New Uniform Policy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnovak

Reaction score
Today starts our new uniform policy-and I HATE it! I work as nurse in a premiere nursing unit, we've always worn pretty printed scrub jackets with scrub pants to match, the residents love the colors and prints,as do the staff. Over the weekend, I cleaned out all of my uniforms......all 92 of them. The NEW policy dress code is....navy blue jacket, white polo shirt, khaki pants. EVERY DAY. EVERY day. Dressed just LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. Every day. All I can think of is "Attention Walmart associates!" "Will a Giant associate please report to register 3?" Hot/cold with the seasons. Very visible cat hair from my 5 indoor cats. And the $$$$$$ that I had to spend for such horrid attire. I've worked here for over 11 years, but am now seriously considering a job change. Management/administration will only pay for 2 polo shirts, we have to pay for everything else. I hate it. It's boring. No individuality. We're going to be like a bunch of clones-one nurse said "clowns" and was given a 2 day suspension. Reprimands for noncompliance are....first offense verbal warning, second offense written warning, third offense sent home to change into proper attire without pay for time out of the building, fourth offense termination. I figure by Friday I'll be fired and looking for a differnt job. I hate polo shirts and collars and knits. I hate polo shirts tucked in-don't need anything pressing on my sciatic nerve. I hate the colors. Now the uniform police will be doing inspections daily. I feel like a Stepford nurse.

never heard of a nurse not being able to wear scrubs,,,pretty stupid dresscode. we have a dress code at work and i hate it. no one sees us at all, so i just dont get our code.

Bah humbug to the administration for making that decision!

Premiere or not.....colorful help make the residents more joyful....

ugh...

hope it all works out for you!

Hmmm, not that is at all the same, but several years ago when the race tracks started mandating that all the clerks should wear a certain uniform, it was found out that if a company mandates a certain code, then they must pay for it. It ended up with the tracks paying for the polos, (which I hate also!), and were just told to wear any solid color pants, nothing checked or striped.

See if you can find out anything about that law that they have to pay for it if they mandate it. Won't make you feel any better, but at least you don't have to pay for something you don't like to wear.

Today starts our new uniform policy-and I HATE it! I work as nurse in a premiere nursing unit, we've always worn pretty printed scrub jackets with scrub pants to match, the residents love the colors and prints,as do the staff. Over the weekend, I cleaned out all of my uniforms......all 92 of them. The NEW policy dress code is....navy blue jacket, white polo shirt, khaki pants. EVERY DAY. EVERY day. Dressed just LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. Every day. All I can think of is "Attention Walmart associates!" "Will a Giant associate please report to register 3?" Hot/cold with the seasons. Very visible cat hair from my 5 indoor cats. And the $$$$$$ that I had to spend for such horrid attire. I've worked here for over 11 years, but am now seriously considering a job change. Management/administration will only pay for 2 polo shirts, we have to pay for everything else. I hate it. It's boring. No individuality. We're going to be like a bunch of clones-one nurse said "clowns" and was given a 2 day suspension. Reprimands for noncompliance are....first offense verbal warning, second offense written warning, third offense sent home to change into proper attire without pay for time out of the building, fourth offense termination. I figure by Friday I'll be fired and looking for a differnt job. I hate polo shirts and collars and knits. I hate polo shirts tucked in-don't need anything pressing on my sciatic nerve. I hate the colors. Now the uniform police will be doing inspections daily. I feel like a Stepford nurse.
How stupid is that? It's not like most facilities are aren't dying (literally) for lack of qualified nurses, now they are going to dictate a uniform that differs from practically every other medical facility in the country? Does someone's brother in law own the company you're supposed to order them from?

First day went terrible- I was SOOOO uncomfortable!!!! And everyone looked alike, like I was seeing double/triple/quadruple!! Couldn't tell which staff member was at the end of the hall! Felt like a sheep. I also heard that adm. must pay for required clothing-Labor Board I think. Will check into it. Also will be checking into other employment options.....I worked VERY hard to become a nurse-I don't want to look like one of the 'boys' or spend most of the shift being so uncomfortable, or searching for a lint roller. Just about all the staff on my shift are unhappy-MAYBE we can discuss with management/administration on changing back to our old policy.

Latest posts

Back