Now, Lets really get this party started! (2)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
This may be long, please please take the time to read, it is so very important!

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

This is our 3rd annual $4 Mission of Thanks!

Why $4? Because it is 4 weeks before Thanksgiving and we are asking for a $1 a week for just how thankful you have been this year for your special herd of miniatures.

This is a simple idea we started 2 years ago that works so very well! We are asking for $4 from each LB Member to give to the Chances Mini Horse Rescue.

Right now there are over 3000 LB members and this does make a huge difference, $4 at a time. You say it doesn't work, well, we have raised over $8,000 doing it $4 at a time. With winter coming on we know finances can be tough to come by, but feel too that $4 is an amount most can contribute. We more than understand those who just can not contribute, we just feel the $4 makes it easier for those who want to help, but a larger donation can be tough to come by. Keep an eye on this thread and watch the total grow!

CMHR has had a tough financial year due to so many natural disasters, so the $4 Mission of Thanks is more important than ever. And YES, your $4 makes a very big difference. CMHR does not care if this is a show horse, or just a pet, if it is registered or not, THEY JUST GO IN AND HELP THE HORSE! In the past month they have taken in a number of boys that need to be gelded, they have also taken in a dwarf in need of care and have helped large numbers during the hurricanes.

To donate:

www.chancesminihorserescue.org

Paypal button on most pages.

Or by mail:

Virginia St. Pierre

735 Chestnut Lane

Berryville, VA 22611

This is Ginny's favorite time of the year! She loves running to her mail box and see what surprises there are for that day.

Also continue to watch this thread! Members will do matches. If you donate on certain days, members match those donations making your money worth more. We will also have horse services, tacks and gifts for certain donations made. Watch for those. If you would like to make a service or tack donation for more $ donations, please email or pm me.

Mary Lou: DO NOT PIN THIS THREAD, WE HAVE WAY TOO MUCH FUN KEEPING IT UP THERE.

$4 is not a have too for anyone. We have been given anything from $1 to $200. We have had members donate their services, do what they can, as a financial donation was not possible. We understand! Any and all is greatly appreciated.

You do not need to post your donation here. Ginny is the only person who will know, and Ginny appreciates each and every dollar!

My 12 year old son would like to get this party started! He is donating $4 for each one of his 3 horses!

Me, well, I am so very thankful for Prints
wub.gif
and her continued recovery, need to think what all that thankfulness is worth!
rolleyes.gif
Then I need to make sure I have that much in the check book.
biggrin.gif

This is such a great cause, and you may never know when you may be in the midst of a natural disaster and you need CMHR to come in and help! We are so very thankful for them and ALL they do.

edited for spelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
THANK YOU FRANKIE

As you all know we collected a large sum for the hurricane farms. All that money is going to them. Due to that fundraiser we have had nothign coming in for our rescue minis. If you have watched the rescue board we have taken in more rescues this year then any other year!!! and with fall coming we are taking in more. Most of these horses were intact stallions that we have had to pay to geld (in keeping with the CMHR bylaws) so we are going thru money like water.

We just took in a dwarf who is in serious need of gelding and has big problems with his hooves. He is going to have to be put under just so the veternarian can work on his hooves.

We hate to ask for more donations so soon after the hurricanes but our minis still need us!!

I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart

Kay

Kay, thanks for posting the additional information. With all going on, we know many people have given to many different organizations, to help so many people and animals. Our hope is by just asking for $4, they will be able to help the rescue as well so they may continue their work through 2006.

Times are tough. But take a look at what $4 is? I think Starbucks coffee is up to that. Ok, no Starbucks for one day and your donation is made!

Last year we had some farms whos own horses gave up their treats for a few days, to give their $4. I know how spoiled mine are, but not all minis are treated and taken care of the same. I think mine too could give up their treats for a few days so some other mini could just get hay.
yes.gif

Mine and yours are fortunate, not all are, thus the reason for the $4 Mission of Thanks!

You guys are the greatest and the next 4 weeks are going to be so much fun! Please check back often and for any questions, email me, Kay, or Ginny. For more information on the rescue, please take the time to look at their site.

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Frankie said:
Kay, thanks for posting the additional information. With all going on, we know many people have given to many different organizations, to help so many people and animals. Our hope is by just asking for $4, they will be able to help the rescue as well so they may continue their work through 2006. Times are tough. But take a look at what $4 is? I think Starbucks coffee is up to that. Ok, no Starbucks for one day and your donation is made!

Last year we had some farms whos own horses gave up their treats for a few days, to give their $4. I know how spoiled mine are, but not all minis are treated and taken care of the same. I think mine too could give up their treats for a few days so some other mini could just get hay. 
yes.gif

Mine and yours are fortunate, not all are, thus the reason for the $4 Mission of Thanks!

You guys are the greatest and the next 4 weeks are going to be so much fun! Please check back often and for any questions, email me, Kay, or Ginny. For more information on the rescue, please take the time to look at their site.

aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif

490277[/snapback]

can you tell me were to go to donate please
aktion033.gif

Shane,

Information to donate is at the top of the thread. I know it's kind of long, so will add here as well.

To donate:

www.chancesminihorserescue.org

Paypal button on most pages.

Or by mail:

Virginia St. Pierre

735 Chestnut Lane

Berryville, VA 22611

Checks Payable to: CMHR

Thank you so very very very much!!!!!!

