Neverending Saga: Amy at 6 months old

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Amy turned 6 months old this week. She’s 68 pounds. It’s all energy and she has left me barely alive to tell about it. Puppy hood is still in full force but there are no more accidents in the house. She also is not devouring the furniture and for the most part, her training is coming along pretty good. She not only knows words like “come, sit, stay” she knows full sentences some of which are: “Stay out of Dan’s room” "You just ate" “Put that down” “Leave it alone” “Get the phone” “Good doggies don’t eat metal” “Don’t bite mommy anymore” and “Get off the kitchen table” to name a few.

Today Amy decided to play in the manure pile to my sheer disgust. There she was, digging holes in it using her nose and paws and making a tunnel. She sticks her head in the tunnel and decides it’s not deep enough and continues until she can fit her entire head in it up to the end of her neck like an ostrich. Apparently she figured out that she couldn’t breathe, backed out and proceeded to roll and grind every last turd she could into her skin from head to tail. This called for a huge bath. No problem, my specialty (next to scrunchies) .

Here was the kiddie pool in the barnyard, very convenient, so I thought this was going to be easy. It’s 104 degrees out here so this is also going to be fun for us both. I got her in the pool and began to rinse and scrub and get her fully lathered when she decided not to participate any longer and began fighting with me about it.

A: “I’m jumping out”

Me: “No you’re not”

A: “Yes I am”

I had the hose running in the pool which she didn’t like and I was having trouble holding onto to her with my soapy and slippery hands. I ended up in the pool of floating turds with her squirming around in a sitting position in the now brown poopy water. Man, this was one bad idea. She is completely annoyed and takes a flying leap and jumps out leaving a trail of brown bubbles coming off of her. She takes off full speed leaving me flopping around like a beached whale in the instant diarrhea water trying to get to my knees.

After I was air lifted by the crane (sigh) I hosed myself off and went in search of my supposedly noble and stinking companion. And there she was, doing a good 300 laps at warp speed around the front field with ease, pronouncing her extreme delight that she had duped me. I’m exhausted and dying in the heat but the good thing about Amy is that she comes when I call her, except when she knows she’s been bad…..and she knew it was one of those times. So of course she is not wanting to come to me and would rather let me lay out there covered in turd water to die, than to return to that pool of horrors. So I use trickery and pretend I’m happy, so she finally comes running to me and bang, I got her on the leash and hauled her in the house. Keeping in mind what my mentor and hero Ceaser Milan the Dog Whisperer says, I must assert my leadership and reduce Amy’s excitement to a peaceful state of mind. No problem; so I tell Amy “Hey, I’m the pack leader you goofy dog and calm down.” Yup, that’ll work.

By now the Hus is home and oblivious to our little event and I announce that she is getting a bath in the tub. I had to drag her in and true to form, she wasted no time in trying to escape. The water turned brown instantly, what a disaster. She air launched herself half way out of the tub but I caught her in mid air snapping my neck back and hearing a click. Oh ouch. I broke my neck. Oh cool, no problem. I'll grow a new one. Down comes the shower curtain complete with rod, bang! Water flying all over the bathroom from the hand held shower nozzle that got away from me and there went the open bottle of shampoo spilling out all over the floor. “Amy stop it” “Amy knock it off” “Amy gimmee a break here” “Amy! Amy! Amy!” “Somebody come and gimmee a hand!!!!!!” “Somebody call an exorcist!” I've had it.

Finally I get really ticked off when all of a sudden she decided to calm down and before I knew it, there she was actually seeming to enjoy her bath. She sat down and looked like she was digging it. She began wanting to drink water from the shower nozzle and started trying to bite at the water and bark at it. Oh geesh, now it’s a big game. Where's the rubber duckys? And that’s about the time when Hus shows up with the camera. I"m a dead woman with a broken neck who stinks and is worn out and bruised and he's taking pictures of this little darling angel for the baby book.

Well I finally got the deed done and she got dried off and put on her little tank top that doesn't fit anymore. Looks like it's time for shopping for some new GSD clothes. Tonite as she crawls up in bed, she’s going to be smelling like roses and I'm going to sleep like a ton of bricks.

This is Amy at 6 months old at today's saga. She’s come a long way baby!

Now I have to go clean up the mess in the bathroom.

Amybath1.jpg

Amybath2.jpg

You got to love those German Shepherd Dogs!

