Nostalgic Pics

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone wants to share pics from back in the day. I have so many great memories of my start into the world in horses....But not too many pics. The two awesome pics I have of me with my jumper in a mini Grand Prix are lost forever (long story)...

But I found this. I was in Pony Club, still. 13 or 14. This is Cosmo. I was trying out for the Pony Club Jumper Championships at the Canadian National Exhibition. It was HOT! that day. He was an awesome guy. I, also, evented with him and got my D1 Pony Club.

CosmoCrop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to dig around and see what I can find! What a great picture of you on your horse, though. Love it. Lucky you!

I love your picture, Matt!!!
default_yes.gif

I didn't get my horse until 1994... I hadn't even started to celebrate my annual 29th at that time
default_biggrin.png

Here are two really poor quality and embarrassing pictures of my with Sky in 1999 or so:

sky+jill-small-medium.jpg

sky_trotting-page.jpg

And one I can date for sure but not with a horse, a picture of my Dad and I in 1994 just before we left for me to go take my Securities exam (passed it)... I was so nervous and worried I was going to disappoint my dad. Look what a fashion plate I was (cringe):

me+dad1.jpg

Not to date myself, but I had to scan this one in, it was taken before the personal computer days, and before digital cameras. Hope the quality is OK.

Hubby and I riding in The Western Days Parade, for the first President Bush.

Parade001.jpg

About 10 years ago when I was 7 or 8. With my first pony...my moms horse was just to big for me to ride and her dream was to have me go on trail rides with her so we bought "Guppy" when he was a green broke 3yr! I had so many falls on this pony, but I still loved him and still do! I still have him even though I out grew him
default_smile.png
I'm sure he will stay with me forever
default_wub.png

14mynpk.jpg

Since I was raised in town and was not a "country girl", I never had much experience with horses at all. I went to a friends a couple of times while in grade school and rode one of their horses, and occassionally got to get on a horse at an uncle's place when we would go to Saskatchewan (where both my parents were originally from) to go for holidays each summer. The first photo is one from that "era". It was taken when I was 4 years old at my Uncle's farm in Saskatchewan.

backwhen1.jpg

This is me on "Venus" back in 1992. I was 30 years old at that time, and Venus was the very first horse that I ever owned. She was a 17 year old 7/8 Arab and had a mind of her own, but I loved her!! I boarded her out the first winter as we never had any fencing at that time. The next Spring, Chris was busy "building" my horse farm so I could get her home. She was the one that actually really started my love of horses. A late comer to the equine world, but I have sure been loving it since!

backwhen2.jpg

Oh Wonderful topic !

So many memories sorry can not just choose one or two.

Our family back 26 years ago, our first horse Reble

We used to take Santa into the Mall in Kitchener, not bad money back than.

$200.00 for 15 minutes of pleasure.

My children are now 26 to 38 years old now.

Thanks for letting me share..

My husband trained him to buggy, sledding, and we showed him with our kids.

Reble-1.jpg

RebleD-1.jpg

RebleE-1.jpg

RebleC-1-1.jpg

One of my first photos 'riding'!!! LOL

1134330399054487620S500x500Q85.jpg

You can see the head of my 'first horse' in the background.....had that donkey until she was 22 years old and we bought her as a weanling!

I still have my first 'real' horse, a mini that I got over 20 years ago....she will be 28 this year...this was taken probably about 10 years ago after a bath

ginger.jpg

I don't seem to have any photos of my first big horse online....

~kathryn

What a wonderful topic!
default_yes.gif
I love seeing all the "old" pics.

I don't have any personally from beyond a few years ago (long story) but I love seeing everyone else's as they are all so obviously filled with great memories.

I don't have any nostalgic pics, but here's a pic of my first horse (I lost him last June, he was 27). [Most of my pics are in albums, not on the computer.]

Cheddar-tongue.jpg

"Ravenwood Cheddar", registered half-Arab gelding.

Well, hope you's do not mind finally found one of me about 25 years ago.

On my horse Reble 15.3 hands and

me only 5 foot and a hat
default_wink.png

I am usually taking the pictures so not many of me.

These where the days, I used to do barrels and pole pending etc. Would not think of it now.

MaryRebleA-1.jpg

I don't have a photo of my first horse, but here is his mother, Trixie. She had personality+. The first shows my brothers, sister and me on her. The second shows her pulling the buggy with us aboard. The photos are about 1958. Her favorite ploy was to gallop under a low-handing tree branch and scrape you off. Then she would come back and lower her head so you could shimmy up her neck onto her back. My sister still has the buggy.

trixie.jpg

This picture isn't of me but it's my great grandfather. I never met him but I think we would have gotten along very well. Every Christmas he would dress up as Santa and deck the horse out as a reindeer and drive up and down the streets in his town.

gpa2-1.jpg

This is a great thread, love seeing the older pictures. I too will have to scan some in the next couple days when I get time.

After a lifetime of wanting my own horse I finally got one when I was 21. An 11 year old Thorobred mare named Lucky Streaker. She was a handful and taught me everything I know. She is still with me, going strong at 27 years old.

This was at our first fun show.

Luckyshow-1.jpg

Warming up at a 4-H show.

Image1-2.jpg

At the barn where I first boarded her.

15163_1267217808896_1483332928_698103_3964376_n.jpg

Me and my first horse, an 1/2 arab mare named Mishka. I leased her for about a year and had a ball. Taken in the mid 70's.

MishkaSmall.jpg

Just tried to post my 2 photos and the message came up

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE THAT IMAGE EXTENSION ON THIS BOARD.

Any ideas what that's all about.?

This is Sissy saved from the knackery in the early 1960s. Lived out her remaining years in comfort and ease.

scan0017-1.jpg

Danny, 2nd from right in mid 1960s

scan0024.jpg

if at first you don't succeed.

Ok Matty I'll play. Here are a few of Dream and I from our eventing days. He turns 24 next month<sigh>.

drm-2-3d-1.jpg

dr-myr-99.jpg

DRM-1-3D.jpg

Latest posts

Back