No chance to marestare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a cutie Vickie! Congratulations!
default_wub.png
Love all the photos of her!
Thanks. I can't believe how calm she is.

Vickie this is a pic from a while ago of Finn's eye, I will try take one tomorrow morning... if he will let me lol he is such a snuggle bug n squirmer its real hard to get a pic LOL

View attachment 6663

View attachment 6664 when he was one day old not a very good shot of his eye... but you can kinda see it there... I certainly think the blueness is getting larger not smaller... (in my opinion...)

will get some pics tomorrow for you
default_smile.png
I hope she has a blue eye
default_smile.png
Now, those are pretty blue eyes. He is such a cutie pie. What is the title of his original thread on the post. I want to read all about him. I hope Elvis' eyes end up that blue!

Thank you
default_smile.png
I love him so much, his thread is Suzie had a gorgeous colt... it is on the second page... I'll put the pics up on Penny's thread if you like, will do a timeline :D could be fun n you can see how much he has changed :D

I hope Elvis gets beautiful blue eyes too!! I love blue eyes so much! hehe

Hey Vickie how is your little guy Elvis going?

how is that poll going on the ring test?? I couldn't find it on the main page... very interested, I saw want Penny to have that suspected filly!!

Hey Vickie how is your little guy Elvis going?

how is that poll going on the ring test?? I couldn't find it on the main page... very interested, I saw want Penny to have that suspected filly!!
Hi Cassie. Elvis is doing good. Had to dose him for worms early since his mom passed some down to him. He and Breezy have become big buds out in the corral. If I had not been so many chores today I could have snapped some cool pix of him trying to rear up on her neck. He is too short to even get there. She is such a love bug she puts her neck over his back side and looks like she is protecting him. They also had some "races". I do worry about Elvis. He gets excited easy and sounds raspy....like he has a rattle. Doc said as long as his nose is not runny not to worry. Breezy, on the other hand is bomb proof. She doesn't mind the halter. You can touch her ears, eyes, and do anything with her. Elvis is typical boy just waiting to have a coniption fit.
default_new_let_it_all_out.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to see more of Breezy and Elvis together (hint hint)
default_yes.gif

Oh, and Cass, as far as the ring/nail test thread nobody has posted lately. Of course we are just now getting to foal season typically and not everyone does the test. The way I see it either they will or will not post. It started out looking very accurate. Then got to looking about 50% accurate...well go figure...there is a 50% chance of both sexes.
default_517.gif
default_doh.gif
default_517.gif

I got both the pink and blue foal blanket from a closeout sale a couple of years ago. I am not sure from where but they were normally around 30-40 bucks and I got them cheap, maybe 5 bucks. I will see if I can find them in tax receipts but doubt the company would have them anymore. They are made by Kensington according to the label.

Blue eyes are a funny thing! You can get a range of shades from icy blue to a sky blue, and you can get partial blues!

In foals you CAN get baby blues that fade out to normal or slighltyl lighter brown with age. I think some can darken as well. Only blues I will rely on are the ones that make themselves obvious from the start
default_new_rofl.gif

You can see the colour of Fantasy's eyes without any flash or close ups:

FantasyFoal.jpg

Her son only has a fleck but it is very obvious amongst the darkness of his eye, and is louder in person!:

storm18.jpg

I have a blue eye addiction but sadly just these two and one other who has ONE blue eye so far. They do seem to be an aquired taste though, some judges really hate them!

315.JPGOk, was not great weather for pictures but I got these inside the barn. Blue-eyed Elvis tasting my pj bottoms. And for Cassie: Litty Kitty brought her 3 babies out from under the house and put them under this old piece of furniture in the barn...pretty sure their eyes will not stay blue. I so hate trying to give kittens away!

347.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a cute shot of Elvis! lol And of course very cute kittens!

Awww gorgeous baby pictures - glad the kitties have reappeared and that little Elvis is just so very cute, bless him!

Elvis is doing good...I think he knows he is cute. I hope to get the little guy wearing a halter soon. Maybe it I order one of those cabbage patch ponies it will come with a halter to fit Elvis.

Latest posts

Back