New to the forum

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimlucky13

Reaction score
I am new here to the forum. I found this site while messing around at work :bgrin I love it!!

I just thought I would introduce myself. I would like to show off some pics but I can't figure out how. My name is Kim, I love horses. My husband and I bought my 7 y/o niece a TWH for her birthday and I have always loved and wanted a horse, so I bought one for myself, now, I have only ever been on a horse twice in my life but it sounded like a good idea. Only the first time I got on him, he spooked right and I went left, breaking my arm. That was July 9 and I am now getting ready to go in for surgery. Anyway, the two younger nieces (6 & 5) wanted horses but were intimidated by the size so I thought,,,,hmmm, mini's; within 2 months we now have 3 and a half mini's, 2 stallions, a mare, a 4 month old baby and a baby on the way. We pay for the feed, the vet, the ferrier, I take care of them, but the girls are happy as can be.We love them, they are definitely more my speed. I love horses and am not intimidated by them when I'm on the ground, but on top of them is a whole other story, I don't bounce as well as I use to.
default_wacko.png
: Problem solved, mini's. No chance of me climbing onto one of their backs. The baby thinks she's a dog, she will curl up on your lap, she chases my nieces around the pasture and thinks they are her play toys. We enjoy them immensley. I wish I would have thought about mini's before we got the big horses. I sold mine and my niece still has hers. As soon as I figure out how, I will post pics, I have some adorable ones.

Welcome to the message board and congratulations on your new minis :aktion033:

Hi and welcome from Pennsylvania. You'll find this forum to be fun and interesting. I always enjoy seeing new people here. Hope your arm heals fast and well. Give your neices a big HI :saludando: from Pennsylvania too.

Welcome to the board from a fellow Ohioan. :saludando:

Welcome to the forum.

My name is JJay and my husband is Kim Porter. We have 6 minis and 2 goats and are in North Central KY (near Lexington). We have no human children, only the four legged kind (including cats, dogs as well as the grazing ones).

You can see our "mini" farm and critters at http://foxhollerfarm.com if you would like.

Our minis are now lawn ornaments -- and I drive one of them, a gelding named Platinum. I have hopes to train a few more of them to drive. If I ever get around to it.

At one time in my life I breed Dutch Warmbloods and Holsteiners and rode -- dressage and combined training.

At this time I drive -- and have competed in one CDE so far -- my objective is to someday have a pair of minis and compete at Prelim level with them. Want a 4 wheel carriage and to be able to take others along for the drive.

I look forward to seeing your future posts and learning more about you.

Again, welcome to LilB.

Hello and welcome from another ohioan what part of ohio are you from ?

Hello and welcome-I am an Ohio transplant formerly from LA Calif. I am near Cincinnati!!

:saludando: welcome,

we are glad to have new members. We live in Brandon, Ms. We have several minis.

See our minis on our site. www.paintbynumbersranch.net

you will love the forum. Very nice folks on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi kimlucky13! Welcome from the great state of Oklahoma! And welcome to this great new world you have found....the mini world! I think you'll enjoy this board. we try to share information, answer questions, discuss horsey topics, BRAG on our little ones and we looooooooove pictures! We'll look forward to seeing your little ones
default_yes.gif
:

Charlotte

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am also pretty new, I just joined a week or so ago. And, I am also from Ohio!!
default_yes.gif
:

i gotta tell you, that is so strange, my maiden name was Porter, so I was Kim Porter. :bgrin That is just an odd little coincidence.

Welcome to the forum.

My name is JJay and my husband is Kim Porter. We have 6 minis and 2 goats and are in North Central KY (near Lexington). We have no human children, only the four legged kind (including cats, dogs as well as the grazing ones).

You can see our "mini" farm and critters at http://foxhollerfarm.com if you would like.

Our minis are now lawn ornaments -- and I drive one of them, a gelding named Platinum. I have hopes to train a few more of them to drive. If I ever get around to it.

At one time in my life I breed Dutch Warmbloods and Holsteiners and rode -- dressage and combined training.

At this time I drive -- and have competed in one CDE so far -- my objective is to someday have a pair of minis and compete at Prelim level with them. Want a 4 wheel carriage and to be able to take others along for the drive.

Again, welcome to LilB.

welcome, i to was thrown off a horse like that. But my horse was a TWH that was hunted off of, and one day we rode in the arena a cat walked under his feet, he spooked, took off with me, we gallopped the whole arena 1 1/2 times, then right down the middle he was about to run into the fence, he took a 90 degree right turn and i went straight! Ever since then I have been dealing with minis also, they are easier to handle, and when they accidently step on your foot it doesnt hurt! My 2100 lb belgian stepped on my foot and broke it in so many places, it still hurts at times and its been over a year ago. So all we have are minis now.

little town called Sebring, between Salem and Alliance, northwest of Canton

Welcome to the forum.

Again, welcome to LilB.

Welcome to LB from Wisconsin! :saludando:

oops, I posted this as a reply on someone else
default_wacko.png
: Little town called Sebring, between Alliance and Salem, northeast of Canton

Hello and welcome from another ohioan what part of ohio are you from ?

Kim:

i gotta tell you, that is so strange, my maiden name was Porter, so I was Kim Porter. That is just an odd little coincidence.
My husband's name is Kimberly Scott Porter --- have no idea why they did not call him Scott instead of Kim --- there are no other Kim's in his family -- and Kim is not normally a "guy" name in this area -- so go figure. His nickname is "kimmie" -- he also has a sister named Peggy --- and we have a Peggy Porter here on the forum.

I agree that is an odd coincidence.. Hee Hee

JJay

Latest posts

Back