Hello! I'm Carri

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carritootle

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Carri and I'm from Georgia. I have an 8 year old 30" chestnut gelding named Hippo. I have had horses all my life and my daughter is a Hunter/Jumper trainer so we have still have a few of her ponies. I have had Hippo for two years and he is my 3rd mini. I lost two previously, both to freak accidents, so I am really overprotective of my baby. One was kicked by a large horse who was accidentally put into a pasture with my mini because someone didn't realize he was outside, and one passed away during gelding (at a clinic, every precaution being taken). Hippo is my best bud and he doesn't really have any purpose other than being my pet! He is very skittish (although he's getting better every day!) so he will is not destined to be a driving pony or therapy mini.
It's so nice to "meet" all of you and can't wait to hear all of your great stories and advice!

Attachments

• IMG_20191124_122616_1.jpg
    IMG_20191124_122616_1.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 7
Hi Carri! Aw, your little guy is precious!! I know where you’re coming from with him being shy...my little Rosie is a bit skittish as well, but it makes those moments when they choose to be closer to you even more special ;) I’m so sorry you lost your other two is such terrible ways...I wouldn’t blame you for bubble wrapping Hippo! I’m glad you still have him to love and spoil! Welcome to the forum!

Latest posts

Back