[SIZE=14pt]lol...i just love that first picture...it says it all
default_yes.gif
: ...Nikki
[/SIZE]

OMG Marty....that was hysterical....hahahaha......... remember, I am not laughing at you, I am laughing with you.....well, ok, so maybe I am laughing at you a little bit.

Can I send my dog down to you to get a bath?.......Molly hates bathes.

Send some hot weather up here would ya?

Amy is just beautiful......look how regal.

default_wub.png
: I just want to hug her! I love that picture all soggy with her 3 o'clock ears
default_wacko.png
:

Laughing out loud..not AT you but WITH you!!! I wonder if my new monster will be like Amy once she settles in.... :eek:

OMG! Marty...that is too funny. You really have a gift for storytelling! :aktion033:

Yesterday was Tug's first bath. Now a 16 week old Lab pup should take to a bath like-er...well a duck to water. Well Tug was convinced that the bathtub was going to eat him.

i finally wrestled him in yelling to the kids don't open that door-no matter what! as Will (3) kept knocking- can I come in to help?(He just helped give Timber a bath)No bud, I yell mommy's teaching Tug that baths are fun!

Finally pup is clean and I let him out to run victory laps, after kitchen chair almost goes flying , I decide to bring him out to run. What must go through a dog's mind after a bath-they all love to run and look sooo happy.

Amy is wonderful Marty, there will be many years where you will be graced y her nobility....these glorious puppy stages are really just fleeting moments
default_yes.gif
: At least that's what I tell myself as I look at Tug and think....you are are guardian?!? One who protects me from the bow target because the bulleyes look like giant eyes and always manages to get one more mouthful of water to dribble and slosh across the floor
default_wink.png
: Hmmm....would a pergo floor survive a lab pup?

Angie

Marty I just love seeing Amy and hearing her stories...you are so great at capturing her every moment. I told myself no more dogs...but every time I see a GSD puppy picture....!! Have you ever taken her through a car wash ?? I love taking mine...the get a little nervouse at the brushes hitting the windshield. But the funniest thing is when we are driving away they all start shaking like they do when they get out of the pool or lake...they are dry as can be but they seem to think they got wet
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

Heidi

AAAAWWWWWWWWW.......
default_wub.png
: What a beautiful angel she is in that SECOND photo. :bgrin

Great story LOL! Puppies are such a trial - it's been years since I'd had one and I am now remembering why :eek: Mine is about the size of Amy's paw, but still full of puppy energy.

Jan

MArty I just read this and couldn't stopping laughing...real "Baxtere Black" stuff there! I automatically open all your posts, jovial or not you are a gifted writer!

Maxine

Oh man Marty! I feel for you--really I do--but I also laughed so hard I snorted. tehehe

Oh my Marty

What a fun day... I to enjoyed my laugh at your day. Poor Poor Amy, to have to endure all

that.. oh sorry it was you and I bet Miss Amy had a ball doing it all.

that is why our new dog is only 5 lbs and he is already 5 wonderful years old. You will love

it when all the training is done, and she is mature dog. Well, but then you would miss all that

fun and memories. Our new dog is a miniature Pomeranian. We are so enjoying skipping the

puppy stage. He came already house broke, well mannered, and so loveable. But he did come

with a few qurks. He loves to hide under the bed, well Mom and Dad's bed. He won't eat in

front of us. But he comes when called, and barks to go outside. He loves to travel too, get

your purse and he is ready to go. We are making some great memories with him. He also

came to us FREE... She made lots of money and we got him free... She could not keep him.

But we so love him.
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

I did too, love the pictures of Amy, but where were the one's of you and her.
default_yes.gif
:

Vicky

reasons why there's a weight limit on dogs at my house......
default_wink.png
: I have enough horses in the barn!

Oh Marty - what a hoot! Bet the next time she gets a bath it will be even more fun - they learn ya know, and I am sure she has plenty more tricks up her sleeve!

I have a little 10 lb Havanese that seems to think that if she gets wet in the tub that she is being skinned alive - no problem running all over the place here when it rains, thru every mudpuddle she can find and comming in looking like a mudrat -- but warm water in the sink and she starts shrieking at the top of her lungs -- honestly you can hear her blocks away -- you would swear that she is being tortured. Of course, once it is all over, she is a happy a can be and does laps thru the house at warp speed - eventually ending up in my bed and rolling happily all over my pillow until it is soaked.

Let's just hope that Amy & Daisy never meet - you and I would be "toast"
default_yes.gif
:

Hugs to you both,

Stac

Latest posts

Back