New little one! No pun intended.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel_cowgirl

Reaction score
Got to tell you a little story first. We thought Ravin was close. About 3am she somehow got the Equipage halter off, mom went out and fixed it, I guess she did the same thing about 5am as well. Mom went out to work the show horses early this morning before it got too hot, she says Ravin was trying jump out of her stall. She was pacing and pawing at the stall door. Mom let her out of her stall into the area around the barn where we sometimes put pregnant mares so we can watch them during the day around 8:30, there were still a couple horses on the walker. Apparently, Ravin was running, bucking, and galloping all over the place in frnot of the barns. Mom says she was still galloping 10 minutes before she foaled. Maybe running is a new sign to look for?
default_smile.png
Anyway about 10:15am Ravin set the beeper off, mom was in the house cooking some breakfast. She only put flip flops on to go outside, figuring the silly horse had gotten the equipage halter off again. Low and behold though she was foaling! It was probably about 10:20am when he was born, outside. Everything was normal. Mom gathered him up and took them in the barn so that the sun and heat didn't bother him. This mare had already had one foal before I bought her, but the last foal she had here she tried to foal outside as well, in mid-afternoon. I guess she's a day foaler.

So, its a BOY!!! He doesn't have a name yet, I'm debating about which one of several to use that I have.

This colt is by Harts Tip Top Flash and out of Royal M Ima Ravin Beauty. (This is her 3rd foal and she's only had colts!)

He's a bay tovero, medicine hat, cheat shield, 1 bright blue eye and the other appears to at least be a partial blue eye if not more. He's got black eye liner around both eyes, even the one that has white hair surrounding it. And although his ears are white, he's got dark hair on the inside of them. He's also got one hoof that has a tiny black spot above it and that hoof has a stripe. He's real refined. We got a rough measurement of about 17", so we suspect he to stay small - hopefully under 30".

Here's a couple pictures of him wet and still not unfolded yet. I'm going to try to get some more pictures later this afternoon while their outside and when he's unfolded some more.

Ravin07_Colt1.jpg
Ravin07_Colt2.jpg

UPDATE! Drier Pics - @ 3 or 4hrs old

Ravin07_Colt_RightSide.jpg
Ravin07_Colt_LeftSide.jpg
Ravin07_Colt3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG...he is gorgeous!! (I'm a huge sucker for eyeliner!!
default_wub.png
: )

Congrats!!! :aktion033:

OMG! When the pix started coming up, I was reading your post and glanced and saw about 1/3 of its face and I said OMG there is my next horse!!!! Then I read that it was a colt!!!! AAGGGHHHH!!!!!! That is exactly what I want in a filly!!!! He is gorgeous! You should be very proud!!! I am jealous!!! See ya Wednesday!!! Sheila :aktion033: :aktion033:

WOWWW!!!

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL COLT! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Congratulations Cammie, he's certainly louder than big brother Noah!

I'll look forward to seeing him in the future.

Cammie,

He's one handsome fella!!!!! CONGRATS

Rita

p.s. Give LaToya (Valiant) a hug from me
default_rolleyes.gif
:

:aktion033:
default_wub.png
:

What an adorable colt...........love his markings.

Glad foaling went fast. Love those mares.

Latest posts

Back