New Pics of Boo

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
As a few of you may remember I bought Boo last fall.

This spring I sent him out to a trainer as I do have high hopes for this little boy. Well last weekend was his first show. He showed well, despite still need some muscel. He started out the spring with not eatting and needing ulcer meds. Once that was fixed he ate like a piggy and was able to be worked.

However as last sunday was comeing to a close at the show things started going wrong, very wrong. He started haveing seizures. So off to the Stillwater Equine Clinic Boo went. I was able to go get him and bring him home Monday morning. HE was fine through the night there and has been ever since. His blood tests are all normal and there is no signs of why this happened. I guess we will chalk it up to a mystery.

Well after talking to the vet about him and watching him last week we feel there is no reason he cant go back into training. So after spending the week home I am heading back up north tommorow to get him back to the trainer. I thought I would take some resent pics of him and show him off a bit.

Over all I think he looks great, he still needs a bit of weight and muscel but he looks better then I could ever do and I cant wait to see him later this season.

So please take a look at Bissel Mounds Poco Boo aka Boo aka Boofer aka Boo Bear. HE is a full brother to Bissel Mounds Monty Carlo. Boo is currently 30.5 " and still a stallion. I have not decided yet to geld or keep him as my future stud. However I have plenty of time as there isnt anything there to geld yet.

This is Boo off of the back of his registration papers as a foal.

f093478e.jpg

Boo the day I brought him home:

f243702a.jpg

And this is Boo tonight. You will have to excuse the quality of the pics. Mom was takeing them and I think she was focuseing on me more then horse at times. Also please excuse the big halter. Its the only show halter I had there and its my senior geldings halter so I had to try and make it do able.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

ee5e2de8.jpg

ee5e2c33.jpg

ee5e29dc.jpg

ee5e27ac.jpg

ee5e2518.jpg

ee5e2129.jpg

I like him, Ashley...I wish the side shots showed all of his legs and hooves, but in the last two shots he looks really leggy for his size. He gives the impression of being a much taller horse. Nice neck. His shoulder angle looks quite different from picture to picture, so I think that his spots create an optical illusion...as you said, some more muscling should help define the shoulder. Great color!

Is he a yearling or a two-year-old?

I'm sure glad he's doing better!!

He is just a yearling. I had these pics taken out in our horse pasture, which is tall as I have not had any horses out on it for about a month.

All of my other pics of him mom managed to cut his legs off
default_rolleyes.gif
: I am normally the picture taker not her.

Wow :aktion033: hes really gorgeous! Im glad hes doing better, I'm sure he will be quite the looker in the show ring
default_yes.gif
:

Ashley,

Boo is looking great!! I remember seeing him at the auction and wishing I had bought him! I know he has a great home and a great future with you. I'm so glad you are going to show him!

Thank goodness he is feeling better!!

We liked him too when you bought him and he sure has turned into a gorgeous guy. Good luck with him.

Honestly Ashley, you know I am a dedicated member of the "geld them ALL" club, BUT, I would hold off on this one, I have always thought you were jumping the gun but, he is your horse!!

I think he is very, very nice, he is, as you say, a tiny wee bit sparse, shall we say, but he is a yearling colt, they grow in and out of themselves in a moment, I know all too well how hard it is to condition yearling colts!!!

I think you have him just right going on perfect and I would hold off gelding him if there is no good reason to.

You cannot put them back on, but you can take them off at anytime
default_yes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
: :lol:

Oh my gosh!!! He looks so mature now! And soooooooooooooo handsome!!!! I like him and I'd even like him if you painted him plain brown
default_smile.png
He's really nice and I'm happy he is doing well now. He looks like he's got what it takes to really be a good all-around stallion OR gelding for you
default_yes.gif
:

There he is! He looks really great and I'm so glad he's well and he will be happy to have his toys back. ;)

Wouldn't we all! *LOL*

He's sure loud!

Thanks for sharing!

Liz

He just turned a year old in May or June, but is still very much baby like. HE acts all mucho and stallion like until another horse comes over then he had the baby talk mouth going on like "dont hurt me im just a baby"/

He was a bit jumpy after her issues but has calmed back down nicely.

I cant take credit for his conditioning thou as like I said he is/was out in training from March on.

The only reason for gelding him is im not allowed a stallion at either place I keep my horses. HOwever I have a friend that is selling out of her big horses and then she will let me use her pastures for the up keep of her fence and barn. So it works out well for me.

I have convinced mom Boo needs to be home over the winter, plus its not like he will be much of a issue as he isnt even droped fully to geld and he doenst at this point have much intrest in the girls anyway. I also plan to send him back out next year so he would be leaveing in Feb/March anyway.

The thing I like best about Boo is that he dont have that "ugly appy head" that alot of them have.

Cherokee Rose- IF you go with Jody up to Renees for a photo shot(I beleive she is doing one) he will be there.

He just turned a year old in May or June, but is still very much baby like. HE acts all mucho and stallion like until another horse comes over then he had the baby talk mouth going on like "dont hurt me im just a baby"/
It cracks me up when horses do that. When DunIT got here, as a long weanling, he was all "hey baby, I got what you need" to Firefly through the fence. Then when Sundance and Eclipse, Firefly's geldings, came over he was all "I'm just a baby" to them with the baby mouth thing. It's pretty funny!

I also love Boo's head. Love the length and set of his neck, too. Like I said, I'd like him in a plain brown wrapper so the color is just the icing on the cake!

I do plan on going to Renee's place to help Jodie with photo shoot. I'll be excited to see your spotted boy
default_yes.gif
: are we taking pics of him too? I guess I too would hold off on gelding him just yet...

I haven't said much yet but I did add some new spots to my herd this year I bought a new buckskin leopard stallion and Tom is not happy with me
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Well Boo is back at the trainers. ONly took me 3 hours to get there! :new_shocked: Seems the farther north you go, the less they mark roads. Lets just say I had plenty of backing practice.

Cherokee do you have pics of him?

Boo also says to tell you he would surely like it if you would let Secret and Irresistable come live with him!
default_yes.gif
: :new_shocked:

Just back from a show and quickly scanning over Lil Beg forum. So glad your Boo is doing good and we wish him to continue being healthy. He is so pretty and you can be very proud of him. Sounds like you had some a few scary moments.

Latest posts

Back