Oct 10, 2007

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILoveMyGelding

Reaction score
Tuesday was our due date and I had been having contractions all day. Finally around 2:30 I decided that I should leave work and call the doctor. They were getting pretty strong at that point and closer together. I went into the clinic around 5 and they monitored us. We got sent home because I was only 1cm. At 8:00pm I couldn't take them anymore and off to the hospital we went. My nurse was wonderful through the whole thing. I wasn't moving very quickly but I went from 6cm to 10cm in 2 hours. The nurse hadn't called the doctor yet so I had to "wait" a half hour for him to get there! At 4:02am Ryder Jay Peel was born. He was 7lbs 4oz 19inches long. I had quite a bit of tearing and it took him over a half hour to stitch me. I'm in a lot of pain today but I haven't moved around this much in three days. He's the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life. I couldn't sleep the day of delivery because I wanted to hold him and stare at him! He has his mommy's lips and everything else is all daddy. Wish us luck tonight, its our first night home.

Here he is Ryder Jay Peel!

DSC02487.jpg

DSC02489.jpg

DSC02527.jpg

Congratulations! He's very cute!

They all always look like daddy in the beginning, it's a survival thing - makes the fathers bond to their newborn children. My daughter was the spitting image of her father for the first few months of her life, now she's alllllllllll mommy.

Welcome to the world little Ryder.

What a beautiful baby boy!

I am so happy for you.

Don't buy that stuff about him looking like daddy.

We just let them think that but they'll change, especially the first one.

He'll turn into you quick enough
default_yes.gif
:

Congratulations Cassie!!!! He's a handsome little guy! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Well I'm up for a feeding and I couldn't be more impressed! Last night was a terrible night for us and for our first night home it is going amazing! Jeremy has been up with the little guy all night! I've gotten up for feedings and then I get to go back to sleep! Ryder is doing wonderful! He wakes up to change his diaper and eat and then he's out again. And those swings are the best invention ever.

what a perfect baby boy! I have 3 girls and swear I am done, but he is SO cute I am tempted to try one more time! His head is perfect and just the right amount of kissable baby cheeks!
default_wub.png
:

default_wub.png
: *sigh* he's beautiful. I know with 3 young adult unmarried children I have to be careful what I ask for, but I so want a baby in my life!! Congratulations!! Want me to watch him for a while?

Awwwwww.... way too cute! Makes me miss when Andy and Ben were babies...they are now 17 and almost 16.
default_wub.png
:

Enjoy baby Ryder - he is a doll!

Denise

Silversong Farm

YAY Cassie! I am so glad your beautiful baby Ryder is here finally! Yay and 5 days younger than my lil Alexis
default_smile.png
Trust me I have learned alot the past week. Sleep when they sleep. Our lil one seems to sleep alot. She wakes up to be changed and to eat and thats it...Out she goes afterwards. I know what you mean about pain Cassie. Take it easy and listen to your body. I am having a hard time with that. I know I want to go go go all the time even though I can't. I just want to sit next to her and watch her sleep... Take it easy and enjoy them...Congrats once again on your lil guy!!

[SIZE=12pt]congrats, what a beautiful little boy
default_wub.png
: , enjoy every minute, they grow up sooo fast, seems like yesterday i was staring at my daughter lying on my lap, i would study her and think about how strange it was to love someone that you have never seen before so much that it hurt, she is now 4 and started pre K this sep. time goes by so fast, don't miss a minute
default_smile.png
. by the way, i love his name, have fun with your sweet baby, Nikki
[/SIZE]

You must be so proud of that adorable baby boy! Congratulations, Mary

Congratulations on a beautiful baby boy! :aktion033: Sounds like you both, and even daddy, are doing very well.

Welcome to the World baby Ryder!

Oh my, is he cute! I'm so glad everything is going well and I love his name! Be sure to keep us updated with lots of pictures
default_wub.png
: !

Thank you all so much! I've been trying so hard not to cry everytime I look at this little guy. You are all so very right. There is no feeling like the one when you look at your child. He's brought so much joy into our lives already and he's only 4 days old.
default_wub.png
: Here are a few pics with his eyes open. I keep telling him he's such a pretty boy and his dad has to correct me that he's handsome not pretty. :bgrin

DSC02557.jpg

DSC02551.jpg

Well, there's the little guy! He's adorable! Congratulations on your new little man!
default_cheers.gif
: He is just perfect!
default_yes.gif
:

Back