New wooden cart shafts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly in AR

Reaction score
Where can I get new wooden cart shafts? I think I have an old jerald cart. It has coil springs under the seat.

Thanks

You can get cart shafts from several different places. Most are pretty generic as far as getting them to fit. And they can be custom made. But here is a site I found with the best prices:

http://www.buggy.com/index.html

I ordered the new shafts from Jerald on April 7, 2009. I sent a money order for $259.83. I also ordered holdback hardware, which was around $25, I think, which was included in that total. I dont' think they sent an itemized invoice, so I am not able to look up exact prices. I only have the MO receipt.

The first time I used them, my breeching buckles rubbed a raw place. Grrrrr!

I did save my old shafts. They were fine to use, but scuffed. At least I can use them for spares in an emergency--God forbid!

Thanks for the help, I think I have found some that will work. My old shafts are ok but they are really long since I used to show a larger Hackney pony in roadster. I am wanting to use on a 38" mini.

Thanks

Kelly

Latest posts

Back