Obstacles

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diana

Reaction score
Need to start making up my obstacle courses for this year. Anyone out there got new ideas or what your favorite obstacle is. Thanks
default_yes.gif

At a recent show we used the hula hoop, front feet in and circle 360, then back thru poles, walk over blue tarp, step up front feet on a box, back down and sidepass out.

Fairly simple but wasn't a "snap" either. Stepping up and backing down nicely, was a bit of a test and backing thru the poles takes some training.

We have some creative obstacle course designers at the Pinto shows that I attend! Seems like they find something new every year!! One of the more challenging ones is an elevated V side pass. They have two poles in a V shape and the small end goes up on a block. Sometimes they have you side pass with the front legs inside the V and sometimes with the front legs outside the V....the second version is the toughest!! Water boxes are always a challenge. Ground tie, walk around and then sit in a chair for a set amount of time before picking up the lead again is interesting. We've had some very creative back thrus....can't even describe them on paper!! Of course, tarps, spider boards and the dreaded chalk circle in the dirt!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Diana already does some of the more creative obstacle courses I have seen!!! I think she did the waterfall obstacle that Princess hooked her halter on so the whole thing fell over on us. That was kinda different!! Princess did go through it again after that, although she was a bit skeptical the second time (not the first)!!!

One that I have always found challenging is the bridge with a "hole" in it - the scary black circle painted in the center.

Latest posts

Back