Now that the election is over and we have a new Pres

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an opinion and deserve one. I'm tired of Americans telling me (and other Canadians) that we should shut up. Your country (being the most powerful on the planet) has a profound effect on the world. That gives everyone the right to an opinion. So stop all this divisive talk.
Matt, despite what the obnoxious few on here imply, many Americans agree with you. As long as we refer to our president as "leader of the free world," we'd better accept that citizens of other countries will certainly have an opinion and a very real interest in what we do.

People effect people WORLDWIDE! I am so sick of the "I am too overqualified" speech, There are plenty of jobs... They may not be EXACTLY what you want, but certainly plenty of them. For goodness sakes, stop making excuses and attacking people! GO work for Walmart if you need too.
woohoo!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

Funny how I, fresh out of college with a degree was interviewed and hired one week after graduation, with no ifs, ands or buts about it, and yes I make reallygood pay.. I'm still on my college's job emailing list that sends out emails about available jobs throughout the US, believe me, there are PLENTY of jobs out there and willing to hire.. I couldn't agree more with Floridachick, stop making excuses and go out and make something happen, sitting at a computer bickering/complaining isn't going to CHANGE anything..

Did I tell you how your country should be run? I don't think I've EVER done that. I am trying to open some people's eyes that, yes, we have a right to an opinion; with family in YOUR country that are AMERICANS I have an opinion and deserve one. I'm tired of Americans telling me (and other Canadians) that we should shut up. Your country (being the most powerful on the planet) has a profound effect on the world. That gives everyone the right to an opinion. So stop all this divisive talk.
Matt, and other fellow Canadians etc, I for one appreciate your comments/opinions and do take them into consideration with curiosity and open eyes/ears.. I find it ironic that some of the people here in the US are quick to try and silence those who are not, though they sure do use the "freedom of speech" card when the tables are turned.. The United States IS very powerful, and the attitude that I've seen displayed through several of the members here as well as other people from day to day life/activity, it SCARES me, this divisive, "we're better than you" talk is what is going to keep the US enemies of other countries, yes there are some out there that no matter what we try to do or say they will always have a "hatred" for us, but I do feel that we need to start opening our eyes and ears to others, because the US is as powerful as it is, we should be setting an example, and a good place to start is "treat others the way you want to be treated"..
Awesome. Thanks guys! That means a lot to me and, I'm sure, many other non-Americans (fellow inhabitants of planet Earth LOL). :love
default_blush.png

Well you were complaining about getting rid of all the Mexicans, and I stated then who would do their JOBS here?? American's don't want to do the jobs Illegals are doing soo.....

If you go into a job interview with a great attitude and good ref they can't discrimnate against you. Keep trying!

Tell ya what... YOU go out there, earn a Master's degree, work your butt off and do WELL at your job, then try to find new work. Then lose that job when the company closes up shop. My first job was finalized before I left school. My second took me a month to locate. My third... is still out there. I've applied for three positions every week for FOUR MONTHS (including every position my school has announced in my field, the ones not in my field I don't qualify for) with no luck... only 10% have even gone to the interview stage. Each one has told me "you won't be happy doing this" and declined employment. I've stopped listing my MS on my resume because it seems to be an immediate turn-off to $8-15/hr employers. So don't tell me I'm lazy and not seeking and not willing to accept anything that is avalible. Yes, I've applied at Walmart, Lowes, etc. I've interviewed in several states, including California. But I'm not exactly sure how my employment situation relates to the presidential election?

Floridachick, I rarely post a reply on message boards, normally I just like to read. But, I feel I must make a comment here. I have seen many people turned down for the jobs that the illegals are doing. Employers can pay the illegals less than minimum wage because they are paid in cash. They will not hire a legal person, American or otherwise, because they fear being "rated out" about the cash payments. The employers have less paperwork to do and don't have worry about the rights or safety of their "employees". This is not good for any workers involved, nor for this country - no income taxes are collected from cash wages. And yes, I do have a B.S. and I am currently employed at the rate of $7 per hour.

Tell ya what... YOU go out there, earn a Master's degree, work your butt off and do WELL at your job, then try to find new work.
I had a chance to go for my Master's, was offered the job I'm at WITHOUT it, so opted NOT to spend more time and money at school, and I LOVE the job I'm at (though 12 hour days are not always my friend!) I DO work my butt off, and I DO my job WELL, so I don't NEED to go find "new work", and the company I work for is growing and expanding, so don't see it "closing shop" anytime soon (and yes it's in the agriculture field, which many told me I'd never find a job, let along a GOOD PAYING one in that field)

So don't tell me I'm lazy and not seeking and not willing to accept anything that is avalible. Yes, I've applied at Walmart, Lowes, etc. I've interviewed in several states, including California.
hmm funny don't recall anyone calling you lazy, but I DID say sitting at the computer bickering isn't helping you

But I'm not exactly sure how my employment situation relates to the presidential election?
YOU brought it up, not me..

And Floridachick does bring up a valid point, while it may not necessarily be "right" for the illegals to come and work here, they do do the "crap" jobs that many of us do not want to do...

When I read Nathan's post here I saw someone who is very frustrated and angry and I bet if we were in his/her situation we would be as well. I have a friend who use to live in Kentucky, lived there most of his life up until 2000. He was an accountant employed by the same firm for many many years. The firm saw less and less business and laid off some of their accountants and Mark was up there in age and they let him go. He lived in Louisville most of his life and now found himself unemployed. He tried, truly tried finding a job in his field and couldn't. He also applied for all kinds of jobs and basically was told he was overqualified for many of the jobs he applied for. He too was willing to take anything but it seems that employers when they see someone overqualified for the job being applied for don't want to hire that person because they figure they won't be there long.... I truly understand Nathan's dilemna and anguish. We should put ourselves in his/her shoes and not judge his/her harsh words in some of the posts. Mark, my friend, eventually moved to Florida after 2 plus years of trying to find something in Kentucky. He ended up having to move in with his Dad as he lost his house in Kentucky, most of his posessions
default_no.gif
Instead of getting down on Nathan here, perhaps some have suggestions or perhaps leads to jobs in his/her field in other states he/she could apply if willing to relocate?

I wanted to congratulate my neighbours to the south on your new President. I also understand that some are upset at the loss of their candidate, John McCain. I wanted to say how impressed I was listening to his speech last night. I truly do hope that you can overcome the divisiness of the campaign now that the election is over and give your new President a chance and see how he will lead and deliver on the promises he made.

God bless my American neighbours and ALL American forum members here

God bless my neighbour to the south - The U.S.A.

My fervent prayer is for your country to heal economically and emotionally

Last edited by a moderator:
Back