New Mini Show in Northern IN

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaychupp

Reaction score
Howdy!

My name is Jay Chupp, I am the vice President of the Hoosierland Miniature Horse Club. We are a fairly new club located in Northern Indiana.

I am working on having an AMHA show in our area, I would love to hear from you on any advice about location, dates, etc., also would it work to have a longer show with AMHR shows for a few days, then AMHA shows after that? Any ideas would be appreciated.

I would really like to put on a class act of a show, and we as a club want to think this thing through.

We are looking to do this show sometime in 2011.

Thanks for your help!

ps. We did a "fun show" in 2009, and will do another in 2010. We had such a BLAST at the last one, with classes ranging from Musical Buckets, to dress Your Mini Relay Race, to Obstacle Courses. Young and old........ we all had a smile on our face. A big thanks to Double Diamond farm for hosting this event

Hi Jay! A friend of mine from Indy came to your show this past summer and had a blast! She said she had not enjoyed a horse show as much as that one. Several of us are looking foward to coming this year. Hoosier mini horse enthusiastists applaud your efforts in Northern IN. We will support you in any way we can be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay,

If you don't mind coming a little further north the facility at Centreville MI is very nice, clean, easy to get to w lodging close by. Keep some of those fun classes and some non-rated classes 4H kids can participate in w registered or unregistered horses is nice too.

Other possible Michigan facilities easily accessable from Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, MSU pavilion, and Hastings fairgrounds

Thanks folks.....keep em comin!

That might be a good idea....combining a fun show with a registered stock show, to give 4H kids and people with grade minis a chance to get out too (Really, thats what our club likes to do [anyone is welcome no matter what stage they are in with their minis])

bumping this up...great opportunity for those of us who have been wishing for an AMHA show close enough to attend! I know there are several options in this area and would be willing to help get this going if you need some extra help!

Definitely like the idea of having some classes for un-registered minis. I currently show only ADS because I have no papers on my rescued mini (VSE). Keep us posted on the fun show please!

yes, I will keep you all posted on the fun show, and thanks for the offers to help, we will take you up on that offer!

Hi Jay!

This is exciting news. Be great to have an AMHA show in the neighborhood again!

Jay,

I think that is a great idea. As far as I know there is only one AMHA show in IN, and its southern IN. I would recommend being very careful on choosing dates to not overlap with other shows in the area (a or r). If you had an AMHA show that was a free weekend for me, I would most likely bring horses up to your show. I can't really help with facilities, only to say shop around, and make sure you inspect the facilities before committing to anything to make sure they are suitable and safe.

If you do get things going and need help with a show schedule I would be happy to help! I am on the Mid America Miniature Horse Club's show committee and do our show line-ups. I have good insight into what classes together can cause problems as I showed as a youth, Amatuer, and trainer that does everything, not just one specialty.

If I can help just let me know!

Ashley

thanks for all your offers to help, and input

I will take all the info. to our board and commitee

Jay

whats your idea on having an AMHA show combined with an AMHR show AND a Fun Show?????

Is this overkill?

whats your idea on having an AMHA show combined with an AMHR show AND a Fun Show?????Is this overkill?
What if you had a small fun show as a kind of warm-up on the Friday preceding the Saturday and Sunday AMHA/AMHR shows? Then not only can people with grade minis enjoy the facilities, but the A/R exhibitors can also use it as a training opportunity. You could call it the Casual Friday show.
default_biggrin.png

whats your idea on having an AMHA show combined with an AMHR show AND a Fun Show?????Is this overkill?
What if you had a small fun show as a kind of warm-up on the Friday preceding the Saturday and Sunday AMHA/AMHR shows? Then not only can people with grade minis enjoy the facilities, but the A/R exhibitors can also use it as a training opportunity. You could call it the Casual Friday show.
default_biggrin.png
I think I kinda like this idea

I like the idea, that would give everyone a chance to show at that show. It might be a lot of work to do. 1 day AMHA and 1 day AMHR shows seem to be a lot of work in themselves. But I do miss the days a long long time ago when we had fun classes in our shows. You might have to look into expenses and man power before you can really decide. I've been to several AMHA/AMHR shows, but never one that combined a fun show also. I think it would be worth looking into.

Latest posts

Back