New to LB from WA state ;) "Hello!"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candi

Reaction score
Morning.

My name is Candi and my husband and I live in WA state. We run a show barn (WP, HUS, Dressage & Halter) for mostly breed horses (APHA, ApHC, PtHA).

I was hired to judge an open show 3 years ago that was 1/2 mini and pony classes... Went there NOT owning any minis/ponies. Came back with 3! LOL! Since then have bought/sold both AMHR and ASPC, but have finally started to realize we need direction! At one point got up to 16 ponies/minis! UGH! LOL

Since we've slimmed down. You folks should put a WARNING label on these little suckers ;) HIGHLY ADDICTIVE!

Anyhoo - I purchased a nice dual registered stallion last year from several states away - that (as I peruse the forums here was bred/raised through a member) - that's from the Lucky Hart Ranch. He's an aged stallion that was shown as a yearling, but then used as a herd sire until I bought him.

Needless-to-say, I don't own anything that can't/won't be shown... we didn't make it to many shows with him this past year - but did make it 2 three - and while he did VERY well (halter only this year) - finished Res Champion overall - we're going to be cart-training him this winter as I think he's definitely got the potential - but I would LOVE opinions on his fitting/overall appearance from last year (good/bad/ugly). Thoughts for this next year. Etc...Want to cart train him, but keep him in "decent" enough halter shape!

He's a 9yr old AMHR/PtHA 35" stallion. He "sat" in a field as a breeding stallion from ages 2-8. Then we put him back in the show ring. Most shows ended up top 2 - if not top 3 in every class - winning most.

http://www.facebook....100000818344393

Hope that picture link worked... never know!

Thank you for your "ear" and your thoughts on our boy...

Candi (who has FAR too much snow in WA state)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! and welcome! I am Becca , we have 18 or so minis lol we are in idaho!! this is a great site, very imfomative and everyone is sooo nice!!

btw your boy is beautiful!!

Hi, welcome from central Iowa!!! That horse is very gorgeous!!! You will learn loads on this forum from lots of awesome people with tons of experience!

Love Pintos...Nice Stallion

PicWelcome.jpg

Welcome Candi!

I do believe that we are already friends on Facebook, as we battled back and forth to get some Pinto shows on the East side of the mountains here in WA. I live in Walla Walla, and have been involved with the mini world for the last 20 years off and on. But am back in full force now :) I show mostly on the AMHA but am hoping to hit some AMHR and pinto shows this year. Very cool to see another big horse turned mini enthusiast! I grew up showing Appaloosas, and moved to the minis.

Love your boy, he is very pretty! As far as fitting/conditioning, its a lot of hard work but totally worth it. I try to keep mine in decent halter condition year round with a tad bit of extra weight in the winter. They do get worked year round however. If you are planning on driving him, that will help a lot with conditioning. Hope to meet you and see your boy at a show sometime!

Welcome Candi!

I do believe that we are already friends on Facebook, as we battled back and forth to get some Pinto shows on the East side of the mountains here in WA. I live in Walla Walla, and have been involved with the mini world for the last 20 years off and on. But am back in full force now :) I show mostly on the AMHA but am hoping to hit some AMHR and pinto shows this year. Very cool to see another big horse turned mini enthusiast! I grew up showing Appaloosas, and moved to the minis.

Love your boy, he is very pretty! As far as fitting/conditioning, its a lot of hard work but totally worth it. I try to keep mine in decent halter condition year round with a tad bit of extra weight in the winter. They do get worked year round however. If you are planning on driving him, that will help a lot with conditioning. Hope to meet you and see your boy at a show sometime!
Thank you all for the warm welcomes ;) We're already pretty proud of our former "breeding pet" and we're not even started yet!

Yes! We're on the Northwest Pinto group together ;) And yes! I'd sell an arm for some PtHA shows over this way! Showing and judging 4 breed circuits - makes for NO time - if they'd combine shows together like ABRA and ApHC has... life would get SO much easier and I'd bet dollars-to-diamonds participation would go UP!

Welcome Candi - I live in Washington also! We are in the foothills of the Cascades in Duvall which is east of Seattle by about 40 miles - where are you located? I have been breeding miniatures for nearly 30 years so if you have any questions I might be able to help. You can find my contact info on my website: www.mountainmeadowsminiatures.com

Stacy

Hi, welcome to the forum! LOVE your buckskin girl.
default_wub.png
I live in Snohomish and show the AMHR and combined driving circuits with my two mini boys. Hopefully I'll see you around at the shows this year!

Leia

Welcome! I am going to try and do all three registries this year
default_smile.png
So, maybe I will meet you in person
default_smile.png

Welcome from a "former" Oregonian (OK, not quite...I'll always be an Oregonian...lol)...just moved to Florida 3 months ago.
default_saludando.gif

Yes, Minis/Ponies are very addictive...lol

Glad to see you here on the Forum!!
default_yes.gif

Welcome to LB the whole way from Pennsylvania!

I also bred APHA, an AQHA horses and then Warmbloods before I switched to minis.... oh boy can I ever collect them!

They are too much fun. And if you are a rider, you will love driving.

Though I still have my biggies and hope to get my APHA mare in foal in a few months, also have a wonderful Friesian that I LOVE to ride(dressage).... The minis are my main focus

Have a wonderful time... maybe we will see you sometime along the show trail.

Hello from Rochester Washington!!!

Are you doing some of the shows in Spanaway or Elma? We will be there. Probably hanging around Nickie!

Glad you are here! www.thecrabbychickenranch.com

Hi from Monroe, WA. I bet you will have a lot of fun driving your fella. I compete mostly in AMHR and combined driving. I have a few pintos and have been thinking about possibly showing a little pinto...

Hi Candi and Welcome from Southern Oregon!! Your boy looks very nice! Would show well in PtHA! I show Pinto in Oregon and actually plan on going up to Washington next year for the Pinto Jubilee show that my local club and Cascade Pinto are putting on in Spanaway. Maybe we'll see you there!! Minis are very addictive! I'm "down" to 12 but have 2-3 on the way come spring!
default_smile.png

Welcome Candi - I live in Washington also! We are in the foothills of the Cascades in Duvall which is east of Seattle by about 40 miles - where are you located? I have been breeding miniatures for nearly 30 years so if you have any questions I might be able to help. You can find my contact info on my website: www.mountainmeadowsminiatures.com

Stacy
Thank you Stacy ;)

We're in the Spokane area. I appreciate all the guidance. ;)

Hi, welcome to the forum! LOVE your buckskin girl.
default_wub.png
I live in Snohomish and show the AMHR and combined driving circuits with my two mini boys. Hopefully I'll see you around at the shows this year!

Leia
Thanks! We are pretty happy with her. Was going to show her, but she's only been a broodie and her ribs are pretty sprung. Figure she's happy with her motherly life - and I have younger critters that need jobs! Super super excited though about this cross...

Would love to do CDE with the minis/ponies - did it with Morgans years ago - but NO more time!

Welcome! I am going to try and do all three registries this year
default_smile.png
So, maybe I will meet you in person
default_smile.png
Hopefully, though with campaigning our 4yr old ApHC mare for Nationals and Worlds... our schedule will be VERY tight - but will manage to get some shows for the minis/ponies in!

Latest posts

Back