Ocala Sale How was the turn out?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcfarm

Reaction score
Anybody go to the Ocala Mini sale? Wondering how the turn out was and of course the prices. Wanted to go, but I know I would have come home with one or two.
default_rolleyes.gif

I heard prices were low low low.
default_sad.png
Starting at 25.00

Wow thats soo sad. Any idea who the top selling horse was and what it went for?? I was going to go but didnt want to be tempted. I wonder if they will have the summer Auction seems like its getting smaller and smaller and the prices are going lower and lower. Its cheaper to give them away for free than spend all the money in gas, selling fees, and health certs. So very sad.
default_no.gif

so far they have had the sale in January and in July for the past 2 years maybe longer than that. I get a post card about the next sell date maybe cuz i bought stuff from there before...

We could have missed a few but the lowest selling was a hackney pony which sold for $50.00. The highest selling horse I saw went for $1150.00

Gary

I think a MAJOR problem with many of these LOW sales is they do not advertise.. which is a diservice to the people that have horses in the sale.. JMHO.. How do people know about them?? Was this just a local sale in Florida? I remember LB advertising that sale a few years ago..
I agree. I had no clue it was going on.

50.00? That's just sad...

Garyo, could you add a little more information, the number of attendance, were there a lot of no-sales, were there more lookers than bidders, did geldings get a good price, etc. I had been considering placing 2 geldings in the sale, I need to know if it draws a large enough crowd of buyers for that number of entries. I wonder if there was a limit of 70 horses it might help. Thanks.

I was told most were very healthy well groomed papered minis but just couldnt get the bids

I agree with ML if they dont advertise how do they expect to get bidders

Jan I would think is a bad month to hold an auction but that is Florida so maybe that makes a difference?

I know the ones I saw pictures of though were older horses and very much older style.

I think a MAJOR problem with many of these LOW sales is they do not advertise.. which is a diservice to the people that have horses in the sale.. JMHO.. How do people know about them??
I also very much agree. If the people running the sale don't do any advertising then it would be a big waste of my time/money. Cheap doesn't pay when it comes to something like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had known about the auction, I would have went....trailer in tow.
default_wink.png

How would I go about getting on the mailing list>? Or is there a website I could check out?

I've recently checked the local mini-club website and nothing was listed about the auction.

There is a website..

http://www.allfloridaminisale.com/

We were considering taking a few down there but from what I was told about prices at the sale last July, they werent

much better ... I can take them locally to the monthly horse auction and get between 400 and 750.00 for unregisterds from these backwoods rednecks around here.. If you take a horse there, pay the $50.00 consignment, and 10% commission, then sell a horse for $50, you just payed $5 to give the horse away.. not to mention the gas and hotel room
default_wacko.png

I do not totally agree with the advertising! We have had a Feb. sale for 45 YEARS. We try to get the dates out asap A YEAR IN ADVANCE.

PEOPLE if you are selling a horse it is NOT just the sale personal that needs to know. YOU as a seller can run a cheap classified announcing your designation.

Contact your mini club members telling them to meet you there.

DO NOT STOP with the consignment fee! No one knows your livestock better than you.

Producers tend to sit back and point fingers rather than take action on their own part. If a sale has 80-100 horses that means there is a possibility for 80-100 horse owners to contact/reachout/promote along with the sale promotion.

A good horse is fun to sell and will attract buyers!

HORSE OWNERS do YOUR PART! TALK your STOCK!

oh, and use a knife and start gelding!

Lonnie Sharping

www.sosranch.net

I didnt go to the sale, my husbands head would have exploded if I brought home 1 more. And yes I bought too many last year, but there were too many great bargains. Anyway I heard most people no saled their horses since the bidders were sitting on their hands. About the super cheap prices I heard it was the 21 hackney ponies there that they let go cheap And they were lovely well bred show horses. I photographed 3 that were sold through the sale and they were beautiful ponies it just wasnt a crowd that knew what to do with them.

I was told most were very healthy well groomed papered minis but just couldnt get the bids
I agree with ML if they dont advertise how do they expect to get bidders

Jan I would think is a bad month to hold an auction but that is Florida so maybe that makes a difference?

I know the ones I saw pictures of though were older horses and very much older style.

Back