New to Forum

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiLo Minis

Reaction score
Hi I am not really new to the Forum. I have been reading replies for quite some time before becoming a member - "lurking" I guess! I've noticed that people introduce themselves when first coming on and I never did that so I thought I would take the opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is Lori. I own MiLo Acres Miniature Horses which consists of around 20 minis give or take a few at any given moment! We raise mostly AMHR horses although several are double registered and a couple are WCMHR as well. I breed for driving and halter quality horses - everyone here over the age of 2 drives! We are located in Ontario, Canada just south of Hamilton.

I got my first mini 15 years ago, a weanling stallion purchased at an auction because he was just so darn cute! Having shown full size horses all my life he was a novelty. Well, I fell in love and the minis have grown while the large horses have dwindled. We are down to one Paint mare and a Hackney gelding that both drive. I lost my 32 year old Quarterhorse mare just a year ago, had her since she was a youngster and miss her terribly.

I have given up my amateur status this year as there are just too darn many people out there that need help with driving - both their horses and themselves. I am a stay at home mom although I work part time for Jim Muir Training Stable. My 4 year old daughter, Mickey, has come to work with me since she was born.

I am a director of the MHCO as of this year after having been a member for the last couple years. We show the MHCO shows as well as the AMHR shows and the Fall Fairs in our area. This year was our first venture to the Nationals in Tulsa which was quite an experience!

Well thats me in a nutshell and now I feel like I have done things properly! Hello to everyone!

PS That is my Mack in the avatar whom I adore! I bought him as a weanling from Getitia and he did really well for me in the show ring this past year. I have just started him ground driving and he will be hitched in the spring. He will be standing at stud on my farm this spring and I am looking forward to some wonderful colour from him!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the message board, but I knew you weren't "new new", as I've admired the mini in your avatar for awhile
biggrin.gif

Welcome from Utah even if it is a little belated
wink.gif
I'm with Jill though I have really liked that horse in your avatar for some time now
wub.gif

[SIZE=14pt]I lived in hamilton 29 years ago for the summer with my friends the Weinharts. They took me to Jim Muirs stable! what a coincidence. The Weinharts and Zimmermans still live in Binbrook.Frankie Weinhart has a boarding stables there now and puts on shows occassionally. [/SIZE]

Lyn

saludando.gif
I will probably be over to see you once(ever) I get things going- I am one of the amateur people who will need the help with the driving- when I get there
biggrin.gif

Tiffany

lyn_j said:
[SIZE=14pt]I lived in hamilton 29 years ago for the summer with my friends the Weinharts. They took me to Jim Muirs stable! what a coincidence. The Weinharts and Zimmermans still live in Binbrook.Frankie Weinhart has a boarding stables there now and puts on shows occassionally. [/SIZE]Lyn

508239[/snapback]

It is indeed a SMALL world isn't it! I don't know the Weinharts personally but I do know of them. Yes Jim has been in business for quite a few years now and is still going strong. He is one of the top trainers in the business and has given me some invaluable advice - terrific boss too!

I lived in downtown Hamilton for a VERY short period in my life and hated every minute of it - much happier back out in the country, not much of a city girl I guess
biggrin.gif

And Tiffany, I would love to help you out with driving! It is my passion and I am glad to introduce anyone else who is interested and willing to learn. Hope to see you soon - come for a visit in the meantime.

Welcome, from another Lori!
smile.gif
I too have admired the horse in your avatar ever since I first saw it, could you tell us more about him/her?

It's great to have you onboard!
aktion033.gif

I wish you were closer! Hard to find driving instructors in my area. I'm hoping to hook up with a wonderful trainer in Eagle Point, but it's still a bit of a treck for lessons. Welcome to the forum from Southern Oregon! Lurking is fun but participating is even more so!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Welcome from the beautiful pine barrens of southern NJ!
saludando.gif
Glad to see another driver join the forum!! When the driving questions get going they sure get deep and intricate. I look forward to your posts!

Hey Lori, it's about time you introduced yourself to everyone!! You obviously know who I am, hee hee It's funny how often we talk at shows and I did not know that you worked for Jim Muir, we showed Paint horses for many years and of course knew Jim.
yes.gif

Welcome Lori! From another local...lucky enough to be close by so we can enjoy your training sessions right at home! A very warm welcome from myself & all the 4-H'ers you've already helped at Littlefoot. We are looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks I hope!

Lurking is fun, great bunch of mini people here!

Hi from Montana!! I've been admiring Mack in your avatar myself. Wondering where you got him! It makes perfect sense that you bought him from Buckeye. He has that look.
wub.gif
I can't wait to buy a horse from there someday!

I am a stay-at-home mom as well and I also help people with driving.
biggrin.gif
I train horses for people for show as well as pleasure driving. It's so much fun to help a person see what their horse can accomplish isn't it!? I LOVE it!!

Hi Lori!
saludando.gif
I've seen your posts.
smile.gif
It's great to learn more about you. I also like the horse in your avatar!

Welcome Lori, from Almost Heaven, West Virginia

As you already know, this is a great site to ask questions and learn.

Josie

Willow Springs Farm

Parkersburg,West Virginia

Hello Lori - and a big Ohio welcome
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Mack just keeps looking better and better and how you keep him so white is beyond amazing...............Now wouldn't you love to see a 6 horse hitch of identical Macks' pulling Cinderella's carriage?
wub.gif
wink.gif

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Just sorry it took so long to introduce myself but I didn't realize that was sort of protocol.

Yes Justanothercowgirl I knew you knew Jim and used to show Paints. I have worked there for almost 5 years now - pretty convenient cause its just down the road! Jim is a great guy to work for and has been very helpful to me

To REO and Chamomile: if you're gonna have a pinto mini make it an overo! Love the guys in your avatars too!

Mack's full name is MiLo's Buckeye Captain Mack Splash - what a mouthful hey! Getitia let me name him but I wanted to get her farm name in as well. She is a great lady to do business with and has some really awesome horses. I hope to be shopping there again in the spring if a certain little red stallion does it again!

I am willing to travel to give lessons to both horses and people although Oregon might be a titch out of the way. LOL

I have already learned quite a bit on the Forum and hope I have helped a few out already as well. You are a nice bunch of people to "know"! But of course you would be - you are mini people!
biggrin.gif

"Now wouldn't you love to see a 6 horse hitch of identical Macks' pulling Cinderella's carriage?"

That would be absolutely dreamy!!! Think I stand a better chance of matching the 6 sorrels though! Come on Papo!

Hi Lori,
saludando.gif
and WELCOME from the northwoods of Wisconsin. Your horse in your avatar is beautiful.
wub.gif
Cant wait to see some pictures of your horses.
yes.gif
Corinne

Hello.. again
rolleyes.gif

It great to see the number of Ontario minis lover growing on this site! I Live in Sutton (1 hour north of Toronto). I was wondering did you show at the CNE? I would love to meet you in person, you seem wonderful! I hope to see you at the show circuit next year
yes.gif
and at the MHCO thing in February. I truly love Mack, he is very beautiful
wub.gif
I would love to meet Pat again...

-Desiree

Latest posts

Back