New Mini

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.E.F.

Reaction score
Well we have a new mini... AM I OUT OF MY MIND :eek: could it be senility or am I just an easy touch?? We now have a mini in the house... He was abandoned by his Mother at 5 weeks old. He is eating soft foods, getting house trained, and keeping me up at night. He has decided it is play time after the lights are out.

He definately is an ankle biter, and anywhere else he can get a hold on, watch the bare toes..

Hope you enjoy the pics.

bruno3.jpg

bruno2.jpg

bruno.jpg

He is a Min-Pin. They are known to be roudy and loud. House breaking is not too hard he already; he crys to go outside; but stoping that whine he has is going to be a chore. He will whine until I pick him up, Do you think that was a bad mistake I made from day one??
default_unsure.png
: The little begger wants to play all night and sleep all day.

Thank goodness I am a night owl too..

Last edited by a moderator:
way too cute!! jess i couldnt get the pics to show in email.

to get them not across the page go back and edit.

do one pic then space a couple lines then do another pic. that way they will go down the page instead of across.

I love your pup!

He is a Min-Pin. They are known to be roudy and loud. House breaking is not too hard he already; he crys to go outside; but stoping that whine he has is going to be a chore. He will whine until I pick him up, Do you think that was a bad mistake I made from day one??
default_unsure.png
: The little begger wants to play all night and sleep all day.

Thank goodness I am a night owl too..
Your puppy is absolutely adorable! I have had 3 Min Pin's and they were all neither rowdy or loud. That is like saying all Dobies are mean. The way you handle and train the puppy will have the biggest effect on his behavior. If you play with him all night he will learn to be a night owl. If you pick him up every time he whines, he will expect it. It's up to you. Good luck with him........he's a real DOLL!

Jess,

I would have to pick him up when he whines too! He's WAY too cute.
default_wub.png
:

Congratulations on your new addition!

Jodi

OMG what is this a let's see how much we can cut off the dog contest??

In spite of the mutilation (which is not your fault or choice, I know) he is cute, and as with all orphans I commend you for taking him in.

In answer to your questions, Yes, you are nuts and Yes it probably is a sign of senility.

Trust me, I know!!!
default_smile.png

Oh he is cute. I have a 13 year old min pin that is the sweetest dog. But in her younger years she was an ankle biter too.

Thanks everyone!! He is just a typical pup right now and I know he will grow out of this puppy stage soon. really all too soon. We have trained many dog from the smallest to the largest. The Last was a Collie that would love to do all kinds of things, one of the best watch dogs I have ever had. Any Dog can be mean, I think it is the training or rather, the lack there of. Most all the dogs that I have had over the years were rescues. And I have seen the full run of abuse to animals. When the chance came for this rescue, and it being a puppy, I just had to have him. He came to me and sat down in my hand then wrapped his front paws around my fingers. He really knew how to win me over I guess. I think the Mother rejected him when he came back from the Vet that did the tail and ears. Could of been the oder of the clinic or something. Me personally I dont care to do this to any dog. But it is done now and he is still clinging to me. So Mother or no He has choosen me and loves to sleep in my arms at the computer ( must be the ticy tack of the keys). We already have a frisby, cloth one and boy does he love it. He is very playful, but listens to me and tries to do what i am teaching him. Rotten, yes to the bone, I have never had an animal that I haven't spoiled.

Thanks again for your comments , by the way his name will be BRUNO.

Jess

How adorable. Thanks for sharing the smiles.
default_wub.png
:

Yes and yes and yes he is too adorable. being an orphan he will learn much quicker and be much more devoted to you! Congrats on your new baby!

What a cutie! I'm in love by just looking at the pics, I don't blame you for falling head over heels!

oh, he is wonderful! i have an 11 year old minpin and she is a little barky but not rowdy! she is great fun and fun to watch! jennifer :saludando:

Too Adorable!!

Family friend had a puppy that would not settle at night and whine all the time. She put and old fashion but safe, ticking clock in the kennel with a snuggly teddy bear,,again animal safe. Only took two nights for the pup to sleep through most of the night.

Good luck with your wee one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back