New show halters finally arrived!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHoofBeats

Reaction score
Ok i'm by far not a professional photographer lol so out of 50 photo's these were some of the best!

First is my 7 month old filly, Diva:

4-17-06halter.jpg

4-17-06halter3.jpg

4-17-0halter2.jpg

(yes I know her halter is too big, it kept sliding down her neck!)

Then my coming 2yr old filly, Delight:

4-17-06halter.jpg

"But moooom, I don't wanna look perky for the camera!"

4-17-06halter2.jpg

"Oooo who's that hunk over there?"

4-17-06halter3.jpg

And last but not least, my B sized snowcap all appy bred stallion, Chase:

4-17-06halter.jpg

4-17-06halter2.jpg

I just didn't know at first who to give the gold jewel nosed halter to...but I know now, Delight is the winner! I think she looks fabulous in it! I just don't have a clue what to get for Chase now...anyone have any ideas? color? style?

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you get the halters? I really like the second one!
default_yes.gif
:

chase needs something more masculine and i would get one with a much wider noseband to break up the length from eye to nose

Thanks you guys! Yes I know Diva's halter is TOO BIG lol whoops but at least she can grow into it!

The first pic I saw of Chase, he was wearing a halter with a thick silver nose band - and yes I would put the band lower on his nose to break up the length, I didn't have a third halter and I wanted to see how he would look in a gold nose band lol...still like silver better! Now if only I could find one of those silver nose band halters for less than $100!

Bighoop - I bought these halters off of a lady who makes them on eBay! The jewel nosed halter was the only one she had like it at the time, i'm sure she'll get more but i'm so glad it fits my filly Delight AND it looks good on her! I thought it would look too busy with her spotted face but I like it on her!

Here's her online eBay store for anyone interested - a lot of people from here have purchased from her, she makes great halters!

http://stores.ebay.com/Quicksilver-Exotic-...ameZL2222QQtZkm

The halters are very pretty,

Please be careful with them. I had used such a halter one time on my gelding and had a youth showing him and she yanked not once but twice on the halter and the beads raked right across his nose cutting him good and deep. Then white hairs came in after that and gosh he now looks stupid.
default_sad.png
Now I have to use a very wide halter just to cover up the 2 white marks on his nose. I'll never use them again.

So please use them beaded halters with care. Just passing this on to all that use beaded halters.

Joyce

charlienose.jpg

Ohhhh ouch! Your poor guy! Ever try hair dye? Not for show, just for at home use to make his nose a little more his color =) He sure is cute though!

I just want to comment that after having the halter on my filly and looking it over real good, the beads are not HUGE and are not sharp. I feel comfortable with having these beads on my fillies nose, they're very comfortable looking. If you request it, this person can probably add on a comfortable betta noseband under the beadwork for a small additional fee, she's been super nice to work with and i've seen a few of her auctions with beaded nosebands have the betta noseband underneath such as this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OlivineCrystal-Miniatu...7QQcmdZViewItem

Very cute noseband there by the way for anyone looking for a double beaded nose band!

Thank you for sharing, I know a lot of people are concerned about the beaded nose bands but I feel Skyla makes them with that precaution in mind =)

edited to add the gold jewel nose halter is flat on the bottom so there's no edges that cut across the nose bridge - very nice!

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are pretty!!....to funny i am looking at buying a couple from her too!..she lives just around the corner from me*S*... :aktion033:

I know*S*...i am going to...i just have to decide what i want!!!LOL
default_rolleyes.gif
: ...to many to pick from!!!LOL

Latest posts

Back