Hi Frankie,

Thank so much for getting this started again this year!

Cash donation on its way.

Also, just let me know who the lucky person is who is getting the water resistant driving cooler so I can make it up in their colors and get it sent off to them.

Shannon

I just sent in $4.00 from each of my 13 minis. They (and I) are hoping to help minis who have not been as well loved as they have been.
wub.gif

Come on everyone!! This is a great cause. Your money goes to help truly deserving minis find a better life.
yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

I will donate in a bit some for raven in the name of her own farm
smile.gif
and then from me

Happy Holiday Season!!!

488.gif
488.gif
488.gif

The greatest person in the world, IS A LB FORUM MEMBER!

THANKS SOOOOOOOOO MUCH! And we are off to a another great start!

Oh, could you put $4 Mission in your payment, want to make sure the forum knows what great things they have done by supplying them with a total.

It's going to be a great first day!!!!!!!!!!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Wanted to add, I did not start this as a rescue member, or a rescue founder, as I am not, I only started it as I saw an easy way MOST could participate. People want to donate, just not always possible due to dollar amount.

My one true gift in life is the gift of gab, so I have to use it sometimes, and as you will see over the next 4 weeks, I'll be using my gift.

frankie

you are huge part of cmhr. what would we do without you and your great ideas and your gift of gab.
aktion033.gif

we could have never gotten this rescue off the ground and helped so many minis without our lb members. without a doubt they are the most giving people!!

Kay

488.gif
488.gif
488.gif

WE HAVE OUR FIRST GIFT!!!

It is a gift card from TSC Stores.

The card value is $25, donated by a forum member.

To win this gift card, all you have to do is:

Make a donation of $50 to CMHR, all $50 goes to CMHR, card was donated.

Respond to this thread saying your are making your $50 donation, and tell us either by paypal today or by u.s mail, in the mail by tomorrow.

The first person to respond, it's yours!!!!!!!

Ginny will verify for me you have sent donation, we will wait a few days or so if my u.s. mail, I will be in touch with you for address, and it will be in the mail to you. If not verified, this card will be put up again at a later date!

You win, CMHR wins!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if you do not have a TSC Store, but look for more gifts in the weeks to come.

COME ON, HIT THAT REPLY BUTTON!!!!!!!

Oh, it's so hard to wait! But I want to make my donations on days when they will be matched so my money will go twice as far. The horses deserve that!
aktion033.gif

This year I will make one donation a week.

One for my horses- Spyder, neglected and unloved most of his life. Bo, who has never known hunger. And Kody, wasting away in someone's backyard, ungelded and only turned out at night so he wouldn't scream at the neighbor's mares...

$4 x 3 horses = $12

One for my family, for the blessings of love and laughter and a place to call home...

$4 x 3 people = $12

One for my new job, for the opportunity I've been given and the good fortune that is mine...

$12

And for safety and comfort and land that doesn't move under my feet or rise up against me and isn't covered by water that didn't fall from the sky...

$12.

Helping these horses? Priceless.

Leia

Cowboy, Skipper, Dinah, Pia, Dancer, Bobbi, Buttons, Bright, Star, Red, Mooney, Lace, Spring, and Willow would like to donate. They appreciate that CMHR tried to assist a little horse in this area just last week....and hopefully a new home resulted.

Check in tomorrow's mail.

Charlotte

I talked it over with Tuffy, and we decided that $4.00 was not enough to buy all of the resuce horses peppermint treats. So we donated a little extra!

Are any of the above (bottom of page 1) buying the $25 gift card????? For $50
biggrin.gif

There are so many of you, not sure of the dollar amount, and if it was for the card. Can you edit your post and let me know?
risa_suelos.gif
risa_suelos.gif

Man oh man, what a good problem to have!!!!!!!!!!!

And to all and your wonderful little ones,,,,,,,,,
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Times are tight, but I knew this was going to happen and I donated a little more than just $4.00 to CMHR. It really is a great cause.
yes.gif

Frankie... That card is for someone other than me
wink.gif

Well lets see:

Fox Holler Farm has ---

15 Minis: Meggie, Clove, Dare, Troubles, Georgie, Star, Stormy, Penny, Platinum, Leggs, Dusty, Magic and Radar - 2 are pregnant so lets add in Dare '06 and Stormy '06 --

10 cats: Molly, Genny, Frankie, CW, Miles, Peter, Pumpkin, Leah, Jewel and Lacy

2 dogs: Pippi and Blaze

2 beloved pets went over the rainbow this year.

and 2 humans: JJ and Kim

so that brings us to 31? better make that a nice round number. Sending check in tomorrow's mail.

If I were given the TSC gift card - I would just donate it back to CMHR - so give it to someone else please.

[SIZE=14pt]Any chance to do PAYPAL???[/SIZE]

For Paypal, go to www.chancesminihorserescue.org

on the left, Just Under, For Your Convenience is the Paypal button to use.

Use the Paypal button on the left.

the other one in the middle is for hurricane relief.

Above, web site for actual paypal!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT for Ginny to see all this!!!!!!!!!!!

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

(((((FRANKIE!))))) You are a gem.

Friday is my b-day and I will have a special surprise for CMHR then. YES I appreciate all of them very much!!!
aktion033.gif
wub.gif
And so does the debonaire Mr. Babbit!!!

Latest posts

Back