New Baby Boy!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LizardBreath

Reaction score
We had our very first foal born last night! We've been planning this breeding for 3 years, so it's very exciting! :cheeky-smiley-006:

Mom is a 4 year old maiden, and she read the book :aktion033: No signs (other then a big belly and very small bag that she's had for two months) until yesterday, dropped and started waxing. By 5 pm she was dripping milk and having small contractions. My mom got off of work and hurried over around 10 pm, and Tierra waited until we were all there and settled in (me, my mom, brother, aunt, uncle and two cousins (she wanted an audience!), before she layed down and started pushing, and within 15 minutes baby was out and trying to get up! Everything went just perfectly, you would never know this was her first baby, she acts like she's done it a million times.
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

Baby is a little pistol, all he could think about for the first hour was trying to run and play. He tried to go jump on all of us immedietly. He wanted to go see the other horses, and the cats, and the people, then decided to suck on moms knee, lol. So all night we were all saying "Wrong way baby, your mom is that way!"

I think we are going to call him "Wrong Way" :flirt:

Here is the proud daddy, MRB Mystic Monet (in winter fuzzies)

campics3014.jpg

And mommy, Lil Orchard's NFC Tierra Sunset

one096.jpg

And our new solid bay colt! 5 minutes old, got the standing thing halfway figured out :eek:

wrongway027.jpg

Almost!

wrongway035.jpg

Look at my pretty face!
default_wub.png
:

wrongway044.jpg

Showing off in my little blanket (we had bought one for a boy, and one for a girl, but somehow the little boy one vanished
default_wacko.png
: )

wrongway066.jpg

napping with mom

wrongway072.jpg

1 hour old!

wrongway083.jpg

I'll have plenty more pictures later today :bgrin

He is adorable!
default_wub.png
:

Daddy looks tiny how big is he??

Congratulations on your first foal :aktion033: Joyce

[SIZE=14pt]Awwww he is cute!!!! I love the blankie!!!
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

Congratulations, those maidens surely give us gray hair/ Cute colt, love the name and the daddy is a cute wee guy!

Karla, I think you were right about Gypsy, she wouldn't have liked an audience but Chloe Bear loves everyone.

Thanks everyone!

The sire (M&M) is 27.5 inches, and turned 4 years on the 26th (he got a birthday baby, lol), and the picture was taken just a couple of weeks ago

Some of you might remember, he's the little guy we had attacked by a pit bull a couple of years back, and made a little stall in the house for him. He KNOWS he's hot stuff (and bigger then everyone, lol)

Tierra is approx 33 inches.

Little "Wrong Way" seems to be much more interested in people then his mommy, he's definately a little explorer
default_wink.png
: Getting ready now to go out and take some dry fluffy pics
default_wub.png
:

Congratulations on your beautiful little guy. I'll bet he'll grow up to be a Marlboro man for sure. :aktion033: :aktion033:

Big Congrats!!!! Already the baby is show stacking, opps guess thats more of a dog term than horse, whatever he is doing it! Daddy sure is a nice little guy
default_wub.png
: Mom too!!

Congratulations! He's a pretty boy--I can say "pretty" right? After all, he's wearing a pretty blankie, LOL.

Back