New to AMHA/AMHR! Hello:)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onequarterfarm

Reaction score
Hello! I'm a newbie:) Have shown horses since I was nine, ridden since age four. Unfortunately, I had to have a two level lumbar fusion six weeks ago and no more riding for me:( So I made the leap to minis and haven't looked back! LOL Wanted to introduce myself and my boy, Elvis. Hoping to get him into the show ring soon, he is trained for halter, hunter, jumper, showmanship and obstacle. He will be broke to drive this winter...something totally new to me as well! He is AMHR but I am wondering if I can hardship him into AMHA to give me more shows around here (kentucky) ??

Here is the boy as a two I think, he is four now.

http://www.tpcphoto.com/Indiana-Miniature-Equione-Club/Hoosier-Horse-Park-5-22-2011/Class-1-8/17180926_JD4wxk#!i=1302633084&k=vsg7ddL

Welcome
default_saludando.gif
from the Louisville Ky area..LOVE
default_wub.png
your boy..I wish you had posted in The Miniature Horse forum instead of the Pony Forum..This is a GREAT forum and the people here are just amazing..Please also post in the Miniature Horse forum..I'm sure you would get a lot of Welcomes..

Welcome to the forum from Eastern Iowa! Your boy looks gorgeous! As for hardshipping AMHA, as long as he is 34" or under you can have him hardshipped but price will depend on whether or not he is still a stallion or if he is a gelding. Here is the link to the AMHA Forms online. The price list (work order form) is one of the first things listed. Or you can call AMHA and they will explain the process. http://amha.org/index.asp?KeyName=314

Thanks! I am having him measured next week...he appears to be 34" on the nose..cutting it close. I see where the gelding hardship fee is $200...worth it to me to have more places here to show:) Right now I am having fun with him while I recover from my surgery, and honestly, it's more fun than I've had with horses since I was a little girl:) Excited to learn how to drive, it's something I have never ventured into:)

Welcome from sunny and really hot Arizona!! Oh you will LOVE driving and I can see you are already hooked on it all! Good for you. Yep, as long as your horse can measure in, he can be hardshipped A.... this is the last year for hardshipping. Yep, a great forum here with lots of awesome people!

You LUCKY bum!! I love Kentucky!!
default_yes.gif
I usually show at The Julep Cup which is held in The Horse Park (Lexington) and it's an awesome show!! Anyways, just wanted to say hi & welcome from Sample's Majestic Miniatures in PA.
default_saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back