New foal for Mini h Farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minih

Reaction score
It's a filly!!! This is the last one for this year, we had the twins we lost back after Christmas (both boys) and then we had a filly in March and now a filly! This little girl is very leggy and marked up very pretty, so she will probably gray up. Her sire is gray and about half of his babies go gray, usually the ones you wish wouldn't.
default_smile.png
I do love my grays tho! Her sire is our stallion Howdy's Smokin' Gun and her dam is Minih Reble Starlight. Both are on our website. Her sibling from last year is put up to show later after we have him gelded. My husband took a quick shot this morning and it doesn't seem the flash worked right so will take some more later.

It has been a busy last several days, we had an exciting and fun show this past weekend, got home around 9:30 Sunday evening ahead of all the bad weather in Oklahoma, then work yesterday morning. After we come home from a show we all take a day brake, no working, no neck sweats nothing for a day. But last night we went out to feed and all heck broke loose. Our little scotty mix dog "Rags" who is an outside dog got bit by a snake and his whole side of his mouth swelled up. Called the vet, doctored him and watch him til 11:30 last night. Went to bed and was up when the alarm went off at 4:30 this morning to have the foal after several alarm calls during the night. I am at work now, hopefully they do not expect much from me today.
default_wacko.png
Please pray I stay awake! Here she is Miss No Name right now---

New filly

New filly 2

Hope the dog is ok?
Checked on him this morning, he was still pretty swollen, maybe a little better. At least he could close his mouth this morning and is not slobbering all over himself like he was last night. It is still very sore since we can not touch it. I have to call the vet this morning and find out what meds to keep giving him today. My vet told me last night that he should be a lot better by Thursday. I sure hope so, this little guy thinks he runs the farm I hate to see him hurt.

default_wub.png
:wub Congrats...she is beautiful!!! Hope your dog pulls thru quickly and completely!
default_saludando.gif

Congratulations on your colorful filly! She's adorable! And I hope your little dog continues to improve!

Pam C.

Congratulations, Terri!!! She is beautiful and her color/markings are just the icing on that little cupcake!!!

balloons1.gif

Congratulations on your new filly. Love her color. How is Rags doing? I saw a snake close to our barn about 12:30am today. Don't know what kind but was about 3 ft long and 2 1/2 to 3 inch in diameter. Guess it was looking for a dry place or was a water snake enjoying the rain.

We got home this evening and checked on Rags, he is doing very good, in fact I am a little amazed. It is hard to believe he was bit by a snake, we worked the horses this evening and he was right out there running them in the round pen doing his job
default_rolleyes.gif
He is so cute he thinks he has to help, and the horses just think he is a nuisance. (sp?) He still is having a hard time eating, doing it very gingerly, but the swelling has gone down. He is one tough little nut.
default_wub.png

Congratulations! She sure is all girlie, isn't she? And ALL legs!!

Love your new girl and glad to hear Rags is gaining ground on that old snake bite. Those snake bites can get bad sometimes. We had a mare get bitten on her nose and it must have been a poisionus snake because it went on for days and days, got really nasty before it cleared up. Did clear up, finally with treatment and she went on to be fine.

Have to tell you we showed Ron's Duchess at Shelbyville this weekend and she did great, other than she wasn't happy with the ceiling fans in the arena and pinned her ears a time or two. Have to say "THANK YOU" for your and your daughter's help in us aquiring her. She is a special little mare!

Have to tell you we showed Ron's Duchess at Shelbyville this weekend and she did great, other than she wasn't happy with the ceiling fans in the arena and pinned her ears a time or two. Have to say "THANK YOU" for your and your daughter's help in us aquiring her. She is a special little mare!
Ron would have been so happy to see his baby being shown.
default_bye-sad.gif
I sure do miss my friend.

Latest posts

Back