New to Minis and the Forum

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HGFarm2

Reaction score
Hi all. I am the daughter at Heather Glen Farm. My name is Jennifer and I just wanted to say hi. :saludando:

I have always had or been involved with big horses and never thought I would have a mini, let alone 2. I always gave my mom a hard time about what the heck those are good for. I can tell you I am having fun with mine and my daughter is as well!! I have started her little mare on driving and we are having fun carting around the neighborhood. (Thank you Mona, for breeding such a cute little mare and to Carol for sending my girls to me!) Can't wait till my Moms stallion is hooked up and ready to go with us.

Anyhow, we are looking forward to the 2007 show season and I know my daughter will have tons of fun in the youth classes! She is one up on me as she has at least helped the neighbor show hers, but I have only shown big horses a few times, done lots of gymkhana and love getting out on the trail so I am in a whole new world with these guys! The fun show we went to last weekend was my first time in the ring as well as my mares. I figured we would do good if we could just go in and the girls would stand still, I was super surprised that they placed and placed so well!! :aktion033: What great girls! Well enough about me. Just a big HI to all!!!!!

Jennifer

Welcome to the forum Jennifer. Will be looking forward to your posts and must get us some pics too. I'm new to driving but have had my minis for a while. Can always use driving tips! Have fun!

Welcome to the board Jennifer!
default_smile.png

Welcome to the forum Jennifer. Will be looking forward to your posts and must get us some pics too. I'm new to driving but have had my minis for a while. Can always use driving tips! Have fun!

Thank you. I am new to driving as well! LOL!! We are just winging it. The basic groundwork I did like if you were breaking a big one for riding. You must have go and stop and turning at least. We also worked on backing although when they try backing the first time with a cart, makes them stop to think about that and kind of weirds them out. She is doing well. We just need to work on fine tuning like head set and working trot versus extended trot withoug going 100 miles an hour. She can boogie and she loves the going fast part. I thought about miniature horse cart racing. :new_shocked:

Jennifer

Thank you!!

Welcome :saludando: Jennifer to the forum from the thumb area of Michigan.
default_yes.gif
: You will enjoy and learn from this great group of people on the forum. :bgrin

hi jennifer nice to meet you!!! hey maybe you need to make that mare a roadster horse :lol: better buy ya some silks!

hi jennifer nice to meet you!!! hey maybe you need to make that mare a roadster horse :lol: better buy ya some silks!

I thought about that too, but she is "supposed" to be my daughters country pleasure horse. :lol:

Jen

WELCOME :saludando: Hope you enjoy this forum
default_yes.gif
: Joyce

Hi Jennifer and welcome to the forum!

I'm glad your mom finally won you over to miniature horses. She's a great lady!

Enjoy your new passion and stick around, don't be shy! Post pictures when you can!

Hugs, Lauralee

Hi Jennifer and welcome to the forum!

I'm glad your mom finally won you over to miniature horses. She's a great lady!

Enjoy your new passion and stick around, don't be shy! Post pictures when you can!

Hugs, Lauralee

Thank you, she posted a Fun Show Weekend thing on here that has a couple of pics on it. Probably won't have any great pics till the spring when we get rid of the wooley coats. Heck, I thought my daughters little mare was plain brown. It turns out she is actually a smokey black. Strange!!

Jennifer

hi jennifer :saludando: welcome to the forum from very very cold frosty but sunny Ireland :saludando:

Hi Jen and welcome to the forum from a fellow driving enthusiat in Ontario Canada!!! :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:
:saludando: Welcome from Wisconsin!

Like you, I have always had big horses (quarter horses) and then grew to love the minis...you will be hooked for life now
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back