Northeast Mini Clinic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millstone Farm

Reaction score
What with the big Nor'easter that blew in Sunday, many club members lost power. Thankfully, Kim was able to drive not too far from her farm to send me these photos from a Wi Fi source!

As you can see, the turnout was great! We had 60+ people.

Who knew there were so many mini people in Maine! What a great group of people attended!

Here are a few pics from Saturday

Here is Danielle Hill showing how she begins training a halter horse:

April07Clinic026.jpg

April07Clinic023.jpg

And club member Dru Crowell working with youth members:

April07Clinic009.jpg

That's my little Gillie girl there in the first pic with Peas. Very cool!! :bgrin

Looks like the Northeast clinic was very successful!!! I wish I could have gone up there but couldn't due to issues with barn help, rotten weather, and preparation for the McCabe driving clinic. Looks like everyone had a great time!!!

Hopefully there will be more clinics like this in the future!!!

Melanie-

Your kids were so good! Poor Chant didn't know what to make of his very public clipping and facial treatment, did he!?!

And your mare caught on very quickly to the halter training and what Peas wanted her to do.

A big thanks to you and to David and Lisa for bringing the demo horses.

The Northeast Miniature Horse Club will be holding a number of clinics annually, as there seems to be a big need in the Northeast region for quality clinics with top quality trainers. This was only the start of what we plan to offer our members. We hope to bring back to this region enthusiasm for these horses and give owners the skills to achieve their long range goals.

Don't forget, this weekend is our massive three-day driving clinic with Mike McCabe! I know I can't wait!!!

And then it's on to our first show of the season Memorial Day Weekend! I hope to see lots of the new faces I met at the clinic!

Jenifer

I attended this clinic and all I can say is WOW! It was very informative with Veterinarians from New England Equine Medical Surgical Center, A rep from Purina Feeds and Danielle Hill. Everyone was so nice, it was well organized with interesting topics discussed by experts in their fields. Danielle was just awesome! She is so knowledgeable, pleasant and willing to share her expertise. What an outstanding horsewoman. Great items for sale and in the silent auction,not to mention the delicious lunch. Way to go Northeast members :aktion033: ! I'm looking forward to future clinics.
default_yes.gif
:

We had a very nice time, thanks to all that made it happen! I, personally, learned a LOT! It was great to see so many there, and wonderful seeing faces that I haven't seen over this long, dreary winter. Mikaela really enjoyed learning about the braiding and Dru's presentation on starting a hunter horse. She was very taken by the horse with the beautiful blue eyes and wide blaze. He was a total inspiration to her as she came to me, telling me all about him right away when the presentation was over.

Thanks so much for a GREAT clinic! We'll definitely be returning next year!

Jodi

Nice pictures Jen and looked like everyone was having a good time and learning too.

Nice pictures Jen and looked like everyone was having a good time and learning too.

Looks like everyone had a VERY good time. I'm glad to have been on the "clinic committee" but would like to give credit where credit is due... ALL the committee members AND the attendees are what made this clinic a success.

Looking forward to seeing you all at our May Holiday Invitational
default_smile.png

MEADOW

Latest posts

Back