Latest posts

Back